WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Century Link Prism TV... Anyone have it? Anyone Like it?

Mardonzi

Pull!! Bnag!! Loss!!
Reaction score
We're moving into a new place in Phoenix this coming week. When we were in NM, all we had for TV was Dish Network and Century Link for Internet. We were going to just do either the Cox cable and internet or keep the Dish and Century Link Set up till we came across the Prism Dealio... Never heard of it, never talked with anyone that has it.

Any feedback?

Vegaskeith

Reaction score
My buddy has it. Watching the game 10mins behind live TV for a bar and food break. Press play and a few mins later blank screen. Modem reset. So we switch to live TV game over! Plus only one TV can have HD playing at a time!

Nordie

Reaction score
I got it and I like it...if hd is recording its kind of a pain. In the ass. Other then that my wife can watch her foo foo love shows in the room and I can watch my stuff in the living room. I have heard complaints of the guide being slow, but its been fine for me. I opted for prism because fuck COX! All your tv is actually ran off of cat5 cable and off of your modem.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I think a lot of it has to do with the level of fiber penetration in your neighborhood, If you are in a neighborhood where all the circuits are going back miles on copper pairs it's gonna give you problems, if you are in a neighborhood where it's only a few hundred yards back to a fiber backbone you will be much better off. I have century links DSL service at my shop, it's the only provider in the neighborhood, the service is cheap $30 a month, but its buggy an goes down probably 3 times a week for 5 or 10 minutes at a time, All of Boulder City is still on copper pair, no fiber penetration at all, My circuit goes back over 2 miles on a copper pair to a punch down, and from there it goes somewhere else over copper for who knows how far (I know this because the guy was just here to set it all up when our tenant moved out and i had to move the service into my name, someone didn't jump the circuit back at the hub building and it wasn't working at first.)

I don't know anything about only being able to watch one thing HD at a time, a buddy of mine has it in a good neighborhood fiber wise, but he lives alone, and doesn't ever watch more than one tv at a time (obviously) and therefore he loves the service. Not sure if that would be the same if he had a family and was getting screwed out of watching Supercross in HD cause his old lady was watching Real Housewives of where ever in the other room.....

Last edited: