WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Soooooooo, WhaT did you LearN thiS wEEk??

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I learned, that although they are NOT cheap, Remflex makes the best damm header gaskets out there! :thumbsup

http://catalog.remflex.com/

Oh and that Berry can build engines forwards OR backwards! :D

Singleton

Reaction score
After working at a company for 7.5 years, don't except a good bye on your last day. Glad I am leaving for my new job, but wow, was shocked that my manager did not even show up for work today and I had to turn all my company assets into the admin.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
that beer is on sell and fuel is down to 3.93 and you can find all these things when your not working :D:boobeyes:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That my boss doesnt think things through before he opens up his mouth. WAs giving me a major design change today and I had to convince him he was wrong and to leave it the way it was.

Warlock1

Reaction score
That "be safe" is just a catch phrase that managers like to use but when it has an impact on their output, they forget all about it.

Actually I knew this all along, its just funny and irritating how this played out yesterday

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
After working at a company for 7.5 years, don't except a good bye on your last day. Glad I am leaving for my new job, but wow, was shocked that my manager did not even show up for work today and I had to turn all my company assets into the admin.

I hope you don't feel this rant is directed at you, Singleton. It isn't. It's just venting.

... but why do people think their company cares about them? Oh sure, there are HR policies and communications that express caring and concern. "Wife having a baby? We're delighted to give you the day off since it's required by the labor code but you better fucking be here tomorrow."

I have a good job. I pretend to be white collar. The thing is, if the company decided to outsource my team, I'd be gone in a millisecond. Until then, they pretend I'm an important part of the corporate machine. In a way, I am so I don't take it as being particularly disingenuous.

The vast majority of people who feel they have careers, don't. They have jobs. That includes me. It's the era we live in.

Most of what I learned this week wasn't particularly positive so I'm just going to end the rant here. People who would run over you to make a nickel aren't your friends. That's not particularly sad, however, since they never were.

:cool:

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Last night I learned that my USMC rebuilt shoulder does NOT! rotate that way voluntarily. Im in so much pain right now I have that throw up feeling. I really hope I didnt fuck it up to bad. :grumble:

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
I learned the Lakers need to replace just about everyone on the team.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I learned that I now like The Weather Channel, because their media reps brought us breakfast burritos from Lily's in Malibu :thumbsup

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I hope you don't feel this rant is directed at you, Singleton. It isn't. It's just venting.

... but why do people think their company cares about them? Oh sure, there are HR policies and communications that express caring and concern. "Wife having a baby? We're delighted to give you the day off since it's required by the labor code but you better fucking be here tomorrow."

I have a good job. I pretend to be white collar. The thing is, if the company decided to outsource my team, I'd be gone in a millisecond. Until then, they pretend I'm an important part of the corporate machine. In a way, I am so I don't take it as being particularly disingenuous.

The vast majority of people who feel they have careers, don't. They have jobs. That includes me. It's the era we live in.

Most of what I learned this week wasn't particularly positive so I'm just going to end the rant here. People who would run over you to make a nickel aren't your friends. That's not particularly sad, however, since they never were.

VERY GOOD Tom , I found out that a couple peeps they hung onto after letting some of the good hard workers go go , 1 quit and 1 just got fired :grumble:

Joker

Reaction score
I learned that I'm evidently the only one capable of working in my household and I'm getting pretty tired of it.
I'll refrain from mentioning it this weekend though.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
I learned that apparently I must have been at the Chinese Buffet all week.....

<------- Felt like shit for 6 days now :thumbsdown

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

A rant but the cold hard truth......Today's corporate venture capital driven ownership has turned alot of once proud employee respectful companies into emotionless bottom line driven worker meat market. Buy a group of successful companies, lump them together, throw some capital at them, grow them big and lean, and sell em off, employees be damned.....

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I learned that some of you are apparently backstabbing cunts :p

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I learned that I am soooo tired and over doing my own lawn. But damn, that shit looks good. :D

Reaction score
Nothing yet this week.

But I'm hoping to learn a few new things here pretty quick. :D

Singleton

Reaction score

No worries. One of the main reason I left the company. Most company's want the employee to be loyal, but will ax them without any thought when needed. Too many signs pointing to my position being eliminated sooner than later, so it was time to leave on my terms.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
No worries. One of the main reason I left the company. Most company's want the employee to be loyal, but will ax them without any thought when needed. Too many signs pointing to my position being eliminated sooner than later, so it was time to leave on my terms.

True.
That's part of the beauty of being a "consultant", and self employed.
I don't know what you do, but if you have a marketable skill, it can be very beneficial to provide it to multiple clients.

Kind of a "they need you more than you need them" deal.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I learned that the 5 fingered (toed) Viabram running shoes actually make my knees and back hurt less when I run my very short distances:skull

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I see a few people at the gym wearing them and they all swear they are the best thing since sliced bread.

