WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Racey's 32 (Spectra) With our flush mount hydraulic steering

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
The 2nd of four 32' Spectras we have built since we bought the molds. The boat was made around 1987 completely hand-laid by Stephen Stenton(My Dad for those keeping track) and Dean Staberg, Steve completely rigged/installed/wired the boat by himself with the only outsourcing being the Upholstery, he even did most of the teak cabnetry. The boat was repowered in 2004 replacing the stock 330hp 454's with 557cu in carbureted Brummett engines. We designed our own flush mount steering to eliminate the rams and tie-bar from crushing the extra long tail pipes, which house gatlin mufflers. The steering rams are IMCO's that we shortened 3" and re-tooled, they are mated to 3/8" Stainless tiller arms that are mounted off the trim pins. When then went to a lower volume helm since the rams were considerably shorter. The boat also has a built in Ice-Chest with a power drain pump that will hold 150+ beers and keep them cold and hold ice for an entire summer weekend. it has about 4" of foam insulation glassed around the entire chest cavity.

DSC00090.JPG

DSC00788.JPG

DSC00789.JPG

DSC00792.JPG

DSC00793.JPG

DSC00794.JPG

DSC00795.JPG

DSC00796.JPG

DSC00797.JPG

DSC00799.JPG

DSC00800.JPG

DSC00801.JPG

DSC00802.JPG

DSC00803.JPG

DSC00804.JPG

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
Does your dad know that your posting all these pics? Your giving away all his "secrets".

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
That thing is awesome. Whats top speed with the repower?

74gps on the bow-eye, the boat porpoises badly if you give it any trim, it definitely has alot to do with the bottom of the boat, it has a good amount of hook to it, none of them have ever had any real power put in them ever, the other factor could be that since it's such a heavy layup (boat weights about 10,000lbs off the trailer, pre vinyl resin and composite days:)) maybe it can't carry the nose:confused:, it is definitely a combination of those 2 factors, we think it's mainly the prior. If we ever do another one we will be turning it over and fixing the wet surface.

Does your dad know that your posting all these pics? Your giving away all his "secrets".

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery :p

mbrown2

Reaction score
I am sure you have heard this before, but you guys do some amazing work...

Nice to see such a creampuff spectra.....luv the old school cruisers..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
74gps on the bow-eye, the boat porpoises badly if you give it any trim, it definitely has alot to do with the bottom of the boat, it has a good amount of hook to it, none of them have ever had any real power put in them ever, the other factor could be that since it's such a heavy layup (boat weights about 10,000lbs off the trailer, pre vinyl resin and composite days:)) maybe it can't carry the nose:confused:, it is definitely a combination of those 2 factors, we think it's mainly the prior. If we ever do another one we will be turning it over and fixing the wet surface.

I thought I read somewhere of a 32 that hauled ass? I'll see if I can track down where I read about it..

That boat is bitchen! Definately thinking outside the box with regards to steering. You guys do fantastic work over there!

I noticed the Schiada to the left of it with the same colors. Same owner?

RD

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I noticed the Schiada to the left of it with the same colors. Same owner?

Yep, notice the walls of the building as well, just to store the boats in :cool: pretty dialed, we had them painted the same as a little surprise for him.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Beautiful boat ! I love the lines , I had a 1980 24 ...classic never goes out of
style !