WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Holy Flu Balls!!! That was some next level sickness.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There is a flu going around, and while I'd make it a standard practice to do your best to avoid it.. With this particular flu going around I'm going to tell you if anybody you know says they have it, had it, etc.. Sterilize anything they touched, and if they left anything at your house freakin burn it.

I think everybody has had the flu at one point in there life. You throw up a lot, you got the flu skin, the squirts de la hershey etc.. This was nothing like that. I can't even remember, but I think it was last wednesday (maybe thursday?) I had to run down to take some pics for Adrenaline. By the time I drove from my house the 3 miles to take the pics of the trailer, I was feeling pretty blah. By the time I took the three pictures I needed I was already breaking into sweats. The customer asked me if I wanted to go to the Launch Ramp with them, and I told him I didn't think I could. By the time I got home as the Aussies would say I was "proper fucked."

Now I want to be clear, I never threw up, hell I never even had toilet problems.. What I did have was crazy fevers, and sweats that you couldn't get if you were in a sauna.. Oh, and I forgot to mention an unbelievable amount of pain. Not just the achy pain / sick type shit. I'm talking it felt like something was attacking my joints, bones, muscles.. I could literally feel it moving around in my body. At some points walking was barely an option and slow deliberate movements like a 90 year old was the only option.

Friday I felt a little better being out in the sunshine and blood moving, and tried the age old "We'll finish this thing off with alcohol." (Don't laugh it has historically worked pretty well for me). Had some beers at the boat show, felt pretty normal, figured I'd wake up the next morning ready to conquer the world type shit. Everyone decided to go to Shoguns for dinner. By the time the cook showed up and started on the rice, I was already upside down and feeling like I was going to pass out. I can't even remember how I got home, but I think I took an uber or something. That night, and the subsequent days are about the sickest I have ever been in my whole life. No shit..

I've often wondered how sick someone would have to be to just "give up" and say "Fuck it I don't care if I live or die anymore." I'm not saying I was there, but I will say I completely understand how people get to that point now. I had a video completely edited on my phone and all I had to do was type in the title.. Literally just type in a title in text, and it took every ounce of concentration I had, and I still screwed up it, and that little effort, I basically broke into crazy sweats and passed out again for hours. Monumental tasks like going to get more water seemed like I was climbing Everest.

Freezing cold.. So fucking cold, for four days straight. At the boat show on Saturday I went and slept in my truck with the windows up and that was the only time I wasn't cold for about a half an hour. It was probably 120 in the truck if I had to guess, but it felt normal to me.

Yesterday I felt better (that's a very relative term as it turns out), and I had a Doctors appointment for a general check up. I have Dr. Sodiqi (spelling?) here in Havasu, he's probably the best the town has. (really smart guy / super nice etc.) He's a younger guy and completely in shape. I told him I had the flu, and he walked right out and came back in with a face mask. He said that awhile back he had walked into one of his exam rooms, and a person had coughed right as he had walked in. Just the presence in the air of the room he had caught this flu. In less than 72 hours he was home sick, and he had lost the use of his LEGS!! Straight up PARALYSIS for 3/4 days! Said this is the worst one he had ever seen etc... Stacy was looking kind of "shocked" by what he was saying, and I was thinking "I could totally see that.. The pain was unreal."

They say Gout is about the only thing that is comparable to child birth in terms of pain. I've had gout several times (especially when I was younger). Gout is no joke, most miserable thing I've ever had, and completely debilitating. I'd take Gout every day of the week and twice on Sunday compared to what this shit was attacking my joints etc..

Anyhow the point I'm making is, if you see someone that looks like shit, stay the F away. Go wash your hands, put on one of those little painters masks like the Asians do in the subway.. Screw it buy a body condom and wear it if you have too. You don't want this flu, I can promise you that.

Feeling like I do right now on a normal day, I'd say "I probably wouldn't go to work today" working a normal job. Feeling like I do right now coming from where I just came from, I feel like Dancing with the stars.. Granted I'd probably just hobble my ass out onto the dance floor and then pass out from lack of energy.

