WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sittin in the hospital

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
How is the busing coming along? I did major surgery a few years back (early cancer, no chemo needed) and they split me from about an inch below my sternum to my pubic bone. My guess is they had a clamp pulling me open on each side and one over the junk. Man the brusing that left on the junk and pubic bone was unreal. It lasted over a month. I can relate to what you are going though, mine was a little different but it still changes your outlook on life. In my case I was 33 when it happend. It took a while to get past the "I'm too young for this shit" and I still deal with the "is this just a prelude to later in life?" occasionally. All said and done, you get what you get from life, make it count.

All the best with this.

I've been icing it a lot and today I can really tell the bruising is starting to let up. It's feeling pretty good today. Easier to move around that's for sure. Took blue balls to a whole new level. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Dave, I don't know if it's been posted in this thread, but what was the indicator there was a problem? Lump?

Thanks,
and good luck!!

A few weeks back my daughter jumped up into my chair with me and she knee'd me right in the balls. Made me see stars. The next day I was in the shower and went to rub some soap on the kids and I felt a little pain. Started feeling around and I felt a hard spot on the bottom of my left nut. Next day I was at the Dr. He sent me for an Ultrasound that night and it went downhill from there.

PVHCA

Reaction score
I've been icing it a lot and today I can really tell the bruising is starting to let up. It's feeling pretty good today. Easier to move around that's for sure. Took blue balls to a whole new level. LOL

"Ball" to a whole new level, just sayin.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
A few weeks back my daughter jumped up into my chair with me and she knee'd me right in the balls. Made me see stars. The next day I was in the shower and went to rub some soap on the kids and I felt a little pain. Started feeling around and I felt a hard spot on the bottom of my left nut. Next day I was at the Dr. He sent me for an Ultrasound that night and it went downhill from there.

OK, great info! Thanks for posting that.:thumbup:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
The news about the job is great, nice when something good comes along to offset the bad..

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Well some great news today to offset some of this. I work out of a dispatch hall so I have to go pick up my jobs every week. I've been picking up jobs for years at a certain company and have really gotten to know everyone well and they've been pushing to get me on steady there. Well I just got the call they're gonna hire me on finally. I should start in 2 weeks. This is gonna be huge for me and my family. I've been working my ass off for this. It's a great day.

Good job Dave! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I'm going to throw this out there. You can listen or not, it is up to you. But let me say this, diet plays a huge role in cancer. Both preventing and curing. After I was diagnosed, I really looked hard at why this was happening. I learned that the crap we eat is causing cancer. Refined sugar is one of the worst things you can put in your body. If you want to get into serious cancer fighting mode, you have to get serious about what you put in your body. I have made a life long commitment to change my diet and I feel great.

I don't eat any refined sugar, no soda, no artificial sweeteners, no preservatives, no caffeine, no alcohol except red wine, no processed food crap, no fast food, etc. It was hard to do the first week but I feel really good now. The docs can't believe how good my blood work looks at this stage in the treatment and I attribute that to my diet.

I know it does not sound like fun but to me it greatly improves my chances of survival so it is all worth it. The body will take care of itself if you treat it right. Most American docs will say it (getting/curing cancer) does not really mater too much what you eat but that is BS. Docs from other countries are much more tuned into the effects of diet and supplements. The American health care system is so controlled by the pharmaceutical companies that they are behind on the alternative treatments and diets that can benefit cancer patients.

Anyway, there is much to be read about on the topic but just to keep it simple, I would at least eat as healthy as you can until you are through this fight. And then you can decide if you want to continue.

Hope this helps.:thumbsup

...Whoa... ...Just got caught up on this thread... ...The dietary aspect cannot be emphasized enough... ...Everything in the above post is 100% accurate... ...There is a book written by a Dr Robert O Young called ,..."The PH Miracle"... ...His doctorate is in microbiology... ...I highly reccomend that you go to E-bay or Amazon and order a copy... ...What you do with the information is up to you and your family... ...It's only about $6 to $10... ...The people that I know,...in similar situations to yours,...that have adheared to it,...are way ahead of American Medical Associations predictions...

...Keeping good thoughts for you... (even though you guys would drop containers in the middle of the night and wake me up when I lived aboard);)

D

Deleted Account

Well some great news today to offset some of this. I work out of a dispatch hall so I have to go pick up my jobs every week. I've been picking up jobs for years at a certain company and have really gotten to know everyone well and they've been pushing to get me on steady there. Well I just got the call they're gonna hire me on finally. I should start in 2 weeks. This is gonna be huge for me and my family. I've been working my ass off for this. It's a great day.

