WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bees

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Just mowed the lawn and enjoying a beverage in the back yard...took a sip, felt something that didn't have quite the texture I'd expect from rum & Coke...spit...nice bee sting to the upper lip.

Fucker

If y'all see me drinking outta the kid's sippy cup...now you know why

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
2 deaths here in Southern AZ last week from bee attacks.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Adult sippy cup...
21851243a6d21e235e778c9f4f83c8b7.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
That happened to me at the river...three bees stung my lips before I could spit them out.

Luckily Im not allergic, cause we were miles from any help.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Many chemical plants and refineries now have safety directives that do not allow drink containers which are not clear plastic/glass because of bees entering cans and bottles.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Many chemical plants and refineries now have safety directives that do not allow drink containers which are not clear plastic/glass because of bees entering cans and bottles.
Well that and it's hard to hide what you are drinking in a clear container... [emoji52]

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Going back to 1968 and the Cravens family had just built their dream home on the lake. Harry had a rather large front yard and elected to the yard himself instead of hiring myself or others to do so. He was almost finished mowing (push mower) when he ran over a yellow jackets nest...got stung 3 times and died within 5 minutes. I remember it well as I was one of the first people there. He had no idea that he was allergic to bee stings. They we're close friends of ours and after my Moms death in 1972 my father started dating Mrs Cravens and they married about a year later. Both daughters had to carry an antivenoum with them all the time.

MOUZER

Reaction score
been there........at elsinore was drinking a dr pepper sat it down next to my chair reached back down took a swig yellow jacket to the upper lip......hurt like a bitch..

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Pfft... bee sting. :rolleyes :rolleyes

Have a wasp sting you twice in the vijay and then come tell me about your widdle bee sting :grumble: :eek Yes.

:yikes

Are we allowed to comment or inquire without being banned or infracted? :)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
True story. Right in the honey pot. Twice.

We were flying down river in the boat and it hit me in the chest. Not knowing it was a wasp, I just swept it away, but it went right in my lap...

Honey pot.

Noted.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
For fuck sake Brian, u run ur letters together and now u changed the font,
Font is right, right ? [emoji202]

Italics Milfy, Italics. Sheesh.

"<Cont> I" makes it happen.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
For fuck sake Brian, u run ur letters together and now u changed the font,
Font is right, right ? [emoji202]

Hush Milfy, we are focused on something else right now. Dontderailthis, fucker.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Going back to 1968 and the Cravens family had just built their dream home on the lake. Harry had a rather large front yard and elected to the yard himself instead of hiring myself or others to do so. He was almost finished mowing (push mower) when he ran over a yellow jackets nest...got stung 3 times and died within 5 minutes. I remember it well as I was one of the first people there. He had no idea that he was allergic to bee stings. They we're close friends of ours and after my Moms death in 1972 my father started dating Mrs Cravens and they married about a year later. Both daughters had to carry an antivenoum with them all the time.

Allergies are a reaction to a previously exposed allergen. So you can get stung once and be fine, the next time it's eppy pen time.

underpressure

Reaction score
Pfft... bee sting. :rolleyes :rolleyes

Have a wasp sting you twice in the vijay and then come tell me about your widdle bee sting :grumble: :eek Yes.

Ok, I know the guys are all thinking this...pics or it didn't happen!:D

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Just mowed the lawn and enjoying a beverage in the back yard...took a sip, felt something that didn't have quite the texture I'd expect from rum & Coke...spit...nice bee sting to the upper lip.

Fucker

If y'all see me drinking outta the kid's sippy cup...now you know why

"Alcohol may have been a factor in this accident"

Just sayin.....

rrrr

Reaction score
Allergies are a reaction to a previously exposed allergen. So you can get stung once and be fine, the next time it's eppy pen time.

I was two when I received my first bee sting. My mom said I almost died in the ER. Eighteen years later I came out of a 7-11, got in my truck, and felt a burning on the back of my thigh. I brushed my hand across it, thought I had dropped my cigarette cherry.

I came up with a tiny little wasp, he had obviously stung me. I thought a second or two and decided to head for an ER. It took less than ten minutes to get there.

When I walked into the ER I mumbled "bee sting" as I fell to the floor. I remember nurses running and yelling like a scene from a lousy TV show. I came to on a bed surrounded by the medical staff. The next day my face and extremities were swollen like I'd been beat up.

About ten years later I got stung by a bee. After a minute had passed there had been no reaction. I waited a few more minutes...nothing. The sting area got a little red and hurt, but there was no indication of anaphylactic shock.

I guess I'm not allergic anymore, which seems strange but I've read it happens.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
:yikes

Crazy read

I was two when I received my first bee sting. My mom said I almost died in the ER. Eighteen years later I came out of a 7-11, got in my truck, and felt a burning on the back of my thigh. I brushed my hand across it, thought I had dropped my cigarette cherry.

I came up with a tiny little wasp, he had obviously stung me. I thought a second or two and decided to head for an ER. It took less than ten minutes to get there.

When I walked into the ER I mumbled "bee sting" as I fell to the floor. I remember nurses running and yelling like a scene from a lousy TV show. I came to on a bed surrounded by the medical staff. The next day my face and extremities were swollen like I'd been beat up.

About ten years later I got stung by a bee. After a minute had passed there had been no reaction. I waited a few more minutes...nothing. The sting area got a little red and hurt, but there was no indication of anaphylactic shock.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
True story. Right in the honey pot. Twice.

We were flying down river in the boat and it hit me in the chest. Not knowing it was a wasp, I just swept it away, but it went right in my lap...

:eek:eek:eek:thumbsdown

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
worst sting....I reached over a fence and on the other side...Yellow Jackets! stung twice under my right bicep...so painful and infected for weeks! little bastards:thumbsdown

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Dang, I couldn't imagine being stung in the lip, I feel bad for you man. Being stung in the private parts would probably be worse, but only your spouse would know. I'm not allergic to stings, and am fortunate for that. I was once stung driving down a back road in Elk Grove CA, just cruising along at 70 MPH with the windows down in my truck and I heard what sounded like a rock hit the windshield then a jolting pain in the right side of my neck. I didn't know what had happened but the pain in my neck was getting worse. I looked in the rear view mirror and the ass end of a bee was hanging off my neck still pumping shit in to me. The bee came in through the passengers side window, hit the back window of the single cab truck and ricocheted ass first in to my neck.

A couple of years ago I got tired of a bunch of low growing tree type bushes in the front yard and started hacking away with a cordless sawzall. I worked at it for 5 hours, the bushes tore up my arms. It was getting dark and I went in for a couple more cuts near the main stalk. It shook the shit out of the ground and after a couple of minutes the cuts and cuts and bruises started getting much more painfull, very quickly. I pulled by my arms out of this bush and they were covered with bees. They had a nest in the loose soil next to to the plant I was hacking out and the shaking of the roots drove them out, under what was remaining of the canopy of this bush. I don't know how many times I was stung but both my arms were swollen for a couple of days.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score

People do go out of allergies, or grow into allergies. I used to be allergic to macadamia nuts. Now its not a problem.