RD <------ feeling better

fishing fool

Reaction score
A full write up on a flu when it takes two weeks do do anything else around here.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Poor Stacy... get-well-man-flu-9031144-0-1430045930000.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You need to go to the doctor Dave. Never in my life have I ever heard of a person that gets sick as often as you do.

Glad you're feeling better. :thumbsup

Wheeler, I realize people say that, but honestly I don't get sick that often. My kids bring something home (no shit probably once a week). I managed to dodge like the last 6-7 things that came through here.

Most people don't live their lives quite as "open book" as I do, especially on a media plat form like this, so I'm sure it seems like a lot, but it isn't. Especially given the kid situation.

RD

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Glad your feeling better. You looked horrible at the Boat Show. When Dot gets home, I'm gonna light her on fire[emoji91]. [emoji16]

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Wheeler, I realize people say that, but honestly I don't get sick that often. My kids bring something home (no shit probably once a week). I managed to dodge like the last 6-7 things that came through here.

Most people don't live their lives quite as "open book" as I do, especially on a media plat form like this, so I'm sure it seems like a lot, but it isn't. Especially given the kid situation.

RD

As your kids get older they will have gone through all of the pathogens, and you will too. when your youngest get to 3rd grade is when it gets better.

Glad you're getting back to normal.

What is going around these parts, is a gastrointestinal thing. your stomach/intestines blow up like a balloon. Miserable. You're starving, but you don't dare eat anything, as food only fuels the bastard bugs causing all the discomfort. Took 6 days for it to clear. Massive probiotics, is the only thing that made it tolerable.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Speaking of that I was 233-234 last wednesday..

View attachment 552534

You need to shoot an infomercial touting the "flu method" of weight loss. It'll make bank.

I've had similar, never have I been so close to saying "tomorrow isn't worth seeing in this misery". It sucks!

outboardrick

Reaction score
Dave, I walked past your booth Saturday morning and said hi to you. You were sitting in a chair and looked like total crap :(

E4L

Reaction score
So should I burn my rd clothes that are coming

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
A guy I work with got it last Monday night and was out all week. Just got back to work Monday. He said it was horrible.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Kids schools are epidemics.
They pick it up there, and bring it home, and then YOU get it.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Kids schools are epidemics.
They pick it up there, and bring it home, and then YOU get it.

So... wear a condom?

(dont let my wife see this)

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I feel for you. Iv had food poisoning the the only way i culd describe it was trying to shit your colon for six hours. Seriously had me reviewing my financial situation as i knew i was dying.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Yea on Sat you looked like a bag of smashed assholes. Glad you kicked it and I'm glad I stayed clear.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
My Dad growing up was always sick , coughing etc , he was a heavy smoker , finally quit , hardly ever got sick again .

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Dave I had the same flu then turned into a massive sinus infection. When the flu started I was freezing balls and I did the same as you and went to my truck when it was 90 out and ran the heater full blast. Crazy pain as well in my legs and arms. I said the same thing to myself this is a bad one. I am just now getting over it and it's been two weeks.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I really do believe in the 'children bring home' pathogens theory. We don't have kids and we are never sick. Come September, when kids are back in school, my co-workers all come down with something :thumbsdown

rvrrun

Reaction score
I really do believe in the 'children bring home' pathogens theory. We don't have kids and we are never sick. Come September, when kids are back in school, my co-workers all come down with something :thumbsdown

I'll come over and pass on what they gave me. Then you can feel included in this mess.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
FLU SHOT.................

The flu shot works against very specific strains of the influenza virus.
And there are many, many strains, and like all viruses, it evolves into new strains.

The problem is, the CDC/WHO provides vaccines against the three or four strains that they feel will be prevalent...and their guesses of the recent past have not been all that accurate for the strains people actually got.

A flu shot will protect you against specific strains, not every single strain that's found in the wild.

If you get the flu from a flu shot, you got a different strain.

