WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hand up not out....... please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Well said.. I am vouching for nobody other then myself ever.

I can say I have met him a few times and partied a few times. I know he lived large.. And I know he is in dire straights and that's pretty much it.

Nobody ever? You mean from this board, or ever?

Seems pretty broad.

Brian

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Hey NB, I can hook you up Deuce Bigalow if you want to up your man whore game. ;)

rob and greg.jpg

riverroyal

Reaction score
TOP DEFINITION
couth
ADJECTIVE:
Marked by or possessing a high degree of sophistication; refined: ?Many picnics manage without this sophistication, but we like to be couth and feel that the delicacies of gracious living enhance the chances? (John Gould).
noun:
Refinement; sophistication:1. "The man has no couth" (Los Angeles Times).

2. "Frank,did you just fart? , man you got no couth."
by zach July 28, 2004
77 28 SHOP

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Worded.
I still can't get the pic of nb flexing in front of the mirror outta my head. I'd offer him a place to stay in SoCal, but that imagine s deeply burned into my head:eek

Wow! Using the way back machine tonight, huh?

boatnam2

Reaction score
Last time i seen ole NB, he was buying a nice diamond ring for his girl at dick dangers party, cool guy! Wish i could help but been on strike at work for 2 months and even longer since i have seen a paycheck.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Like the saying goes for the rest of us.

Loan a friend some money, if you never hear from him again, it was well spent.

I remember something along these lines spoken in the movie "A Bronx Tale". Love it :thumbsup

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
You are such a Dick and the main reason l avoid this forum as much as possible. The fact that Dave allows you to continue acting like the total fucking tool that you are on his website is beyond me.

I just donated .25 cents to his gofundme account for everytime I've been thanked on here more than you....turns out to be $65 worth. :D:finger

http://www.gofundme.com/r7vmvk

C-2

Reaction score
They absolutely can. All they gotta do is sign, or know the steps. Not worried about the reprocussions or will just deal with them later.

Brian

That's pretty much true. Not too hard to do, but the title company who insures the transaction or title is the ultimate loser. They pay out the title claim then pursue the fraudsters in civil court. And we're talking about high tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars per loss.

Just tonight got another request to help unravel a mortgage fraud case involving 3 loans totaling $900K.

C-2

Reaction score
Ya know, V... This kind of shit you either do or you don't. This is a deal between you and the OP. Not Dave, You and the OP.

I believe it's a good thing to put others before yourself from time to time regardless of what the outcome will be or where the funds ultimately end up. You or Dave's integrity isn't in question here, it's the person receiving the funds that holds that responsibility and we don't always get to see the outcome.

I don't know NB. I don't know the other side of the story. I really don't care either. You do these things because you want to help, not because you want to manage his finances.

Fundamentally I think most people are honest, at least I hope so. Do as your heart says and I believe that it all washes out in the end. [emoji106]

Yes, that is a great post and not only are most people fundamentally honest - they are also willing to help.

Incidentally, that is also the greatest weakness in computer/information security these days. We can secure equipment, but can't change human nature. :(

Nashvillebound

Reaction score
I was thankful for the thought....but rereading the post I agree..... as much as I am thankful for ANYTHING right now I don't want sarcastic money. this is seriously humiliating.... I just don't know what else to do. Im reaching out everywhere....for work, friends....etc. Its a crazy picture.....

Nashvillebound

Reaction score
I just talked to Paypal.... since she logged in on my laptop they cant help me. It just gets better and better. Looks like a final police report is in order today...... I was hoping to work this out privately but Im getting shut down at every turn.....
Note to self don't keep passwords in a safe your other half has access too..... Here I was worried about a stranger stealing my funds and identity.....hmmmmph.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I was thankful for the thought....but rereading the post I agree..... as much as I am thankful for ANYTHING right now I don't want sarcastic money. this is seriously humiliating.... I just don't know what else to do. Im reaching out everywhere....for work, friends....etc. Its a crazy picture.....

Was all your money clean money or dirty money?

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
I just talked to Paypal.... since she logged in on my laptop they cant help me. It just gets better and better. Looks like a final police report is in order today...... I was hoping to work this out privately but Im getting shut down at every turn.....
Note to self don't keep passwords in a safe your other half has access too..... Here I was worried about a stranger stealing my funds and identity.....hmmmmph.

