WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speaking of Vodkas

6Trophies

Banned
Reaction score
For some years now we've been drinking the stuff that Holy Moly's holding :D

attachment.php

(Kirkland Vodka made in France - 5 times distilled)

But on my last trip to Costco, I found a new-to-me Kirkland Vodka - made in America, it's 6 times distilled and wouldn't you know it, exactly 1/2 the price of the stuff from France! :thumbsup

Unfortunately I can't find a picture of it anywhere and it's not shown on Costco's site. Anyone else tried this stuff?

So we had a blind taste test of 3 vodkas (no, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles weren't able to be here):

71099_43214749489_4589236_n.jpg

titos.jpg

3. Kirkland American Vodka (6-times distilled)

Most of the testers gave the following preferences for freezing cold shots (1 being the best; 3 the least favorite):

1. Tito's

2. Kirkland American

3. Kirkland France

Since Tito's is the same price as the Kirkland France, the Kirkland American vodka won by virtue of it's lowest cost (around $14.00 as I recall).

Anyone else had this Kirkland American Vodka?

Flynryan

Reaction score
Titos for me. 6 times distilled and made in Tx.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I got started on Tito's when I moved to Texas a few years go....figured it was some kind of off brand cheap stuff. But it's GOOD!:D

Weekend Therapy

Reaction score
Funny you mention it. I'm sitting at a bar and look up and what do I see.

Attachments

• IMG-20120829-00061.jpg
    IMG-20120829-00061.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 5,614

Cajun

Reaction score
Is that really HolyMoly?
(legitimate noob question)

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Is that really HolyMoly?
(legitimate noob question)

Affirmative. The pic is a couple years old though. I thought it was a joke till I met him. Nice guy. He has more tatoos now. :thumbsup

D

Deleted Account

Affirmative. The pic is a couple years old though. I thought it was a joke till I met him. Nice guy. He has more tatoos now. :thumbsup

And fewer teeth!:skull:D

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Was just at Costco on Sunday. Saw the Titos, the Kirkland France, no American. What does the bottle look like? 1.75L?

thetub

Reaction score

attachment.php

But on my last trip to Costco, I found a new-to-me Kirkland Vodka - made in America, it's 6 times distilled and wouldn't you know it, exactly 1/2 the price of the stuff from France! :thumbsup

Unfortunately I can't find a picture of it anywhere and it's not shown on Costco's site. Anyone else tried this stuff?

So we had a blind taste test of 3 vodkas (no, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles weren't able to be here):

titos.jpg

Most of the testers gave the following preferences for freezing cold shots (1 being the best; 3 the least favorite):

1. Tito's

2. Kirkland American

3. Kirkland France

Since Tito's is the same price as the Kirkland France, the Kirkland American vodka won by virtue of it's lowest cost (around $14.00 as I recall).

Interesting. Where do they sell that Titos Vodka at? do they sell in Kalifornia? thanks

thetub

Reaction score
Costco I guess. how is this stuff compared to a Sky or Kettle One Vodka?

Hallett270act

Reaction score
You can buy Titos at Bevmo and Pavillions in California....not sure about Costco. Don't mess with Texas!

River Cowboy

Reaction score
Picked up Titos at bevmo a few mo's back wife is a vodka drinker
Did a head to head test ketle one, grey goose ect
Titos kicked ass
super clean nothing but in my bar now

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I buy it at Stater Bros. so I imagine it is available at most grocery stores.

IinsureU

aka 'Insman'
Reaction score
Serve Tito's all the time at my house to the Vodka drinkers, they all love it and it is always in the freezer...

Tank

Reaction score
Rumor is Costco vodka is grey goose different label..

That "rumor" started because the two are made in the same factory in France.

We love the Kirkland French vodka and just tried the American version last week. Good stuff. But we mix our vodka with v8 splash and redbull.

brad22

Barco Mecanico
Reaction score
Never seen tito's around here? But I know Grey Goose = Good times - Bad Hangovers :D

6Trophies

Banned
Reaction score

attachment.php

titos.jpg

1. Tito's

2. Kirkland American

3. Kirkland France

Here's a pic I took tonight of both Kirkland Vodkas. Made in France, 5-times distilled, on the left and "Kirkland American" made in USA, 6-times distilled, on the right:

Attachments

• IMG_5385.jpg
    IMG_5385.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,043

6Trophies

Banned
Reaction score
Tito's Handmade Vodka is made in Texas and one of the places it can be purchased (on sale) is at BevMo.

Their normal price online is $28.99 which is more than the Kirkland France Vodka and double the Kirkland American Vodka. If you're drinking it straight go with Tito's. If you're making mixed drinks get 2 bottles of the Kirkland American for the price of one of these:

85072.jpg

http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=26044

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score
Tito's Handmade Vodka is made in Texas and one of the places it can be purchased (on sale) is at BevMo.

Their normal price online is $28.99 which is more than the Kirkland France Vodka and double the Kirkland American Vodka. If you're drinking it straight go with Tito's. If you're making mixed drinks get 2 bottles of the Kirkland American for the price of one of these:

85072.jpg

http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=26044

This stuff? :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346303370335.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346303370335.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 796

NicPaus

Reaction score
For $30 a bottle Ketel One from Costco. :champagne:

mariley85

Reaction score
it all tastes like methanol to me.

in the words of george thorogood: one bourbon, one scotch, one beer.

craiger88

Reaction score
Their normal price online is $28.99 which is more than the Kirkland France Vodka and double the Kirkland American Vodka. If you're drinking it straight go with Tito's. If you're making mixed drinks get 2 bottles of the Kirkland American for the price of one

X2

BMABITY

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346334748.674679.jpg

This stuff is good and almost always on sale at Stater Bros. Worth giving a shot, wife and I love it...

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Titos is hard to beat, and usually only costs around 20 bucks for a handle at your liquor warehouse. Give people the blind test, between Tito's, Kettle, and Goose, and 9 out of 10 will pick Tito's as the smoothest/best in their opinions. :thumbsup Good Stuff

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
When I was in St. Petersburg Russia vodka tasting... The Russians were very proud of their Smirnoff vodka and they always included it in there blind taste test againt the more popular american consumed brands like Sky/Goose... And it consistently went head to head with the more expensive brands. The commies admitted that they had been out marketed but not out done....

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Tito's is the best vodka hands down....there are others that are good but Tito's is truly the best....and made in America....:thumbsup

We were at the Encore in Vegas one night at a very nice bar and we're ordering martini's...I had heard about Tito's and asked the bartender about it....he told me that if I make you a martini with Tito's, you'll never want anything else....he was exactly right....and it's gotten popular enough that you can find it in most of the bigger liquor stores and most grocery stores...best price we've found is at Total Wine and More...1.75 for $27.99

Last edited:

czarmarz

Reaction score
Just picked up an American vodka from Costco handle for under 15 bucks

Reaction score
Just picked up an American vodka from Costco handle for under 15 bucks

Did a test tonight with ketel one....It was ok but the ketel had less bite. I think a good mixer but I drink it straight.