WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

An amazing friend is in need

beerjet

Reaction score
As many of you know our Catalina Water Ski Race Director Ken Vaughan is fighting cancer. This struggle has been very difficult for him both physically and financially, State Disability Insurance only goes so far. Ken would never ask for help himself, so his family and friends are going to ask for him. If you could please donate some funds to help that would be very much appreciated. Donations can be sent thru PayPal to [email protected] or checks sent to Peggy Vaughan, P.O. Box 5968, Garden Grove, CA 92946-5968. Also we will have a box for donations at the Catalina Water Ski Race, look for it at registration, drivers/observers meeting and trophy presentation. Thank you, Catalina Water Ski Race Committee

OHHH YAAA

Reaction score
This is terrible to hear. Is he going to be able to make the race at all? I will be paying a visit to the donation box for sure.

Last edited:

beerjet

Reaction score
Kenny has never asked for help and he still hasn't. This is being put together by his family so I can only assume this has taken a turn for the worse... thanks and hope to see you out there.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Kenny has never asked for help and he still hasn't. This is being put together by his family so I can only assume this has taken a turn for the worse... thanks and hope to see you out there.

I havent used my paypal in a long while. If I can get it current ill throw a few dollars ur friendd way. Everytime ive jumped in this post I couldnt get past that luscious ass in ur avatar. :drool:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Ken is indeed amazing.
Very hard to do the job he does for the race, and it's thankless.
Oh yeah,, very amazing.

Surprised no mention of this on the CWSR website.

wpid-125-lumley-041-225x152.jpg

profimedia-0076985427.jpg

beerjet

Reaction score
I havent used my paypal in a long while. If I can get it current ill throw a few dollars ur friendd way. Everytime ive jumped in this post I couldnt get past that luscious ass in ur avatar. :drool:

Thanks! Anything is a huge help.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
I have not had this put on the CSR website for a couple of reasons. One we have not told Ken (my brother in law) that we are doing this and two with Catalina just around the corner I have been flat out with race stuff, working on the boat and seeing friends in town from overseas. I did not even get to put the information on this site, Beerjet beat me to it so thanks to Beerjet for getting the information out there and thanks to everyone who donates. RDP truly is an amazing community.