WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTF!!!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Its not ok like I said, but reality. Sat school is hardly on the chopping block. You missed the whole point of the post.

Don't worry, he's forwarded the post to his attorney for interpretation.......You'll be getting you subpoena in a couple days.:skull:D

tunnel vision

Reaction score
The whole point of the post is, this kid doesn't give a fuck about rules and has no clue what no means...

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
In her area and demographic, there is zero parent involvement.
The classroom is too large and is a constant fight to keep the kids on task. When parents question, argue, then undermine the teacher's decision, it makes them less affective in the future because they have less credibility.

It doesn't sound like they want parent involvement. Unless of course you are a good little sheep and don't question authority. Questioning authority is / can be a good thing if done correctly. It also needs to be done in my opinion.

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
I think WW is the worst parent in the whole wide world and should be forced to drive his kid to detention in a 1980 Chevy Chevette!!! :fingers:

PVHCA

Reaction score
Breaking the rules is not a mistake, its a choice.

So let's just pretend here, kid's chewing gum before school, walks into class and forgets it's tucked in his lip, choice or just an innocent mistake? This isn't a serious school infraction.

Spoke to my wife about this; a 10 year elementary school teacher in the glorious Fontana Unified SD. She is happy any form a punishment was given. At her school kids get punched in the face and only lose recess. ( As a parent I might have a problem with that).

In her area and demographic, there is zero parent involvement.
The classroom is too large and is a constant fight to keep the kids on task. When parents question, argue, then undermine the teacher's decision, it makes them less affective in the future because they have less credibility.

Even though the punishment maybe doesn't fit the crime, by standing by your kids teacher might go a longer way than you think.

Are you saying that in a CA school district that there is over crowding in classrooms? I know a shit load about schools in this area, Chaffey, Fontana, Upland USD's and if in fact the violence you speak of is occurring there is a major problem, starting with teachers, security up to admin at your wife's school.

The whole point of the post is, this kid doesn't give a fuck about rules and has no clue what no means...

You passing judgement on someones kid makes you look like an asshole!!

Yellowboat

Reaction score
So let's just pretend here, kid's chewing gum before school, walks into class and forgets it's tucked in his lip, choice or just an innocent mistake? This isn't a serious school infraction.

Are you saying that in a CA school district that there is over crowding in classrooms? I know a shit load about schools in this area, Chaffey, Fontana, Upland USD's and if in fact the violence you speak of is occurring there is a major problem, staring with teachers, security up to admin at your wife's school.

You passing judgement on someones kid makes you look like an asshole!!

So something that costs a school thousand a year to clean up is not serious?

C-2

Reaction score
I think WW is the worst parent in the whole wide world and should be forced to drive his kid to detention in a 1980 Chevy Chevette!!! :fingers:

ww.jpg

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

It gives the janitors something to do at least.:rolleyes
And no I don't think it's "serious", but a problem none the less.

Now the millions the kids throw away in food because of what's been mandated as acceptable food....that's "Serious"

PVHCA

Reaction score

Never said that, just saying that a simple firm warning(if his first offense) is suffice.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I would think that if schools let the kids chew gum it would not be problem.
Gum of all the stuff schools need to think about.........Now if they catch them throwing gum on the ground ,sticking on chair etc, that's different.

PVHCA

Reaction score
It gives the janitors something to do at least.:rolleyes
And no I don't think it's "serious", but a problem none the less.

Now the millions the kids throw away in food because of what's been mandated as acceptable food....that's "Serious"

Or the money that is poured into indigent families that take advantage and abuse the system.

MILLIONS upon MILLIONS YB!!

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Or the money that is poured into indigent families that take advantage and abuse the system.

MILLIONS upon MILLIONS YB!!

When stumped in an argument....... Reach for the stars .....

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My daughter says it's a 2hr referral detention for chewing gum. Saturday detention is for serious offenses. Like cross dressing or something like that.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Ye

When I was in school and I got in trouble for breaking the rules, my pops never said, "well what was the rule, let me see if I agree?" No, I pretty much reaped what I sow with the full support of my parents. If I acted up at a friends house and was disciplined by their parents, they had full support of mine. Not, how dare you yell at, or punish my kid. I'm gonna go kick your ass. Nobody's accountable for their god damn actions....

X2...the fear if I screwed up was more so about how Dad's and Mom's were going to come down on me then what school punishment I would get.....followed the rules or made damn sure I was not going to get caught!

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
RD has a rule (possibly more?) Be nice or leave. What say ye stone throwers?

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
My daughter says it's a 2hr referral detention for chewing gum. Saturday detention is for serious offenses. Like cross dressing or something like that.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. That actually sounds pretty reasonable. And yes this school has lunch detentions. Sit in office do nothing all lunch break.

Yellow boat.... You sir are awesome. I have no doubt we will be calling your child mr./mrs. President one day. Keep up the good work:thumbsup

On a side note. My gum chewing son is in the navel sea cadets. In fact he is a petty officer 2nd class. He is the leader of his unit... Top dog!! Spent all day last sat at camp pendalton watching him do drill competitions. His team came in first place. He is very serious about this unit. He is 12 and already aiming toward life goals. Spends a lot of time studying so he can rank up. He tells me all the time he's gonna join air force and be military police. Then he wants to be a cop after. He's a very drivin kid, always has been.

Old tex.
<-------- drives a dump truck. Not rich

HM

Classic. :thumbsup:D

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem with that. That actually sounds pretty reasonable. And yes this school has lunch detentions. Sit in office do nothing all lunch break.

Yellow boat.... You sir are awesome. I have no doubt we will be calling your child mr./mrs. President one day. Keep up the good work:thumbsup

On a side note. My gum chewing son is in the navel sea cadets. In fact he is a petty officer 2nd class. He is the leader of his unit... Top dog!! Spent all day last sat at camp pendalton watching him do drill competitions. His team came in first place. He is very serious about this unit. He is 12 and already aiming toward life goals. Spends a lot of time studying so he can rank up. He tells me all the time he's gonna join air force and be military police. Then he wants to be a cop after. He's a very drivin kid, always has been.

Old tex.

HM

Thread jacking wasn't working! LOL

My oldest is in the Civil Air Patrol and wants to go into the Air Force starting with the Academy and straight into officer school. Mine just made Cadet Staff Sargent. These programs (Sea Cadets, CAP, JROTC) are really great for our kids.

The Air Force Police (OIS- Office of Investigative Services) is probably one of the best Law Enforcement jobs that exists. He won't want to be a civilian cop after that!

PVHCA

Reaction score

Old tex.

HM

That means nothing, per the few dipshits here he's a criminal that deserves no mercy!!

Yellowboat

Reaction score

Old tex.

HM

God I hope not.

Then he should know how important it is to follow the rules.

DC-88

Reaction score
It's sad how in 100 years we went from a couple whacks by the principal to Sat. school and lawyering up over routine stuff...

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It's sad how in 100 years we went from a couple whacks by the principal to Sat. school and lawyering up over routine stuff...

Yep. My 6th grade teacher had 2 oar type paddles. Slim Jim or Big Bertha. We got to pick. Slim Jim had holes in the paddle. :yikes :)

DC-88

Reaction score
Seriously the teacher should have just handled it in class

530RL

Reaction score
Saturday detention was called JUG. Did a lot of it, sometimes deserved sometimes not. But that last thing my parents were going to do is to bail me out over some clear violation of the rules. It is not like someone held the kid down and forced him to chew gum.

Their view was that even if I did not deserve it this time, I probably deserved it several other times and got away with it.

I guess my parents were bad parents, but I can live with that.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
God I hope not.

Then he should know how important it is to follow the rules.

Dude shut the fock up! Seriously, you're an idiot and a loser!!! All this over a 12 year old chewing gum. You make it seem like this is the beginning of his downward spiral into the dark side. Yeah gum this week, weed next, sex the week after, by June he'll be be in rehab and it all started by chewing gum. :rolleyes

I have a suggestion for you and all of these higher than thou teachers/administration personnel. Rather than watching kids chewing gum, using their phones for texting or some other minor bs, they need to step it up and weed all these predators (pedophiles) who interact with everyones kids on a daily basis.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Old tex.

My cut and paste wasn't aimed at you.......Was aimed in jest at WW and his attorney:skull

Your kid sounds like a great young man and I'd be proud of his hard work.:thumbsup

Sat detention for gum chewing is ridiculous.

