5. Kingsport, Tenn.
4. Punta Gorda, Fla.

3. Lake Havasu City, Ariz.
Metro population: 199,177
Unmarried households: 46.0%
Cost-of-living score: 108.9
Median household income: $39,785
Date-night tab: $23.36

Lake Havasu City was the subject of two "MTV Spring Break" specials, but don't let that fool you. This placid border city is a desert haven for the retirement set, where nearly one-third of adults are over 62 and the majority is married. That makes things difficult for singles, who might already struggle to cover the gap between Lake Havasu's lower-than-average incomes and higher-than-average living costs. While that won't trouble retirees, it?s a reason for younger singles to head for the hills -- the Santa Monica hills, specifically. Los Angeles, five hours west, made our list of best cities for singles.

2. Ocala, Fla.
1.Yuma, Ariz.

http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/worst-cities-for-singles/1.html

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Prescott is surprising with the college? I visited a friend there once and had a good ole time!:champagne:

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
LHC may not be great for relationships but it's the world capital of cities in which you can bang a tweeker chick for 5 bucks and a happy meal.

mbrown2

Reaction score
LOL....LHC....Dave you better keep a tight hold on Stacy...could be a desert out there for you... :)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
That's a somewhat flawed study from a "banging hotties" perspective, because the summertime hotties you meet in Havasu don't live there.

Living in a city, and meeting single chicks who also live there, is one thing.
Visiting a city, and meeting chicks who are also visiting, is quite another.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
LHC may not be great for relationships but it's the world capital of cities in which you can bang a tweeker chick for 5 bucks and a happy meal.

That's about as accurate a take on LHC as I've read yet.
Spot on.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Ocala, FL, seems odd? FL weather, people always out and about... Idk...

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Who wants to have a relationship with any chick they meet in Havasu? ;)

Kinda misses the point. Doesn't it? :D

mariley85

Reaction score
Yuma? I guess you just need to know where to look. I've met quite a few pretty girls from there.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Prescott is spot on... As a single Prescott resident I'm almost surprised it didn't rank higher :grumble:

getreal

Reaction score
Santa Barbara is (should) be # 1, the saying here is: "nearly wed or nearly dead".

WildHorses24

Reaction score
That's a somewhat flawed study from a "banging hotties" perspective, because the summertime hotties you meet in Havasu don't live there.

Living in a city, and meeting single chicks who also live there, is one thing.
Visiting a city, and meeting chicks who are also visiting, is quite another.

Agree or here's another take
Ring don't block a hole. They should have added "swinger factor" and divorce rate into the equation:rolleyes::cool:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Santa Barbara is (should) be # 1, the saying here is: "nearly wed or nearly dead".

It's can't be that bad if you're attending college, or are college-aged, during the school season :thumbsup

getreal

Reaction score
It's can't be that bad if you're attending college, or are college-aged, during the school season :thumbsup

It (used) to be great but being over 50, there aren't that many girls with the " daddy" complex any more LOL.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
I read the 'stats' listed for Havasu and IMHO they may have us confused with some other place. This town has (aprox) 50K people, not 199K. $23.00 date ? only on 'dollar taco night'. IMHO they are very wrong on Havasu, could they be 'more accurate' with their 'stats' for the other towns, I think not....

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
So where do you import your eye candy from ? AZ may be my new home, where are all the single ladies ?

I spend a fair amount of time in Phoenix... Plenty of good looking girls in Prescott but they carry a lot of small town baggage.

jayboat

naplesimage.com
Reaction score
Having spent a little time in Punta Gorda, that place definitely belongs on the list. Maybe 6 chicks in the entire town under the age of 50. Also, there's no beach there, part of the problem, methinks.

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Very skewed report. While the married population is a large percentage, the saying in town is that, "You don't lose your wife, you just lose your turn".

So, a single person could do very well here. :D