WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

50' Garage Home in Havasu for under 190k?

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Peter Schiff predicted the dotcom bubble, the subprime bubble and he's spot on in regards to the government bubble.

[video=youtube;MPOa2bCo6Mk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPOa2bCo6Mk[/video]

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I agree. All the modifications can't have been good

Or the fact that FHA has been the most popular tool over the past 6 - 7 years. The tax payers are going to pay hard once these loans can't be repaid.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It's 20' wide for the first 23' and ~11' wide for the rest of the 50' with 8' tall doors on both sides.

Thanks was hard for me to tell. Looked like a double door in front single in back. Now I'm curious how wide my trailer is [emoji4]

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Nice pad! I should buy it and move to Havasu.:hmm

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
I think the maximum is somewhere around 108" but many are 96" (8').

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I think the maximum is somewhere around 108" but many are 96" (8').

I guess w the pull thru it can be narrow and u just pull through. Not trying to back it up w inches to spare would be great. [emoji106]🏽

El Rojo

Reaction score
Peter Schiff predicted the dotcom bubble, the subprime bubble and he's spot on in regards to the government bubble.

[video=youtube;MPOa2bCo6Mk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPOa2bCo6Mk[/video]

He was dead wrong about gold...

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
He was dead wrong about gold...

I don't think so. We haven't seen it played out yet. Be patient.

All throughout history when a currency fails, the people resort to precious medals. The crash of the dollar is on the horizon.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don't think so. We haven't seen it played out yet. Be patient.

All throughout history when a currency fails, the people resort to precious medals. The crash of the dollar is on the horizon.

I thought I remember recently reading the dollar isn't worth much right now. Could be wrong though things are a little fuzzy [emoji58]

530RL

Reaction score
So what if it goes down some time in the future. We're all gonna be dead in the future.

That house is probably way below replacement costs, and seems like a great deal for someone who wants to spend a bunch of time in Havasu.

In addition, given where financing costs are today, a 30 year mortgage in the 4% range may end up being a pretty savvy move. The first mortgage I had on my first house was 11.5%.

With respect to the dollar V, it is at an all time high over the last 11 years against its' biggest currency rivals so if Eddie is right and the dollar is gonna take a dive, it won't really matter anyway because we will be in a worldwide depression.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/dollar-surges-to-11-year-against-biggest-rivals-1420221525

So if you want it and can afford it, buy it and enjoy the house. :thumbup:

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Still gives a little space to try and wipe it down

This is almost identical to my boat garage. I back in driveway and wipe it down then pull all the way in. No problem at all. My garage faces east so the suns always down by the time I get back.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Looks like a great deal. Do you have a floor plan you can put up.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My parents like the house, dad was checking it out. 20k to put s wall around the whole place and you're in havasu for just over 200k

Paul65k

Reaction score
Looks like a great deal. Do you have a floor plan you can put up.

Sorry No floorplan but it is a nice split floor plan with the Master on the Garage side of the house and the other 2 bedrooms/Bath on the other. There is room for RV parking on BOTH sides of the house and definitely room for a pool in the back:thumbup:

Is it a gas stove or electric?
House is all electric

4101 Colville 033.jpg

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Why do you think that? As in what are you basing it on?

I disagree. I think that it's going to be a lot worse than it was in 2008, because never had a real recovery. The government just took on more debt and lowered rates to zero. The economy hasn't improved, wages haven't gone up, jobs are still scarce and a lot of Americans are still living on credit. Our country is deeper in debt and so are most Americans. There's a ton of college graduates out there paying on student loans and working as waiters.

The reason RE prices went up in 2013 was because you had huge hedge funds like Invitation homes and several others (bankers own these by the way... go figure :rolleyes) buy up all the default mortgages, evict the owners and rent them out. These hedge funds plan to dump in 5-7 years from when they started buying, so keep all that inventory hitting the market in mind. With less distressed inventory and low rates, prices went up in 2013. That's not a recovery, that's a scheme.

They just started trickling them out. I'm seeing REO's come back a bit too. A buddy that was doing 300/year just got 16. I know another broker in Rancho that has 10. With that said, I think the market will take a while before it crumbles, but I'm banking on 2 years before it tanks. I think the lenders will continue to make it easier to get loans to keep the market moving.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
I'm taking Dave by for a tour this afternoon. If anyone would like to come along just give me a call 928-706-4200.

Singleton

Reaction score
Gut says this is sold in less than 2 weeks

Hammer

Reaction score
I'd put an offer in if it had a pool.

Singleton

Reaction score
I'd put an offer in if it had a pool.

Wife has said any Havasu house we get needs to have a pool. In 2014 Paul showed me a place on North Kiowa that had everything I needed around 250k. My wife was pissed I was looking without telling her so when Paul took us to see it, the wife was pissed. Put the brakes on a Havasu house after that trip and I got the sofa for 2 weeks.

We have since come to agreement on when we will get a vacation home in Havasu. Tried to get my mom to purchase in Havasu, but they picked Palm Springs for the winter house.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
If it had a pool and block walls it would be listed for 50k more.

Cool weekender. Chai link fence with the tan slats and a gate to drive through and the house is golden for now.

I'd do the block walls for 20k and wait on the pool. That's what we are doing in bhc. I think it's cool to be able to design the pool and yard the way you want especially since cost is going to be close to the same. I actually need to make some calls to see if we are starting the walls next week. I like the walls because it's easier with the pups a little less worry for me. Plus the front slope needed retaining walls anyways

Paul65k

Reaction score
I'd do the block walls for 20k and wait on the pool. That's what we are doing in bhc. I think it's cool to be able to design the pool and yard the way you want especially since cost is going to be close to the same. I actually need to make some calls to see if we are starting the walls next week. I like the walls because it's easier with the pups a little less worry for me. Plus the front slope needed retaining walls anyways

Block walls here from my guy would probably be no more than $15k.....possibly less.

Hammer

Reaction score
If it had a pool and block walls it would be listed for 50k more.

Cool weekender. Chai link fence with the tan slats and a gate to drive through and the house is golden for now.

Agreed on the 50k. Great house at this price. 1st of the year should have finances lined up for a place. I have no interest in building a pool and will need to store two boats.

Anyhow....

Good luck on the sell.Stacy, should go fast. [emoji106]🏻

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
They just started trickling them out. I'm seeing REO's come back a bit too. A buddy that was doing 300/year just got 16. I know another broker in Rancho that has 10. With that said, I think the market will take a while before it crumbles, but I'm banking on 2 years before it tanks. I think the lenders will continue to make it easier to get loans to keep the market moving.

Yep. A lot of those loan mods aren't working out. Many agents and lenders are freaking out over TRID (the extended escrow periods now required).

I listen to a lot of RE agents talk about how healthy the market is and say it's the perfect time to buy (isn't it always?:rolleyes). I think it's a combination of lack of knowledge and doing what you got to do to earn a commission. I get it, but it defiantly sucks for the consumer relying on these uneducated people for advice. You can't blame them, these agents will be just as surprised as most of their clients when things go south.

For the record, I don't want to piss on Stacey's thread and I apologize if it seems that way. That house is very well priced. You couldnt build that house for $200k. If someone is able and willing to make a purchase, then by all means do so. Don't put your life on hold. Do what makes you happy. :)

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Yep. A lot of those loan mods aren't working out. Many agents and lenders are freaking out over TRID (the extended escrow periods now required).

I listen to a lot of RE agents talk about how healthy the market is and say it's the perfect time to buy (isn't it always?:rolleyes). I think it's a combination of lack of knowledge and doing what you got to do to earn a commission. I get it, but it defiantly sucks for the consumer relying on these uneducated people for advice. You can't blame them, these agents will be just as surprised as most of their clients when things go south.

For the record, I don't want to piss on Stacey's thread and I apologize if it seems that way. That house is very well priced. You couldnt build that house for $200k. If someone is able and willing to make a purchase, then by all means do so. Don't put your life on hold. Do what makes you happy. :)

The time to buy came and went about 6 years ago [emoji3] it's still a decent time to buy but not like it was 6 years ago. We paid quite a bit more for or lake house than we could have but the original owner also took a huge hit. We also paid probably a 100k more for our chino home than we could have. Crazy what a couple of years does to the market.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Well they are not going to just dump them in a up market are they? Trickling them out seems to make the most sense given the current market to get the most value

Im not a RE expert, just asking the question.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Well file me under "uneducated". Because I'm looking at numbers today to try and make it happen.. Lol

By your own posts if you have sold any houses lately you are screwing your own customers? And if you have been a buyers agent the same?

At the end of the day your opinions on the market add up to opinions. For generalities I don't disagree with them. I feel a correction is coming at some point as well, but I think it's further down the road then you do (albeit not by much.. ). I also have different opinions about a smaller investment house like this, what it would be worth after the correction and what the rental income could be. You add those things in, and I think it's a money maker for at least three years.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Did you look at the house this morning ? What is your thoughts on it .

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Well file me under "uneducated". Because I'm looking at numbers today to try and make it happen.. Lol

By your own posts if you have sold any houses lately you are screwing your own customers? And if you have been a buyers agent the same?

At the end of the day your opinions on the market add up to opinions. For generalities I don't disagree with them. I feel a correction is coming at some point as well, but I think it's further down the road then you do (albeit not by much.. ). I also have different opinions about a smaller investment house like this, what it would be worth after the correction and what the rental income could be. You add those things in, and I think it's a money maker for at least three years.

I think the Havasu market is much stronger than Oc and its surrounding areas.

Things have flattened out here over the past 6 months. The only thing that is keeping it going is limited inventory.

That house at 200k will always be a good deal. You would be hard pressed to purchase a lot and build a house like that for 200k.

If I was in the position and could handle the monthly if things went bad I would buy it as a full time rental.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Things have flattened out here over the past 6 months. The only thing that is keeping it going is limited inventory.

That house at 200k will always be a good deal. You would be hard pressed to purchase a lot and build a house like that for 200k.

If I was in the position and could handle the monthly if things went bad I would buy it as a full time rental.

That's the way we looked at it once Paul talked some sense into me. No way could I buy a lot and build a house w all the custom finishes it came with. 2forcefull could have given me his lot and I still wouldn't have been able to do it. I think like dave said it will be a money maker.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

If you don't end up doing this let me know. I'm still interested at or near the asking price but am not going to get in a bidding war. It is not a screaming deal that I'm going drop everything and run out there for, but it seems like a fair deal for something somewhat unique.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did you look at the house this morning ? What is your thoughts on it .

We are going over there in about 30-45 minutes.. The timing isn't right for me but I really like the house overall and the garage. So we will have a family meeting tonight and determine what we are going to give up if I make a run at it, or not at all..

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

The OC market is still very strong especially in the Yorba Linda area. A house a couple streets over had a open house yesterday for 1.2 million. 4-5 years ago it may have been high 700K. Who knows.

Singleton

Reaction score
Good house at a good price. It will sell for 195 (fully furnished). Only negative I see is 8' tall garage doors. My truck is 8.5, so that limits drive through garage for me.

Hammer

Reaction score
Wife has said any Havasu house we get needs to have a pool. In 2014 Paul showed me a place on North Kiowa that had everything I needed around 250k. My wife was pissed I was looking without telling her so when Paul took us to see it, the wife was pissed. Put the brakes on a Havasu house after that trip and I got the sofa for 2 weeks.

We have since come to agreement on when we will get a vacation home in Havasu. Tried to get my mom to purchase in Havasu, but they picked Palm Springs for the winter house.

The smart choice (her choice)would be to get into a bigger house. I look at 5-600k for a house that suits MY needs and get depressed lol. Then I look at houses in Havasu and try to get her into the idea of staying in the condo (owned btw) and buying a nice spread in Havasu. For 1/4 of the price and a
288 Howard deck to go with it.

She's all for in for all of 3 minutes then says we can buy the Havasu place after we upgrade our primary residence. Lol

Can't afford to do both. [emoji107]🏻

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just went and looked at it.. It's freakin nice.. Stacy and I talked about it all the way home. We have to restructure some of our shit and get more out of debt..

I think we can swing it and am totally fine living on the edge.. Lol. My wife not so much.

I am going to keep my focus on getting a CNC machine for right now, and as the wife settles into her RE career and income increases we will get 100% out of debt and be in a better position then.

Hugh Jascaulk

Reaction score
Just went and looked at it.. It's freakin nice..

Thanks Dave,

Back when I had this house built in 95, no one had block walls or fences, no one worried about crime back then[emoji23]

I probably only used the house maybe 30 days a year. Did Glamis Oct- Mar., and weekends in the summer. Never rented out.

A few years ago, wife thought the interior was too dated, all the decor was that 90's Indian look, green and pink, so made the wife happy, gutted the interior and redid everything, flooring, cabinets, countertops, carpet, paint and furniture. Has top of the line surround sound speakers in the ceiling that will shake the house.

Going to miss Havasu, but luckily all my buddies have houses if I get the urge to visit.