Working for SSA? Congrats. You won't have any trouble walking away from this.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Wtf?????? Haven't been around here much lately... and come back to see to a friend losing' a nut? Didn't read the whole thread... seems like things are good so far D.. Wish the best bro... on a lighter note..with all the smart asses around here maybe it's been said.. but have u considered changing ur name to Nojunkie? :D Or maybe 1/2junkie. ;).

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Well Dave.....How's ol' 1-3/4 doing this morning......getting sick of daytime TV yet?.....hope all is well!!

Joker

Reaction score
Congrats on that deal with the union. :thumbsup
Hoping you get better soon.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I'm good. Tired of being home. I get my stitches removed tomorrow and I should find out when I start my treatment. I'm ready to go back to work. I don't do well sittin around the house.

Froggystyle

Reaction score
Well... You could always start smoking. That'll also give you something to quit later...

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Well... You could always start smoking. That'll also give you something to quit later...

I was thinking of starting up smoking pot. Then I'd have another excuse for laying around and doing nothing. :D

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
I was thinking of starting up smoking pot. Then I'd have another excuse for laying around and doing nothing. :D
Chong.jpg

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Tough deal for any Man to go through. Thanks Dave for helping us guys understand what's happening here and for being ok with sharing the process.

That nut may just get you a beer sign. :)

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Tough deal for any Man to go through. Thanks Dave for helping us guys understand what's happening here and for being ok with sharing the process.

Froggy will have to lop off a thumb or something then ride a mini-bike from Virginia to Cali non-stop to get one then. :D

Thanks for the updates Dave. Glad they caught things soon.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Well someone earlier in this thread said to swallow your pride. I was hesitant about saying what it was but you know what, fuck it. Hopefully this will help someone in the future to get themselves checked out if they notice something that's not right. I'm glad I didn't wait.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score

Well said OCM :thumbsup

Although he probably stands a better chance of the nut growing back than ever getting anything from RD

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
No beer sign for me. My case is nothing compared to others. Outnumbered deserves a lot more than I do. I know he's got a tough road ahead.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Well someone earlier in this thread said to swallow your pride. I was hesitant about saying what it was but you know what, fuck it. Hopefully this will help someone in the future to get themselves checked out if they notice something that's not right. I'm glad I didn't wait.

Takes guts. We appreciate you for it.

We have said a prayer for Outnumbered as well. I wish him the best and his thanks for sharing.

Alright, now be prepared for thread derailment. Bilge is ready to crash something. ;)

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Congrats on work and recovery.

Will you be assigned to one dock or multiple?
Going to be back down in LA port with oir big robot in July.

LomitaBob

Reaction score

are you guys the ones that go up and down the 110 freeway with all your lights and shit going for no reason???:skull

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Dave - I just heard about this from Rick (Phebus) yesterday.....Denise and I wish you the best and are sending good thoughts from one Barker to another....:)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

It'll just be at one terminal. On my days off I can go to the hall and pick up an extra job if I want though.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Easy there. I gave up my left nut to get this job.

And there you have it folks...............Dave Barker is back to his own smart-assed self............the prognosis is GOOD!

:thumbsup :thumbsup

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Easy there. I gave up my left nut to get this job.

Happy to hear things are getting better. :thumbsup

Has Byron given up on collecting thumbs and switched over to left nuts? :eek :D

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Djunk on behalf of all the inmates, I want to thank you for all you've gone through just to give us some new material :thumbsup

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Djunk on behalf of all the inmates, I want to thank you for all you've gone through just to give us some new material :thumbsup

I can see a future floatin turd title coming. It'll be "would you give up a djunkie for one of these chicks?" lol

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Ritchie wants to know if he can have your old nutsack to keep his dentures in

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Ritchie wants to know if he can have your old nutsack to keep his dentures in

I'm going to see the Dr. in an hour. I'll ask him about getting it back. :thumbup:

Reactions: TBI

Froggystyle

Reaction score
I can see a future floatin turd title coming. It'll be "would you give up a djunkie for one of these chicks?" lol

More like "what the hell nut would you Djunkie for these chicks?"

LowRiver2

Reaction score
are you guys the ones that go up and down the 110 freeway with all your lights and shit going for no reason???

If no reason was for the guy barricaded with his mom in Pedro that we used the robot to take his fortified door down and wait him out vs. suicide by cop, or to pick up the 4000 lbs. of fireworks in Pedro 2 weeks back in 90 degree heat that was "sweating" inside a confined trailer....Then,,, yeah that was US.....no reason? you decide:skull