WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can someone explain the difference between a fever, lightning and executioner?

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
I know they all have beeks but what is the difference between the models? Is one faster than the other?

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Fever is what you get when you're sick, lightning comes from the sky and an executioner is what's going to ban your ass any day now :skull:D

Director...
Reaction score
an executioner is what's going to ban your ass any day now :skull:D

12544082969DZ9ai.jpg

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I think you'd get better treatment from strangers at OSO.

Give that a try. :thumbsup

spectras only

Reaction score
27 and 32 models were Fevers. The other models had difference having a windshield or a fairing and difference in the shape of air ducts on the sides for the engine compartment.The hulls were basically the same for the straight or stepped bottoms each.

My buddy's 35 is an Executioner.He has a fairing. He thinks it's a Lightning
but the Lightning has twin round shaped ducting. I've got the brochure on these beak boats and could look it up later to be obsolutely 100%

Fountain%20at%20Bowen%20Island

This is a 38 Lightning >
38%20Fountain.jpg

Last edited:

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Have you tried a different forum?

PokerRun388

Reaction score
GRADS, your buying a catarmaran anyways, don't worry about it..:D

Tank

Reaction score
You getting ready to buy a Fountain or what? I've seen you post a couple times about them. I can tell you this, go ride in one.

The things I don't like about Founatins: they ride a bit rough, the low freeboard can and has been an issue when floating around (as in they take water into the engine vents in rought water), I don't like the left throttles, I don't like that you literally lose 4' average off the length (2' beak, 2' swim step), they're narrow too! Reggie also changed the bottom design like every year for a bunch of years through the 2000's.

With that said, you can get great deals on them and they're fast!

Go to OSO and hit the Fountain forum. You'll get any questions you have answered there.

Mardonzi

Pull!! Bnag!! Loss!!
Reaction score
You getting ready to buy a Fountain or what? I've seen you post a couple times about them. I can tell you this, go ride in one.

The things I don't like about Founatins: they ride a bit rough, the low freeboard can and has been an issue when floating around (as in they take water into the engine vents in rought water), I don't like the left throttles, I don't like that you literally lose 4' average off the length (2' beak, 2' swim step), they're narrow too! Reggie also changed the bottom design like every year for a bunch of years through the 2000's.

Go to OSO and hit the Fountain forum. You'll get any questions you have answered there.

Another detriment to them is the cabin space. I have a 35' Lightning and anymore than 4 people in the cockpit and it's cramped.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score

All good points.
I did the Cumberland run in a 35 Ex a few years back, and it ran pretty good for just a pair of stock 496's.

Another buddy of mine had a 32 last year and sold it within a month because the twin 502's sucked more gas than he wanted to spend - and the motors were so close together you basically had to half dismantle them for simple maintenance. He bought a 27 single and loves it for what he does boatingwise.

spectras only

Reaction score

The things I don't like about Founatins: they ride a bit rough,

Fountains ride rough until you'll get in the 38 at the minimum;).Running my buddy's 35 in 3' plus confused water,it needs lot of tabs to be comfortable. Honestly, the 47 with triples would be the ticket for me if owned oil stocks:p

Kyle%20W%2047%20Fountain

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info everyone. It seems like you can get a lot of boat for the price but like Tank said, I don't know if I could get used to having the throttles on the dash and on the left side. As far as the two Eliminators for sale, they're probably a little out of my price range until I get a job.