Or you have literally no immune system.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave,
Congrats on the weight loss even though the means to the end could not have been fun.
Perhaps a pedicure may help to further lift your spirits.
HD:)

I should go get one.. lol. I deserve it after surviving this bullshit

traquer

Reaction score
Buy some multi vitamin/minerals. Replemish your body it's probably runnin on fumes

MOUZER

Reaction score

MY WIFE IS A TEACHER FOR HANDICAPPED CHILDREN..SHE GET SICK EVERY MONTH WITH A COLD THIS YEAR 5 COLDS AND THE FLU THAT NOCKED THE CRAP OUT OF HER.. SHE IS AGAINST THE FLU SHOT TILL NOW SHE SAID SHE IS GONNA GET ONE FOR SURE IN SEPT...I GET 1 EVERY YEAR NEVER HAD THE FLU SINCE MAYBE 10 YRS AGO THE YEAR I SKIPPED THE SHOT...I ALMOST DIED WITH THAT FLU..:rolleyes:rolleyes

Spudsbud

Reaction score
eat more veggies. and try to avoid salt. really difficult btw.....

milkmoney

Reaction score
In 49 years , I have never had the flu shot and can count on one hand how many times I have been sick. I will never get the flu shot ....! I avoid sticking man made chemicals into my body. It takes an act of congress for me to take a Advil/ aspirin

I believe a body needs to build its own immune system.

Yes I understand all people are different.

[emoji202][emoji481]

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Good thing you post the warning after shaking all those hands from the show, good looking out :p

Reactions: E4L

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Rapping on wood here ....have enjoyed good health for most of my life and have missed less days of work in 25+ years than I can count on my hands however I had something similar to what you (RD) described that flat sent me home and into bed for an afternoon and evening , Hershey squirts no.. but felt like I had been hit by a truck and was totally exhausted and.... I think It was simply "some shit going around" coupled with maybe my resistance being down Glad your feeling better !

buck35

Reaction score
They say Gout is about the only thing that is comparable to child birth in terms of pain. I've had gout several times (especially when I was younger). Gout is no joke, most miserable I've ever had, and completely debilitating. I'd take Gout every day of the week and twice on Sunday compared to what this shit was attacking my joints etc..

RD <------ feeling better

You've never had kidney stones I guess.:eek
had a large one one many years ago that went from being a small side pain to having me curled in the fetal position in the er in less than an hour, I didn't realize pain could even get that intense.

Singleton

Reaction score
You've never had kidney stones I guess.:eek
had a large one one many years ago that went from being a small side pain to having me curled in the fetal position in the er in less than an hour, I didn't realize pain could even get that intense.

Worst pain ever!
Used to get at least 1 a year for a period of ten years. Some resorted in ultrasonic shock treatment to break them up so they would clear. Last one was too big for that treatment and I had surgery to go get it out and fix the pipes to correct a J hook that caused small stones to get huge. After surgery, I changed my diet and now drink a gallon of water a day. I have been stone free for 5 years now.

buck35

Reaction score
Worst pain ever!
Used to get at least 1 a year for a period of ten years. Some resorted in ultrasonic shock treatment to break them up so they would clear. Last one was too big for that treatment and I had surgery to go get it out and fix the pipes to correct a J hook that caused small stones to get huge. After surgery, I changed my diet and now drink a gallon of water a day. I have been stone free for 5 years now.

I was in my mid twenties living on beer and pizza working in a sweat factory... well thats a bad combination I learned, lol.
at the time in the eighties, they used a d8 to drive up my dick and and drop the rippers to pull the stone back out. About the only thing that hurt as bad was trying to piss for the next several days while banging my head against the wall because it was so painful.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My brother had it Last week. Worked right through it. Lasted maybe 3 days

