Roadrunner - Top

Sand and Water Expo - Top

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 461 Times

Frequent airline commuting??

I'll try to keep this brief...

Do any airlines offer a contract price for a frequent commute??

Situation is, my wife is considering a job in SLC. We don't want to sell our AZ house, don't really want to move, period. But...
    It's a 10 hr drive, so it's doable in a day, but...
    A flight is 1-1/2hr.

My thought is she could set up a small apartment in SLC for weekdays/workdays and fly home (AZ) for the weekends.

So, my ?? Is, has anyone ever done this and worked with an airline to negotiate a rate?
    This would be on our own dime.

?When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ?happy?. They told me I didn?t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn?t understand life.?
    -John Lennon

Thanks
    Thanked 578 Times
    any chance she wants to become a pilot?
    Cheap, fast, good, pick any two.

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    Easy there. I gave up my left nut to get this job.
    See SB Products @ http://www.sbp2020.com

View and "Like" SB Products on my FB page

Thanks
    Thanked 578 Times
    I can tell you from others doing something similar, time away gets to be a bummer.

Brian

Thanks
    Thanked 162 Times
    American used to have a plan they called airpass - not sure if they still do it but you could do that sort of thing if you paid them up front for a set of miles flown or something like that.

The bigger issue with them is that they don not fly that route - so you would have to fly to Dallas every time and connect.

I'm guessing that will be Delta or SW if you want direct - possibly others???

Thanks
    Thanked 461 Times
    Shit Brian, I don't need to go out buying a fuckin airplane

?When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ?happy?. They told me I didn?t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn?t understand life.?
    -John Lennon

Thanks
    Thanked 461 Times
    Delta has a daily morning and evening route, so that could work.

-John Lennon

Thanks
    Thanked 578 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Shit Brian, I don't need to go out buying a fuckin airplane
    Just throwing that out there, a couple years of flying....you will be paying for one whether you like it or not.

Small planes don't cost THAT much. As much as a high end car.

Brian

Thanks
    Thanked 592 Times
    i was commuting for a while and it sucks. having to take redeyes so you dont waste a sunday flying because they want you working on monday. it gets old quick. whatever airline is most convenient for you, get a credit card from them so you are getting the most miles possible with your airline purchases, you get seat upgrades, etc. book em on your cards and expense it with your company rather than letting them book it. then apply those to spending quality time together on a trip. i racked up some serious miles with us airways when i had to go back and forth between la and austin/boston. its all about the points!

Thanks
    Thanked 461 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by wsuwrhr View Post
    Just throwing that out there, a couple years of flying....you will be paying for one whether you like it or not.

Small planes don't cost THAT much. As much as a high end car.

Brian
    True.
    But, much like a boat, I'm guessing the purchase price is only about 1/3 of the total ownership cost (maintenance, airstrip, hangar fees...)
    Plus, she could get work done while on a flight.

I'm just kicking ideas around here...

-John Lennon

Thanks
    Thanked 461 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by ka0tyk View Post
    i was commuting for a while and it sucks. having to take redeyes so you dont waste a sunday flying because they want you working on monday. it gets old quick. whatever airline is most convenient for you, get a credit card from them so you are getting the most miles possible with your airline purchases, you get seat upgrades, etc. book em on your cards and expense it with your company rather than letting them book it. then apply those to spending quality time together on a trip. i racked up some serious miles with us airways when i had to go back and forth between la and austin/boston. its all about the points!
    I don't think we could expense it to the Co.
    Possibly a tax write off though.

-John Lennon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast