BoatBling - Top

Scicon Tech - Top

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 46 Times

Lake Powell: Camping at Lone Rock??

Fellow boaters....

I have read through every thread on here with regards to Lake Powell.... It is the mecca of boaters paradise without a doubt. For my birthday in September I have a houseboat reserved and am super stocked about it. Until then.... The wife and I were talking last night about what to do for 4th of July and have decided to spend our 4 days off camping at Lone Rock beach at Powell to explore the lake and look for spots to houseboat later in the summer. We have a small 26' camper so we were thinking about pulling it up to Powell hoping we can find a spot at Lone Rock. Does anyone have any experience camping there or have any advice??? Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 610 Times
    The best advice I can give you is... Don't piss directly into the wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by TBulger View Post
    I've read about guys like you Chili, most of the times they're multi millionaires though.

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times
    We camped at Powell last year and found Wayneswords.com very informative. Wayne will answer any question you have regarding Powell and tell you all the best houseboat coves.

Thanks
    Thanked 106 Times
    Soft sand! Bring a tow strap even if you have 4 wheel drive. As stated be prepared for wind.

Thanks
    Thanked 147 Times
    It is basically beach camping, no specific spots. Just find a place you like and park it. Be careful of soft sand and getting stuck.

Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times
    http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=194&dateline=11981844  25

Thanks
    Thanked 46 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 Sleekenforcer View Post
    Awesome. Thanks! We are excited to get a chance to check out the lake for a couple of days before our houseboat trip.

Thanks
    Thanked 430 Times
    Sometimes Lone Rock can be a zoo for camping. It's wide open beach with no wind protection. 4th of July..............no thanks too crowded. I would stay at the campground at Wheaweep (sp?) and see if you can get a slip to keep the boat in.

Thanks
    Thanked 46 Times
    Name:  Lake Oct 2011 007.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  76.0 KBName:  Lake Oct 2011 002.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  65.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Widowmaker View Post
    It is basically beach camping, no specific spots. Just find a place you like and park it. Be careful of soft sand and getting stuck.
    I am going to miss not having my Deuce up there! I bought it just so I could get my camper and boat down to the water and not worry about getting stuck! It is still in New Mexico at the lake we went to when we lived there.
    Last edited by HAVASUSUN; 06-12-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 278 Times
    Lone rock for the 4th of July will be a complete shit show. I'm talking drunks, loud music, trucks and dirt bikes all nights, fireworks getting shot into your camp etc. U couldn't pay me to camp there. Go find a little spot in warm creek with the boat and forget the camper.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast