WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So,...what was the general consensus of pirates cove bar....

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Who the fuck do you think you are, just another nutswinger... I said, do the math, you know, use a calculator, in other words, it doesn't take a calculator to determine that its hard to make money with a 20 day income window, can your understand that? Obviously not, Im assuming you cash a check every week, with no knowledge of what it takes to run a business? Just a guess..

Wrong again. I am in sales now and have been with my company for over 25 years so I know what it takes to run a company from the field to the office. We work with REAL numbers at my company that started in 1969. Not bogus #'s sitting around the launch ramp. :rolleyes:

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Its a math thing, like I said, and maybe someone could offer some different math, the place is busy one day a week, Saturday, Sundays its dead. and Fridays gets some business, so that in mind the busy season is approx 4 or 5 months. that makes 16 to 20days to make hay, any farmers out there? You gonna feed many cows with 16 days of hay?

Not negative, just doing the math, Ive said it before, if this place takes 80% of Topocks business, (you know the place everyone loved to go to,) you would have 80% of what, how is Topock been money wise the last couple years? (any rumors its for sale again?)

We get into this argument at he park every week end (Moabi), and after everyone hits the equal key, they come to the same numbers....

Again, dont wish it, but reality is reality....

I have a math theory you may not have considered, Maybe, just maybe the guys that put that joint together cashed the project out (no financing/no crazy nut to cover) I dont know shit from shinola about the financial situation there but Lets apply some logic here. What financial institution in there right mind would finance something like that in the middle of no where? How were they able to complete construction at the pace they did using borrowed money? (possible buy not likely) When deep pockets are involved anything is possible and reality gets thrown out the window real quick like.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
OH wait a minute, someone just reminded me, its a union thing aint it? Keep a hard on for a while don't ya!!:champagne::party2::party2:

HA HA HA!!

Yes...The company I work for is a union company for the last 40 years. Not sure what this has to do with Pirates Cove.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I have a math theory you may not have considered, Maybe, just maybe the guys that put that joint together cashed the project out (no financing/no crazy nut to cover) I dont know shit from shinola about the financial situation there but Lets apply some logic here. What financial institution in there right mind would finance something like that in the middle of no where? How were they able to complete construction at the pace they did using borrowed money? (possible buy not likely) When deep pockets are involved anything is possible and reality gets thrown out the window real quick like.

Thank you Dillion. You just saved me a lot of typeing. :D

whiteworks

Reaction score
Now on the other hand. If by some slight chance in hell they were able to procure financing for this deal, I'd say they might be proper fucked.

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score

There are a few ways to finance a project, and I think one here would be private investors, I think this is one of a couple projects the guy has done.

But taking the financing out of the equation, you still have to make money to make bills, rent excluded, the lights dont come on by themselves, the personnel like to get paid etc.

Again, you chose to ask this in a civil manor, and like I said, I dont wish bad on anyone, (not even a pipe fitter!!) but its just simple, can anyone dispute the logic of the math? How many days does this place have to make money?

WW seems to be a little open minded, so I ask, do you come up with any other numbers? Look at this with an open mind, not with a hard on shoved up your ass like some others, you know the big bad keyboard tough guys!!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Now on the other hand. If by some slight chance in hell they were able to procure financing for this deal, I'd say they might be proper fucked.

Could be...But how many people that have made a lot of $$$$ had to take a big risk. How does the bars down in Parker and up and down the river survive for all of these years. They are kinda in the same situation.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
There are a few ways to finance a project, and I think one here would be private investors, I think this is one of a couple projects the guy has done.

But taking the financing out of the equation, you still have to make money to make bills, rent excluded, the lights dont come on by themselves, the personnel like to get paid etc.

Again, you chose to ask this in a civil manor, and like I said, I dont wish bad on anyone, (not even a pipe fitter!!) but its just simple, can anyone dispute the logic of the math? How many days does this place have to make money?

WW seems to be a little open minded, so I ask, do you come up with any other numbers? Look at this with an open mind, not with a hard on shoved up your ass like some others, you know the big bad keyboard tough guys!![/QUOTE]

BBD...If your talking about me. I'm live in Yorba Linda and work in La Habra. If you want to discuss this on a face to face level to get thru this. B-fast or lunch is on me. ;)

whiteworks

Reaction score
I'll tell you what I know about the restraunt business (You can get the long version over beers sometime if you would like) I was involved in a startup restraunt/bar/music venue. The place was 30,000 square feet and no expense was spaired (deep pockets/no financing) There is a 1% success rate on independent startup restraunts. (we were part of the other 99%) during the course of 9 months we had one packed weekend and pulled in $60K the rest of the time is was a ghost town. Hell I had a private party one night, Just my friends (about 200 people) and we did $15K in booze - 21% cost. There is money to be made and fast when things are groovin.

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I know about the restraunt business (You can get the long version over beers sometime if you would like) I was involved in a startup restraunt/bar/music venue. The place was 30,000 square feet and no expense was spaired (deep pockets/no financing) There is a 1% success rate on independent startup restraunts. (we were part of the other 99%) during the course of 9 months we had one packed weekend and pulled in $60K the rest of the time is was a ghost town. Hell I had a private party one night, Just my friends (about 200 people) and we did $15K in booze - 21% cost. There is money to be made and fast when things are groovin.

So in your opinion, does this place stand a chance?

Again Im a grown up, I learn all the time when I ask questions, and Im man enough to man up when Im wrong......

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score

WW seems to be a little open minded, so I ask, do you come up with any other numbers? Look at this with an open mind, not with a hard on shoved up your ass like some others, you know the big bad keyboard tough guys!![/QUOTE]

BBD...If your talking about me. I'm live in Yorba Linda and work in La Habra. If you want to discuss this on a face to face level to get thru this. B-fast or lunch is on me. ;)

Not if your gonna kick my ass!!

Im a pussy in reality.....:D:D

whiteworks

Reaction score
. How does the bars down in Parker and up and down the river survive for all of these years. They are kinda in the same situation.

Not really, obviously you have never seen Bildo and Lynch get after it on any given weekend:). On a serious note some places most likely are paid for and can scrape by in lean times and others turn over every few years to someone that comes into some money and dreams of owning a bar on the river. Its a tough gig any way you slice it up.

whiteworks

Reaction score
So in your opinion, does this place stand a chance?

Again Im a grown up, I learn all the time when I ask questions, and Im man enough to man up when Im wrong......

I think they offer an authentic experiance to a niche market. If they are cool with the money already layed out and dont mind floating it through the lean times (winter) they have a better than average chance. It's a class act joint has the potential to be a serious cash cow in the long run.

bruddah

Reaction score
been there twice now and this last weekend was by far the best service ive had... granted it was a monday but there was still quite a bit of traffic flow and the food was good and the beers were cold! will go back many times, not to mention the float through the gorge at sunset was epic:D

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score

The Pirate Cove Resort was built by Art Tate, one of the Tate bros of Tate Investment properties in Hemet California. The Tate's also developed the Laughlin Ranch in Bullhead City as well as The Refuge in Havasu. I think you may have hit the proverbial nail on the head as to "financing" the project. There's also another guy from Hemet that just ( in the past 3 years) bought & TOTALY revamped an old "trailer park" on the river in the same general area, the guy's name is Chip and he owns several "trailer parks" in Hemet & Murietta, as well as a big trailer sales operation. He moved out all the junkers from the needles park, brought in all "new" trailers & built I don't know how many storage units, re-did the launch ramp and just opened a small store on the property. I'm just guessing, BUT, from what I know of the Tate's they can most likely run the Pirate Cove deal for however long it takes and NOT have to worry about "The slow season"

Mrs Lovin Summer

Summer Summer Summer!!!
Reaction score
Chip is an Awesome person. The Palms River Resort in Needles is a beautiful place with the greatest peeps.

The new store was such a good idea:champagne:

PVHCA

Reaction score
The Pirate Cove Resort was built by Art Tate, one of the Tate bros of Tate Investment properties in Hemet California. The Tate's also developed the Laughlin Ranch in Bullhead City as well as The Refuge in Havasu. I think you may have hit the proverbial nail on the head as to "financing" the project. There's also another guy from Hemet that just ( in the past 3 years) bought & TOTALY revamped an old "trailer park" on the river in the same general area, the guy's name is Chip and he owns several "trailer parks" in Hemet & Murietta, as well as a big trailer sales operation. He moved out all the junkers from the needles park, brought in all "new" trailers & built I don't know how many storage units, re-did the launch ramp and just opened a small store on the property. I'm just guessing, BUT, from what I know of the Tate's they can most likely run the Pirate Cove deal for however long it takes and NOT have to worry about "The slow season"

Chip owns the park that I'm in, I was there before he bought it and he has done an awesome job to say the least. All the additions that have been done are incredible.

As far as the Pirates Cove goes, not sure what BBD agenda is if he has one, but I'm sure these guys did their homework before pursuing this operation. From what I know they have plenty of $$$ so riding out the slower times shouldn't be too difficult. As far as Topock goes the rumor is the owner is gonna build a hotel soon, just a rumor though.

OC Cheetah

Reaction score
Denny, I'll tell you I had some reservations about the Pirates Cove thing after reading some of the negatives on PB.. I chaulked it up to people on the internet would bitch about anything kinda deal.

We went up there on saturday, and I will tell you what. If I didn't have a place in Parker, buying one of those Cabanas would be my #1 priority in life right now. That whole place was as 1st class as 1st class gets. The food was excellent, the staff was excellent, the owners were cool as all get out. More to the point though, usually buildings / structures on the river all have a kind of "rickety" 1/2 ass feel to them. Nothing about this place was cheap at all. If I was going to open a bar on the water, I would hope that it would be as cool as that one. They really went all out on it.. It's a hell of a trek from Parker, but I plan on spending as much time up there as I can!

Absolutely mind blowing to me that they built that 1st class place out in the middle of nowhere. I'll tell you, I think that they are sitting on the next "big thing" on the river, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see more development up there because of it. I'd give it a 10 out of 10.

RD

I Could not agree more with RD. Fantastic top notch place.