Lucas Oil - Top

Wozencraft Insurance - Top

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member PokerRun388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,891
    Thanks
    2,332
    Thanked 659 Times
    GRADS, your buying a catarmaran anyways, don't worry about it..

  2. #12
    Senior Member Tank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Channel Islands, Ca.
    Posts
    2,953
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 189 Times
    You getting ready to buy a Fountain or what? I've seen you post a couple times about them. I can tell you this, go ride in one.

    The things I don't like about Founatins: they ride a bit rough, the low freeboard can and has been an issue when floating around (as in they take water into the engine vents in rought water), I don't like the left throttles, I don't like that you literally lose 4' average off the length (2' beak, 2' swim step), they're narrow too! Reggie also changed the bottom design like every year for a bunch of years through the 2000's.

    With that said, you can get great deals on them and they're fast!

    Go to OSO and hit the Fountain forum. You'll get any questions you have answered there.


    SO-CAL SPEED & MARINE 661-644-3177

  3. #13
    Pull!! Bnag!! Loss!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Side... Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    603
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 34 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    You getting ready to buy a Fountain or what? I've seen you post a couple times about them. I can tell you this, go ride in one.

    The things I don't like about Founatins: they ride a bit rough, the low freeboard can and has been an issue when floating around (as in they take water into the engine vents in rought water), I don't like the left throttles, I don't like that you literally lose 4' average off the length (2' beak, 2' swim step), they're narrow too! Reggie also changed the bottom design like every year for a bunch of years through the 2000's.

    With that said, you can get great deals on them and they're fast!

    Go to OSO and hit the Fountain forum. You'll get any questions you have answered there.
    Another detriment to them is the cabin space. I have a 35' Lightning and anymore than 4 people in the cockpit and it's cramped.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Blubyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tucson,Az
    Posts
    3,139
    Thanks
    500
    Thanked 503 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
    GRADS, your buying a catarmaran anyways, don't worry about it..
    You're

  5. #15
    Senior Member PokerRun388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,891
    Thanks
    2,332
    Thanked 659 Times
    Grads, here's a boat for you, and they accept trades..

    http://eliminatorboat.com/pre-owned/...-standard-deck

  6. #16
    Cynical Sarcastic F-er Buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Apache Jct. AZ
    Posts
    3,470
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 461 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    You getting ready to buy a Fountain or what? I've seen you post a couple times about them. I can tell you this, go ride in one.

    The things I don't like about Founatins: they ride a bit rough, the low freeboard can and has been an issue when floating around (as in they take water into the engine vents in rought water), I don't like the left throttles, I don't like that you literally lose 4' average off the length (2' beak, 2' swim step), they're narrow too! Reggie also changed the bottom design like every year for a bunch of years through the 2000's.

    With that said, you can get great deals on them and they're fast!

    Go to OSO and hit the Fountain forum. You'll get any questions you have answered there.
    All good points.
    I did the Cumberland run in a 35 Ex a few years back, and it ran pretty good for just a pair of stock 496's.

    Another buddy of mine had a 32 last year and sold it within a month because the twin 502's sucked more gas than he wanted to spend - and the motors were so close together you basically had to half dismantle them for simple maintenance. He bought a 27 single and loves it for what he does boatingwise.


    ?When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ?happy?. They told me I didn?t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn?t understand life.?
    -John Lennon

  7. #17
    Senior Member spectras only's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    4,573
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 403 Times

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    You getting ready to buy a Fountain or what? I've seen you post a couple times about them. I can tell you this, go ride in one.

    The things I don't like about Founatins: they ride a bit rough,
    Fountains ride rough until you'll get in the 38 at the minimum.Running my buddy's 35 in 3' plus confused water,it needs lot of tabs to be comfortable. Honestly, the 47 with triples would be the ticket for me if owned oil stocks


  8. #18
    Senior Member spectras only's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    4,573
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 403 Times

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
    Grads, here's a boat for you, and they accept trades..

    http://eliminatorboat.com/pre-owned/...-standard-deck

    grads maybe more interested in twin engined boats

    here's one http://www.seadogboatsales.com/2005%...-%20Hunter.pdf

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Roseville,CA
    Posts
    4,119
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times
    Thanks for all the info everyone. It seems like you can get a lot of boat for the price but like Tank said, I don't know if I could get used to having the throttles on the dash and on the left side. As far as the two Eliminators for sale, they're probably a little out of my price range until I get a job.