WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

87 Condor TX-19

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
So I picked this deal up last weekend with the intent of just driving it and having fun, but I decided it would make a fun build. More than likely going to swap the motor with a 468 and do some shining up :thumbsup

IMG_6213.jpg

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
For this build I'm thinking I really want to source everything from RDPers. Things that must be replaced with new items I'll pick up from an advertising vender here. All items that can be replaced with used or pre-owned items I will source from fellow inmates :thumbsup. I know we all have stuff laying around that we need to get rid of so I'll help with that all I can with this build.

Couple things I can think of off the top of my head are...

Interior
Low profile billet fuel fillers
Steering wheel.. prefer Grant style with polished spokes
Switch plate for lights etc or billet pulls
Berkley nozzle or diverter setup
Berkley transom adapter
Polished grab handle 5"
Rail kit

I have the engine source already if I can make it happen

Let me know what you guys have!

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Pulled the interior and am stripping it down to cut and buff the gel...

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

Just Electric

freway offramp panhandler
Reaction score
nice pm me i have a few questions on the 18 cp you first looked at have a buddy interested just dont want to do a 18hr drive to turn around

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Got the motor out and stripped the interior... Now color sand and buff then new carpet, seats (hopefully) and some shiny bits...

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

After color sand and first buff... Two more stages to go then polish

IMG_1233.jpg

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone have a Berkley nozzle they want to sell? Or diverter? This one sucks.... :rolleyes

IMG_6221.jpg

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Also... is this transom plate the best setup for this deal? Or should I be using something better...

IMG_1199.jpg

fmo24

Reaction score
Hey PT, the guys at JetBoatPerformance always seem to have great input and advice. If he does not comment in here maybe IM him.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey PT, the guys at JetBoatPerformance always seem to have great input and advice. If he does not comment in here maybe IM him.

Thanks! Tom is on my list of folks to call :thumbup:

Nordie

Reaction score
Also... is this transom plate the best setup for this deal? Or should I be using something better...

View attachment 264949

As long as that plate holds water its perfectly fine! My old boat had a trsndom adapter that was hidious. Same type of deal, slight setback.

Pretty sure you wouldnt want this transom adapter hanging out back there

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366685389228.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366685389228.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 105

jetboatmatt

Reaction score
Sweet find!!! They have a lot of those in Texas!! Cool boat!!

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
What are you going to do if you get shit stuck in the pump, the clean out hole is right in the middle of the transom plate? I guess if you are not running an intake grate or a loader you can clean out the pump from the bottom but what a pain in the ass that is going to be. BTW I'm really stoked for you on this boat, I would LOVE to have one!!! :thumbsup

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as that plate holds water its perfectly fine! My old boat had a trsndom adapter that was hidious. Same type of deal, slight setback.

Pretty sure you wouldnt want this transom adapter hanging out back there

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Actually it needs to be re sealed and was wondering of one like yours was a better option

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
What are you going to do if you get shit stuck in the pump, the clean out hole is right in the middle of the transom plate? I guess if you are not running an intake grate or a loader you can clean out the pump from the bottom but what a pain in the ass that is going to be. BTW I'm really stoked for you on this boat, I would LOVE to have one!!! :thumbsup

That was kind of my thought too Scottie.... And it has a loader. Kind of looking for some options here.
I'm stoked on it. Gonna be a fun little boat. Hot a nice motor waiting for it and new interior planned :)

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
That was kind of my thought too Scottie.... And it has a loader. Kind of looking for some options here.
I'm stoked on it. Gonna be a fun little boat. Hot a nice motor waiting for it and new interior planned :)

I am stoked for you!!!! I'm not sure where I've seen it but I have seen something that works just for this aplication. I think your best bet is to give jetboatperformance a call and they WILL NOT STEER YOU WRONG!!!! Can't wait to see the final outcome!! :thumbsup

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
I am stoked for you!!!! I'm not sure where I've seen it but I have seen something that works just for this aplication. I think your best bet is to give jetboatperformance a call and they WILL NOT STEER YOU WRONG!!!! Can't wait to see the final outcome!! :thumbsup

I plan on picking toms brain and giving him some business after DS is over :)

Nordie

Reaction score
Actually it needs to be re sealed and was wondering of one like yours was a better option

The transom adapter off of my tahiti are available, they are fiberglass and a pain in the ass to seal. My big complaint about whoever installed mine, before i bought the boat, is the bottom of the transom adapter (just in the corners of the transom adapter) hung below the boat about a 1/16th of an inch, and 2-3 times a season i would have to reseal that area, because the silicone would eventually push out. Now as far as hand hole access, yes i had access. Left the Lazy Harrys cove and had to get in there to pull a couple rocks, and some weeds. So in that aspect yes it does the job being able to get shit out of there. Most of the garbage was able to reach through the loader and pull out the weeds. The rocks had to go through the hand hole.

Just Electric

Reaction score
if you dont wantthe transom plate i will take it :) plus if your worried about the clean out you can always whip one up like i did mine heres a pic with the rail kit im building
553478_475253952511963_659510731_n.jpg

Just Electric

Reaction score
or buy a dominator transom plate cover the xl and it should clear the clean out

white tortilla

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366991104.298835.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366991116.585939.jpg

heres how we did it on my 19. prolly a little more labor intensive than throwing a box over it but it looks better imo

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
I can probably fix you up with some grab handles, I'll find them and post a pic. there yours if you want them.
as far as the transom plate its fine, if your worried about the clean out, I would suggest one like white tortilla's or set the pump back a little more, I would do the setback, but more work required,
please dont put one of the bulky transom adapters on it, it makes servicing the jet a PITA

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
I'll try and find them this weekend

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, stupid question.... I took the old flip top fuel fills off the Bastard and I want to put flush style fills on... do I get vented or non vented? Are the flip top ones vented?

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
Ok, stupid question.... I took the old flip top fuel fills off the Bastard and I want to put flush style fills on... do I get vented or non vented? Are the flip top ones vented?

Post a pic
But if you want to use the flush mount style
Look at the tanks and see if they have a vent, if not your caps will need vents

Be sure to ground the new fills to the tanks even if the old ones were not

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Post a pic
But if you want to use the flush mount style
Look at the tanks and see if they have a vent, if not your caps will need vents

Be sure to ground the new fills to the tanks even if the old ones were not

Thanks. What's the best way to ground them?

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
Just a 22 gauge wire ran from fuel fill to tank. Then from tank to engine block
if its not grounded for fuel level sender,

You are Preventing a static discharge during fill up.

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
e4a4unu3.jpg

Here they are they need a little polish
PM me your address and ill send them

alter ego

Reaction score
I owned this boat about 3-4 owners back, had a real fun time in it. It was the boat that i bought because it was already running over 100 mph, looked pretty good, and wasnt perfect so i wasnt afraid to "use it" i have some pictures of the thing when i first got it, and it seems that the boat has only improved if you can imagine... i installed the gauges, steering pedal, shifter, and a few other parts. The original gauge layout was less than desirable, had real small gauges (a blessing later) i had to go with bigger gauges because the smaller ones were installed at different widths and heights, it was a PITA. there was one switch hole that wasnt quite covered, but other than that it had avery nice facelift. the steerin had a plastic besel a wheel that had been spray painted prolly a dozen times and telephone spiral cord for the nos buttons. the rear end had NPT pipe thread fittings that were pinched in with couplings on the back side, so i put the billet dumps on it. i had a dominator TA cover, but sold it to someone, i had a dominator pump, so the TA plates i built were trashed along the way, anyways, it was a fun intro boat to gullwings for me, and i am glad it is with an owner who is finally giving it the TLC it deserves. instead of restoring this one, i decided to rob most of the good parts i had for it, and build a new Rouse 19 right before they went under. check out the build thread on PB thru the link below. keep the pics coming.

http://www.performanceboats.com/wfl-crew/95070-joshs-rouse-19-winger-build.html

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
I owned this boat about 3-4 owners back, had a real fun time in it. It was the boat that i bought because it was already running over 100 mph, looked pretty good, and wasnt perfect so i wasnt afraid to "use it" i have some pictures of the thing when i first got it, and it seems that the boat has only improved if you can imagine... i installed the gauges, steering pedal, shifter, and a few other parts. The original gauge layout was less than desirable, had real small gauges (a blessing later) i had to go with bigger gauges because the smaller ones were installed at different widths and heights, it was a PITA. there was one switch hole that wasnt quite covered, but other than that it had avery nice facelift. the steerin had a plastic besel a wheel that had been spray painted prolly a dozen times and telephone spiral cord for the nos buttons. the rear end had NPT pipe thread fittings that were pinched in with couplings on the back side, so i put the billet dumps on it. i had a dominator TA cover, but sold it to someone, i had a dominator pump, so the TA plates i built were trashed along the way, anyways, it was a fun intro boat to gullwings for me, and i am glad it is with an owner who is finally giving it the TLC it deserves. instead of restoring this one, i decided to rob most of the good parts i had for it, and build a new Rouse 19 right before they went under. check out the build thread on PB thru the link below. keep the pics coming.

http://www.performanceboats.com/wfl-crew/95070-joshs-rouse-19-winger-build.html

Thanks for the info. It's a good little boat, but has mistreated of late. Hopefully I can remedy that.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Got done with the cut and buff...

muqutuqy.jpg

Starting to get the carpet back in...

anu9equ5.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
Looks like it took a lot of elbow grease to prep the floor prior to installing the new carpet. How many hours in prep do you think you have in the floor ?

alter ego

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It's a good little boat, but has mistreated of late. Hopefully I can remedy that.

I bet! most of the time when you sell a good boat, it is to someone that wants to enjoy your work, instead of taking care and building upon it. instead they use all the good it has and sell a basket case. when do you plan to have it back on the water?

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
I bet! most of the time when you sell a good boat, it is to someone that wants to enjoy your work, instead of taking care and building upon it. instead they use all the good it has and sell a basket case. when do you plan to have it back on the water?

Pretty sure that was the last dudes plan. He's either a jackwagon or has never seen a nice boat in person cuz he had no problem telling me this thing was an 8 or 9 out of 10 and letting me drive all the way to Houston to find out it was a 6 haha. Oh well. Live and learn.

Hoping it'll be ready in a couple weeks. Gotta drop the new engine in it after I put her back together.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Coming together nicely...yup, you are gonna beat me, mine should be ready for the water next spring.

Froggystyle

Reaction score
Pretty sure that was the last dudes plan. He's either a jackwagon or has never seen a nice boat in person cuz he had no problem telling me this thing was an 8 or 9 out of 10 and letting me drive all the way to Houston to find out it was a 6 haha. Oh well. Live and learn.

Hoping it'll be ready in a couple weeks. Gotta drop the new engine in it after I put her back together.

Who's the jackass... You bought it. ;)

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Who's the jackass... You bought it. ;)

Clearly you missed the live and learn portion of that statement Wes. :). Plus after driving for 18 hours my pride just wouldn't let me leave empty handed... Oh well. It's a cool piece now at least. And to echo 2FF's comment... Never, never buy a boat with a lake test.