So has she collected the paypal funds people have recently sent you?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Im unsure what you are asking. I run a very legit business..... ummm....ran a very legit business.

That's what I was asking. Your posts lead me to believe it was not exactly legal what you were doing?

Nashvillebound

Reaction score
That's what I was asking. Your posts lead me to believe it was not exactly legal what you were doing?
Without full disclosure it might sound fishy but I assure you it was not. If you call I would be happy to put it all out there..... be prepared for a 10 minute call :) or more.... you'll be shaking your head....and surely have questions.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
You are such a Dick and the main reason l avoid this forum as much as possible. The fact that Dave allows you to continue acting like the total fucking tool that you are on his website is beyond me.

That was BarryMac, rush chairman, and he was DAMN glad to meet you..... :D

C-2

Reaction score
Going forward, the password problem can be easily solved with using a password manager and TrueCrypt. You create an encrypted container on your computer and put the password file in there. Nobody, and I mean nobody will be able to access them.

On PayPal - that whole deal could have been avoided by using 2-factor authentication which is super easy to use. In fact, you shpould be using 2-factor authentication wherever possible (PayPal, Gmail, banking). In this instance, the ex had the password - but would still have need NB's phone to receive a one-time passcode sent to the phone, which is then combined with the password to allow access into the account. If the person or ex is unable to receive the one-time code, the password is useless.

When we were raising money for Outnumbered, I didn't have much to give. So what I did was - for anybody I helped, I asked them to send whatever they could afford to Outnumbered.

I can do the same here, and I can even write up a nice tutorial on using TrueCrypt and RoboForm to protect your passwords on your laptop, or phone. If there are a few takers for a donation to NB, then I will write it up.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I have said it before. C-2 is THE man.

You have helped me many times and you are always the goto guy.

Never let me down once finding rocks hidden under rocks.

Brian

When we were raising money for Outnumbered, I didn't have much to give. So what I did was - for anybody I helped, I asked them to send whatever they could afford to Outnumbered.

I can do the same here, and I can even write up a nice tutorial on using TrueCrypt and RoboForm to protect your passwords on your laptop, or phone. If there are a few takers for a donation to NB, then I will write it up.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
One thing really bugs me here...if you don't believe or trust NB just read it and move on don't help out...if you do and feel like donating then do it...why people find it necessary to say over and over and over again this seems fishy is beyond me...good luck NB.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
One thing really bugs me here...if you don't believe or trust NB just read it and move on don't help out...if you do and feel like donating then do it...why people find it necessary to say over and over and over again this seems fishy is beyond me...good luck NB.

I agree.

Consider the source....

Hammer

Reaction score

There is an ignore feature BMac. Just saying.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Lol.. Slowhacker references.... For anyone that is confussed... I ended up kicking that "rescue" mission off. I was the one that went over to meet him initially and diagnosed his truck issues. It took off immediately after that and everyone on here began jumping in donating items, money, offering work, etc.... ANYTIME I was asked I told people to pump the brakes a bit... but the train was already rolling and the power of this place had kicked in. Long story short... Slowhacker's storyline was a bit different than this one, but ultimately HIS decissions in life landed him where he was at the time, just like in the this case. Whether you decided to help him out then, or help Nashvillebound out now, OWN your desicion and stop himin and hawin about should-uh would-uh could-uh's....:grumble:

Nashvillebound: I horrible when it comes to internet, paypal, etc.. type payment deals. If I can figure it out I'll shoot you some lunch money. Can't offer big help, but I'm sure anything right now would be good. I'll pm you when it's done.

Nashvillebound

Reaction score
Go fund me charges almost 10% (5% for them and 3% + $10, roughly to transfer) to deal with donations. Holysmokes..... Im not complaining.... ok...I am a little bit....but only at them....
Thanks to EVERYONE who has written, called, donated....etc. Ya'll are giving me hope that I can get through this.....:thumbup:

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score

I agree! Shit or get of the pot. There's no need to linger around with negativity. :thumbsup

I never know what the guy/gal holding a sign at the freeway exit is going to do with the money I give them and I don't care. I gave it to that person, so it now belongs to them. My heart and mind was in the right place when I gave it to him and that's all that matters.

Will you get burned? Maybe. Are some people dishonest? Sure....But if you go through life as a pessimist or highly cynical, you'll rarely get to experience the joy of just helping people.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
I agree! Shit or get of the pot. There's no need to linger around with negativity. :thumbsup

I never know what the guy/gal holding a sign at the freeway exit is going to do with the money I give them and I don't care. I gave it to that person, so it now belongs to them. My heart and mind was in the right place when I gave it to him and that's all that matters.

Will you get burned? Maybe. Are some people dishonest? Sure....But if you go through life as a pessimist or highly cynical, you'll rarely get to experience the joy of just helping people.
To me there is a difference between a hand up and a hand out. Those fuckers on the street corner only want a hand out. They don't even have the decency anymore to lie to me and write "will work for food" on their signs. I enjoy helping people that want to better their situation, not perpetuate it.

But to each their own, if someone wants to help, they should. If they are in question, they have the right to ask before they give. If they are afraid to get burned, then they should keep quiet and keep their wallet closed.

[emoji4]

milkmoney

Reaction score
To me there is a difference between a hand up and a hand out. Those fuckers on the street corner only want a hand out. They don't even have the decency anymore to lie to me and write "will work for food" on their signs. I enjoy helping people that want to better their situation, not perpetuate it.

But to each their own, if someone wants to help, they should. If they are in question, they have the right to ask before they give. If they are afraid to get burned, then they should keep quiet and keep their wallet closed.

[emoji4]

Could you help me out with some cash. ?

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score

[emoji4]

Could you imagine what it must feel like to be that down and out? I talked to a homeless girl at a liquor store in Newport Beach once. She was telling me her story and that she had made her 1st sign earlier that day. I really thought about how it must feel to be so desperate for money, to have to find a piece of cardboard, something to write with then actually make that sign. Whether you have the right intentions or your view on life and the responsibilities for it are distorted doesn't matter. That has got to be a terrible feeling just to make the sign, now you have to go hold it up and try to keep a friendly smile on your face.

When I see someone on an off ramp, I think this in my head when rolling down the window with money and sometimes a water bottle in hand:

"I am currently well dressed, in a car, in air conditioning and have the resources to live. I have a few really great friends and a very supportive and loving family that I could turn to before having to resort to what this guy is doing. I'm lucky! Regardless of who this person is, what their troubles are or what their intentions are- I know that I have enough for me and have enough to go around. I'm not a millionaire (yet), but I'm not holding a sign on the street like this person either. If I was that person, I would be great full to have a helping hand. Maybe he'll go buy a beer with the money- well ya know what?... If I had to stand on a corner and beg for the means to live, I'd probably need a fucking beer at the end of the day too! This money is a gift. There are no strings attached. I want this person to have what I clearly have enough of and I wish the best for them."

It's not a hand up, hand out or hand down. It's a GIFT from one human being to another.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Could you imagine what it must feel like to be that down and out? I talked to a homeless girl at a liquor store in Newport Beach once. She was telling me her story and that she had made her 1st sign earlier that day. I really thought about how it must feel to be so desperate for money, to have to find a piece of cardboard, something to write with then actually make that sign. Whether you have the right intentions or your view on life and the responsibilities for it are distorted doesn't matter. That has got to be a terrible feeling just to make the sign, now you have to go hold it up and try to keep a friendly smile on your face.

When I see someone on an off ramp, I think this in my head when rolling down the window with money and sometimes a water bottle in hand:

"I am currently well dressed, in a car, in air conditioning and have the resources to live. I have a few really great friends and a very supportive and loving family that I could turn to before having to resort to what this guy is doing. I'm lucky! Regardless of who this person is, what their troubles are or what their intentions are- I know that I have enough for me and have enough to go around. I'm not a millionaire (yet), but I'm not holding a sign on the street like this person either. If I was that person, I would be great full to have a helping hand. Maybe he'll go buy a beer with the money- well ya know what?... If I had to stand on a corner and beg for the means to live, I'd probably need a fucking beer at the end of the day too! This money is a gift. There are no strings attached. I want this person to have what I clearly have enough of and I wish the best for them."

It's not a hand up, hand out or hand down. It's a GIFT from one human being to another.
I get what you are saying. I guess I'm just a little more selective who I give my hard earned money to.

dribble

Reaction score
I banned Grads last night. He always does good for awhile, and then...

RD

I guess it wasn't a matter of if but when. I read his posts on this and thought dude you are on such thin ice. Sad, I kinda like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.