KMC Wheels - Top

Scott Wenhe - Top

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,921 Times
    I made billet parts for VWs. It was actually my first paying gig I got when I started out.

I do billet aircleaner bases and tops, 009 dist clamps, alt pulleys, supercool oil fills, probably a bunch of other pretty parts I forgot about.

Brian<----soft spot for a good runnin VW,
    Last edited by wsuwrhr; 11-02-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    Cheap, fast, good, pick any two.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmoney View Post
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by HavasuHank View Post
    I'll put it into easy to understand lingo - I'm going to go make a shitload of money
    See SB Products @ http://www.sbp2020.com

View and "Like" SB Products on FB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wsuwrhr For This Useful Post:

Wicky (09-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,921 Times
    BTW, When I switched to the 84 Scat crank, I also sold the Dellortos and ran 48IDF(not IDA) Webers, much better than the 44/45's INMHO.

Ran like a whole different car.

It was a pricey decision though.

Brian

Huh?
    I'll put it into easy to understand lingo - I'm going to go make a shitload of money

Thanks
    Thanked 2,755 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDave View Post
    VW Paradise is $$$$.. They have done some stuff for me over the years. I never had any issues with them, but always felt I was paying out the ass. LOL

RD
    VW Paradise has buillt some really good motors for friends in the past. Wasn't pissed about the motor. Shit happens in the hipo world. It was the description of the rest of the car that didn't live up to it's description. Lesson learned. Now I have one very bad ass rail that every single part has been rebuilt or replaced. This is a new car now and better than it ever was. Estimated 285hp. Thinking about a 100hp shot panic button just in case. I feel like a kid the day before Xmas right now!

Friends don't let friends buy Rollbar boats.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,921 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    VW Paradise has buillt some really good motors for friends in the past. Wasn't pissed about the motor. Shit happens in the hipo world. It was the description of the rest of the car that didn't live up to it's description. Lesson learned. Now I have one very bad ass rail that every single part has been rebuilt or replaced. This is a new car now and better than it ever was. Estimated 285hp. Thinking about a 100hp shot panic button just in case. I feel like a kid the day before Xmas right now!
    Aspirated? 44s?

185 if you were lucky. Just being honest.

Huh?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,755 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by wsuwrhr View Post
    I like your car, cool to see people still interested in not building a v8 car "cause everyone else is doing it". I always like the Mazzones.

I have an 84/94 in my Baja I built years ago. I loved taking it to glamis with no rear fenders. I have always used 86b WEb cams with 1.5 rockers, maybe 1.6(I think) it worked out to .505 or .55 lift. Absolutely carried the front wheels in first and second with a good shift.

Awesome engine.

After being in V8 stuff, I really enjoyed the VW, pretty silly when you consider what it is and that it is as fast as it is. Taught me some good lessions on HP/weight ratio.

My father always gave me shit until I took him for a ride.

It remains the most violently accelerating car I have built to date. Driving it in the rain can be a religious experience.

Brian
    Love the no fendered Bajas!!! Maybe because I had one too and would dance the front tires off the ground with the right shift and bump in the road!! Spent many a hours twisting a 13mm wrench on it too. Built it from the ground up. All about the HP/weight ratio!!! ...
    Do you still have your baja?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,755 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by wsuwrhr View Post
    Aspirated? 44s?

185 if you were lucky. Just being honest.
    51 Dellortos 12.5:1
    Last edited by Wicky; 08-01-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,019 Times

Re: New buggy after 18yrs of being buggyless

You mean 285 on the gas right?

Na vw at 285....:confused:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanked 4,191 Times

New buggy after 18yrs of being buggyless

48 Dellortos 12.5:1
    My 2276 was 11-1 with your same cam and 48 IDA's and it made right at 200 hp. Big heads too. Welded and ported.
    The beater.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,755 Times

Thumbsdown

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    My 2276 was 11-1 with your same cam and 48 IDA's and it made right at 200 hp. Big heads too. Welded and ported.
    Heads are welded and ported but anyone can do that and make big heads. It's how they flow is where the hp is developed. These heads flow and have extensive bench testing. Wish I had the pic of the work and the paperwork but I don't. Heads make HP. It's all about the flow. I'm just repeating what I was told est optimum hp would be. I won't complain about anything between 240-260. With the extra CCs, extra compression, skirted pistons, 5.84 rods, 12.5:1 this motor will find at least 50 more hp than your 2276. The gas will make up the difference.
    If you want, I'd be happy to race you for say....some gas $$$ I'll be at Dumont for Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Wicky; 11-03-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,755 Times

Brothers knows Heads...and these are 42s. Mine are 44s and tighter. Rods in this motor are 5.6s. Compression is lower too. It's all about the heads...
    A quote from one of the Brothers....

"I have a 2332 in my 55 that I am using stock heads with. I did port them a massive amount (I had to weld quite a bit on the heads and intake manifolds), installed 44mm intake and 37.5mm exhaust, an FK98 cam, treuhaft 1.4 ratio rockers, 14:1 compression, deano dry sump oil pump, and to top it off vintage crower/hilborn MFI. Running 118 octane race gas, I got 312 HP. STOCK VW HEADS CAN BE MADE TO MAKE 230 HP WITH WORK"
    Last edited by Wicky; 11-03-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast