WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

C-17 on final approach

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Are you sure there's a landing strip?

Keymyster

Reaction score
C-17 is a great aircraft. Does not need much of a landing strip. Proud to work on them daily.:thumbsup

U4ia

Reaction score
C-17 is a great aircraft. Does not need much of a landing strip. Proud to work on them daily.:thumbsup

As I was proud to work on the first C-17, T1 the flight test bird, first to fly. I was MD Flight Test and worked instrumenting T1 for a year, then was on the launch crew for First Flight. The bird flew to EAFB where the night crew received her that evening, next morning we reported for two years of testing. We spent the first few months being followed by guys with cameras as we maintained the aircraft who them wrote the maintenance manuals. We were literally making up the now official procedures as we went along: we wrote the book!! Great days!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I designed some of the aft fuselage structure and aft cargo door.

As I was proud to work on the first C-17, T1 the flight test bird, first to fly. I was MD Flight Test and worked instrumenting T1 for a year, then was on the launch crew for First Flight. The bird flew to EAFB where the night crew received her that evening, next morning we reported for two years of testing. We spent the first few months being followed by guys with cameras as we maintained the aircraft who them wrote the maintenance manuals. We were literally making up the now official procedures as we went along: we wrote the book!! Great days!