I learned that the 5 fingered (toed) Viabram running shoes actually make my knees and back hurt less when I run my very short distances:skull

Hypnautic

Reaction score
That doing 55 in a 35 = $302. I told him cops sux but he didnt think it was as funny as I thought it was.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I learned that I'm evidently the only one capable of working in my household and I'm getting pretty tired of it.
I'll refrain from mentioning it this weekend though.

I learned I want to move in with Joker. :p:champagne::D

D

Deleted Account

I learned that when your kid hits a grand slam in ASA, the coach runs out and throws a shit fit, and then his wife (in the dugout) talks crap to my daughter on first base inning after inning . Yep I got evicted, but he's not a coach anymore, either.:skull

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I learned that when your kid hits a grand slam in ASA, the coach runs out and throws a shit fit, and then his wife (in the dugout) talks crap to my daughter on first base inning after inning . Yep I got evicted, but he's not a coach anymore, either.:skull

I have spent the past 3 months living this bullshit. Today we finished. Second place. My kid sat out two innings every game. The only kid on the team to do so.

Sorry to read this. PITA these "Game People" can be.

Coaches kids play whatever position they want even if other kids are better at it x100%. Exactly what I expected. :thumbsdown

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
You asked LOL,

the extent to which campaign contributions actually buy access to a legislator is difficult to ascertain because the access is "unobservable. Prior to 2007, the regulatory scheme did not require sufficient disclosure of contacts between legislators and lobbyists and fundraising activities to allow observation of the "actual exchanges. Using what information was available, one study found evidence that supported the proposition that campaign contributions buy access.

Congress intended for the disclosures required by the LDA to make the public aware "of the efforts of paid lobbyists to influence the public decisionmaking process. Despite this effort, the relationship between lobbyists and legislators remains under a "cloak of secrecy. The persistent lack of transparency, leading to corruption and the perception of corruption, stemmed from two inadequacies in the pre-2007 system of regulation. First, that regime did not require sufficient information to expose the true nature of the relationship between lobbyists and legislators. Second, the actual system of disclosure hampered any attempt to make the needed information available to the public.

The system?originally intended to facilitate public disclosure of the required information?suffered from multiple failings, which rendered it inadequate to achieve the goal of transparency. Under the LDA, the Secretary of the Senate and Clerk of the House were charged to develop "computerized systems designed to minimize the burden of filing and maximize public access to materials filed under this chapter. The reality, however, was that through 2006, Congress had not efficiently processed the lobbying disclosure forms, which resulted in "filing fiascos" and delay. Moreover, once the reports were publicly available, "the limited search functions" did not provide the public with "a complete picture of lobbying" efforts.

Another system failure was that senators were not required to submit campaign finance disclosure forms electronically. This failure resulted in a needlessly complicated procedure. Most senators compiled contribution and expenditure disclosures electronically and printed them. These hard copies were then scanned into the computer to transmit them electronically to the FEC, then printed out the disclosures and sent a second set of hard copies to an outside contractor for manual input into an electronic This convoluted chain resulted in filings that were hard to read because of "repeated format changes" and inaccurate because of human input errors. Because of the delay imposed by this process, contributions made on the eve of an election were kept from public scrutiny until after voters had already goneto the polls. The disclosures, when they were finally available, took the form of enormous online documents that were not word-searchable.

Reaction score
I learned yesterday it's possible to leave Tempe at 5, drive to big river, sell a boat, and be home by midnight.

O and there is a huge space in my drive way now lol.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I learned that after my second heat attack last month, there won't be a third that I will remember. I just can't catch a break on my health. Back to square one and start over. Good news, I'll be home more now and going to make some big changes.:D

Robyn

68 schiada
Reaction score
I learned that after my second heat attack last month, there won't be a third that I will remember. I just can't catch a break on my health. Back to square one and start over. Good news, I'll be home more now and going to make some big changes.:D

well good luck and prayers i enjoy your posts :thumbsup

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score

Glad to hear you're on the mend.
I was wondering what was going on because I noticed you hadn't been around in awhile. I almost started a thread asking about you this past week.
Hope the healing continues quickly:thumbsup

charlyox

Reaction score

I was wondering what you have been up to. I hope you get back on the mend soon.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

:thumbsup:thumbsup

Wow. Glad your still here to make those changes! Hope to see more of you around here too. :)

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
You asked LOL,

the extent to which campaign contributions actually buy access to a legislator is difficult to ascertain because the access is "unobservable. Prior to 2007, the regulatory scheme did not require sufficient disclosure of contacts between legislators and lobbyists and fundraising activities to allow observation of the "actual exchanges. Using what information was available, one study found evidence that supported the proposition that campaign contributions buy access.

Congress intended for the disclosures required by the LDA to make the public aware "of the efforts of paid lobbyists to influence the public decisionmaking process. Despite this effort, the relationship between lobbyists and legislators remains under a "cloak of secrecy. The persistent lack of transparency, leading to corruption and the perception of corruption, stemmed from two inadequacies in the pre-2007 system of regulation. First, that regime did not require sufficient information to expose the true nature of the relationship between lobbyists and legislators. Second, the actual system of disclosure hampered any attempt to make the needed information available to the public.

The system?originally intended to facilitate public disclosure of the required information?suffered from multiple failings, which rendered it inadequate to achieve the goal of transparency. Under the LDA, the Secretary of the Senate and Clerk of the House were charged to develop "computerized systems designed to minimize the burden of filing and maximize public access to materials filed under this chapter. The reality, however, was that through 2006, Congress had not efficiently processed the lobbying disclosure forms, which resulted in "filing fiascos" and delay. Moreover, once the reports were publicly available, "the limited search functions" did not provide the public with "a complete picture of lobbying" efforts.

Another system failure was that senators were not required to submit campaign finance disclosure forms electronically. This failure resulted in a needlessly complicated procedure. Most senators compiled contribution and expenditure disclosures electronically and printed them. These hard copies were then scanned into the computer to transmit them electronically to the FEC, then printed out the disclosures and sent a second set of hard copies to an outside contractor for manual input into an electronic This convoluted chain resulted in filings that were hard to read because of "repeated format changes" and inaccurate because of human input errors. Because of the delay imposed by this process, contributions made on the eve of an election were kept from public scrutiny until after voters had already goneto the polls. The disclosures, when they were finally available, took the form of enormous online documents that were not word-searchable.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I have spent the past 3 months living this bullshit. Today we finished. Second place. My kid sat out two innings every game. The only kid on the team to do so.

Coaches kids play whatever position they want even if other kids are better at it x100%. Exactly what I expected. :thumbsdown

I couldn't agree more. I have about 3 more weeks of this shit. What kills me is the coach is a "river guy" but we have practice friday nights, game saturday nights, and another practice sunday afternoon.....WTF!!!!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. I have about 3 more weeks of this shit. What kills me is the coach is a "river guy" but we have practice friday nights, game saturday nights, and another practice sunday afternoon.....WTF!!!!

Got to love that middle of the day "Sunday" practice schedule.

rvrmom

Reaction score

x1000 I'm over baseball. We have spent a retarded amount of money getting Ryan private pitching lessons, batting lesson etc.. at Lifeletics. I spent 3.5 hours yestarday watching him pick dandilions in centerfield while the coaches kid walked everyone. Oh and Ry was benched too. We were out at the river a few weeks ago and he missed a week of practice. The coach came up to us and said 'what's up with missing practice?" Of course I was polite and said sorry. But in my head I was so who gives a shit.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I learned that some people just focking LOVE drama. :thumbsdown:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I learned that some people just focking LOVE drama. :thumbsdown:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thats one of those things that i learned a long time ago, and unfortunately get reminded of all toooooooo often. :thumbdown:

sent from a van at the waters edge.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I coached and ran our local pony league for 14 years. I can't tell you how many times I heard parents complaining that "their child wasnt being played enough by the coach", or "my kid is better then that kid", or "the coaches kid always get to play"

What I learned over those many years was that most of the time, THE COACH WAS CORRECT. The coach's kid usually is better.. His father works with him more often, mom is usually involved , and dad probably got involved with coaching because of the childs talent in the first place. On the opposite side of the field, player parents are generally using ball as a babysitter, or merely to keep the kid busy and out of trouble.
These parents have little to no interest in participating, either in the form of coaching, or spending time with the child practicing. They simply show up to the game expecting their child to be the star. News flash...

Then of course there's the reality that the child actually has no talent or physical ability... Which of course not many parents want o admit. This is almost always a dissatisfied parent, and a ticking time bomb for a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Love your posts.
My question though with your skills, why not just make a new improved ticker and install it yourself?:D

D

Deleted Account

She just made All Stars, so now we are starting all over again, and are playing over Memorial Day weekend in San Clemente...;) I'm glad she is having fun. Her practice is 7-9PM during the week. The other one is into Volleyball. There's a whole bunch of driving involved in these sports, lol...

Those volleyball moms are Cray-Zee!!!! :skull

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
She just made All Stars, so now we are starting all over again, and are playing over Memorial Day weekend in San Clemente...;) I'm glad she is having fun. Her practice is 7-9PM during the week. The other one is into Volleyball. There's a whole bunch of driving involved in these sports, lol...

Those volleyball moms are Cray-Zee!!!! :skull

Good for her. Very cool. :thumbsup