I'm just throwing out typical RDP forum shit bombs so don't take 'em serious.:thumbsup:skull

Old Texan

Reaction score
In my day if you were caught chewing gum, the teacher mad you stick it on the end of your nose for the entire class, second offense was all week.

Worked pretty well back then, but now the school would likely get sued for embarrassing the kid. Teacher would have to get hurt feelings counseling.:rolleyes

Don't bitch the next time a kid shows no manners or screws up your order or cuts you off in traffic to gain a car length......They are how they're raised.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
My parents would have been pissed if I got a Sat. detention.
The "breaking rules" part, they would have backed the teacher.
They would guilt me about how this was a "bigger punishment" to them, because they had to break-up a Sat. to cart my ass to school and then pick me up.

Old Texan

Reaction score
My parents would have been pissed if I got a Sat. detention.
The "breaking rules" part, they would have backed the teacher.
They would guilt me about how this was a "bigger punishment" to them, because they had to break-up a Sat. to cart my ass to school and then pick me up.

"When I was a kid," most all of us had jobs and being in a rural area, lived on a farm where Sat was always a work day. Hell, farm kids would have loved to be sitting on their asse in detention. Parents informed school detention wasn't happening during work hours and they'd handle the discipline. But that was then....

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
My cut and paste wasn't aimed at you.......Was aimed in jest at WW and his attorney:skull

Your kid sounds like a great young man and I'd be proud of his hard work.:thumbsup

Sat detention for gum chewing is ridiculous.

I'm just throwing out typical RDP forum shit bombs so don't take 'em serious.:thumbsup:skull

I wasnt. And yes. He makes me very proud, all 3 of my kids do. :thumbsup

Maestro

Reaction score
Broke the rules, do the time. Gotta be more to this story.
Undermine the school your child will quickly see that if he doesn't like something he doesn't have to abide by it.
Did he know it was against school policy, yes. Sat detention albeit a little overboard, but he will follow rules better in the future. Why does it have to be negotiated.
I believe in installing discipline and you will get respect.

P.S. you could get a lawyer and negotiate for after school detention.
:)

PVHCA

Reaction score
Broke the rules, do the time. Gotta be more to this story.
Undermine the school your child will quickly see that if he doesn't like something he doesn't have to abide by it.
Did he know it was against school policy, yes. Sat detention albeit a little overboard, but he will follow rules better in the future. Why does it have to be negotiated.
I believe in installing discipline and you will get respect.

P.S. you could get a lawyer and negotiate for after school detention.
:)

Why does there have to be more to the story?

C-2

Reaction score
Hello,

My office would be more than happy to represent fellow RiverDavesPlace member Rvrluvr!

Should your son have a slip and fall while attending this Saturdays detention, then i would hope you give us a call.

Thanks,

Larry

Was kinf of counting on it!

ww.jpg

Maestro

Reaction score
Why does there have to be more to the story?

Because I was young once.
I'm sure this was his first time being told. I'm also sure that the teacher has never had to stop lecturing students their education to deal with this situation or something else.

nowski

Reaction score
It's better to run and chew gum than to walk and chew gum. The odds are if you run you won't get caught...

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Dude shut the fock up! Seriously, you're an idiot and a loser!!! All this over a 12 year old chewing gum. You make it seem like this is the beginning of his downward spiral into the dark side. Yeah gum this week, weed next, sex the week after, by June he'll be be in rehab and it all started by chewing gum. :rolleyes

I have a suggestion for you and all of these higher than thou teachers/administration personnel. Rather than watching kids chewing gum, using their phones for texting or some other minor bs, they need to step it up and weed all these predators (pedophiles) who interact with everyones kids on a daily basis.

Um have you read some of my threads latly? I am doing just that for an oylmpic sport, where a coach is activly sleeping with some one he coachs, partys with athleates and gives drugs and booze to minors.

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110560. So please don't try to lecture me on trying to keep kids safe, I am activly trying to do that and catching hell for it.

koenig

Reaction score
I'm not against detention for gum chewing. Do however find detention on Saturdays to be a little lame. Here I'm pretty sure they hold detention after school on weekdays.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Because I was young once.
I'm sure this was his first time being told. I'm also sure that the teacher has never had to stop lecturing students their education to deal with this situation or something else.

And so was I, doesn't mean there's a conspiracy theory here.