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
As far as worst pain ever... let me school you guys. I have crohns. Had to have a surgery on my asshole. They can't stitch that. But they can pack you w 6' of gauze. When that has to come out THAT is the worst pain ever. De said maybe even worse than child birth. I spent two weeks in a hospital bed and couldn't eat or shit.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Bentonite Clay! If you even think you're coming down with anything flu-ish, a table spoon in a cup of water, repeat maybe 2 more times within a couple hours. No shit
My wife is real into holistic natural stuff, some of which I can find no rhyme or reason why it would work but the bentonite does. Apparently she had it on hand for such occasion, my oldest said last week his body just started hurting and his stomach felt bad. She whipped up this stuff, I asked wth are mixing now? Bentonite. Ok, makes sense, I feed it to the cows to bind toxins and parasites (you get afflotoxin in feeds like cotton seed, and won't know till it's too late usually) Anyway 2 cups of essentially mud I guess, the boy is sound as a pound two hours later. From moaning on the couch to outside playing ball with his brother. (Which reinforced the reviews she made read on amazon- after I told her I could just bring a bucket full to the house from the commodity barn)

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

RD

That's good to hear Dave. Now if you can quit those cigarettes you'll be golden. :thumbsup:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My brother had it Last week. Worked right through it. Lasted maybe 3 days

Dude I'm past it, and I'm still fucked up enough that walking much past the end of my driveway would likely make me break out in sweats and back in bed.

That's good to hear Dave. Now if you can quit those cigarettes you'll be golden. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Actually in a weird kind of side effect of all this.. LOL

I should tell you a little story. When I was a kid, like all little kids, I loved candy bars. Every now and again my mom would buy me one at the grocery store, and it was like I had died and gone to heaven. One time there was this candy bar that I had never tried before. It was in a blue and white wrapper, and it said "mounds" on it. My mom bought it for me and I was so excited. I was so excited, I'll never forget I took this big ole bite and my excitement turned to absolute horror.. The taste, the texture, it's fucking awful.. This white stringy crap inside, who the fuck would like this thing?

That was the first time I had ever experienced "Coconut."

Over the years there's been a few other choice experiences with coconut.. Mainly coconut shrimp, which as far as I'm concerned they can find who ever decided that was a good idea and shoot them.

Anyhow my aversion to coconut is borderline indescribable. I'd say it's right up there with fish.

Wheeler, if I ended up on a tropical island somehow with a couple of guys, I'd kill them and eat them before I ate the fish.. (no shit, wouldn't even feel guilty about it, and from the instant I hit the beach their clock would be ticking) Anyhow down in mexico if the coconut was fresh, and I mean like hacked open within the last 60 seconds or so, I had coconut water once that didn't make me want to vommit, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. The shit they sell in the store though? Oh my god.. That stuff tastes indescribably bad. I mean I don't know what plant seamen would taste like, but if you had to assign it a flavor?? It'd be that blue cardboard box coconut water shit they sell. It's fucking gross..

Well I have been dehydrated a few times in my life, and unfortunately once you get really dehydrated once or twice you are more prone to it than you would be normally. I was sweating so much that I knew it was a matter of time before I was gonna end up in the hospital again so I had to do whatever I could to not get to that point. Some of the best ways to hydrate is watermelon (YEAH!), and of course coconut water (BOOH..). Well I ate all the watermelon, and I was still pissing a lovely shade of burnt orange, and I was feeling worse and worse. Finally I had Stacy bring me so coconut water and a straw and I downed that whole 32 oz thing. and another and another.. It made me feel just a smidgen better, and that was enough for me to say screw it and just go into my "safe place" and drink the shit out of the stuff. When I say I drank a lot, I mean a lot.. Probably 8 good sized containers of that stuff in a day or two.

I hate it so much that I literally just had to close my eyes and pretend it was anything other than the tropical turtle cum it tasted like.. In all that I somehow fried my taste buds. Now if I take a drag off a cigarette, when I exhale the after taste, tastes like a fucking coconut, and it makes me want to puke every time.. LOL So I'm not smoking much if anything right now. I've gotten three cigarettes out in the last 2 days, took a drag.. ended up gagging from this horrible coconut taste and throwing it in the ashray. '

I may have finally discovered the way to quit smoking.

RD

HST4ME

Reaction score
I've had it the other way for three days. Had to move my engine stand, tool box and mail box into the bathroom :grumble: