WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trident Revolution Hull at LBYS. Stripped...

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Pot stirrer! LOL:D

Thanks. I do what I can. :)

Also thanks for the classy post. :cool:

This doesn't seem like a great time for the re-emergence of the Revolution. If it was, Wes would be re-tooling his business.

I look forward to the day the industry is more healthy. People like you will do well as you've been strengthened in the crucible of this blood bath of a market and people like Wes are positioned to enter the industry with some pretty interesting products.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

This doesn't seem like a great time for the re-emergence of the Revolution. If it was, Wes would be re-tooling his business.

I look forward to the day the industry is more healthy. People like you will do well as you've been strengthened in the crucible of this blood bath of a market and people like Wes are positioned to enter the industry with some pretty interesting products.

So what your saying is Carrera Boats is making those? :D

RLJ676

Reaction score

Talk about class! Nice avatar haha:D

So what exactly constitutes IP violation on a hull? I would assume the angles and proportions to within a certain percentage?

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Thank you for clearing that up, Carrera Boats. :)

I look forward to seeing the installation of the helm and hearing about your plans to make the transom angle more suitable to an I/O.
:D

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Good stuff in here...

Attachments

• normal_Popcorn.jpg
    normal_Popcorn.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 325

Ultracrazy

Reaction score
Lot's of panties getting bunched up in here.

What's up with the Mods? The guy was being respectful and all and he gets the stink eye from the Mods?

And gezz froggy......you feel better now?

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Lot's of panties getting bunched up in here.

What's up with the Mods? The guy was being respectful and all and he gets the stink eye from the Mods?

And gezz froggy......you feel better now?

It's like high school. If your in the cool crowd you can say and do anything. :rolleyes::grumble::slomo::thumbsup:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I must not know the secret handshake then because my panties aren't in a wad? Riding a bit high bit certainly not in a wad... Lol

RD

riverroyal

Reaction score
Funny, general why I post much less here these days. Some threads seem to me like a bad soap opera which generally occur during mid morning/afternoon. How ironic...

Fortunately, working at Cheetah for a while I have developed relatively thick skin to ignorant people or dumb posts. Others obviously have not.

For those who are unaware, Fiber Composites is reputable glass shop out of Hemet who builds for many top manufactures, including Carrera. The only involvement we have is sub contracting out our glass work to them.

As far as sniffing around, If I want information I will "sniff" for myself. Us being brought into this was a joke (as admitted by the post author) I'll spell it out for you. It's not a secret we have licensed the use of the Carrera molds, Aftershock molds and purchased many others including Cole, Omegas, Canyons, Southwind and a few others. We are currently always looking, they know it, we know it, thats where the poke at us came in. Again it was a joke toward us. I laughed because we have no interest in that boat.

We wish Wes well and hope to see him back in the industry soon, its a sad state of affairs for all of us, so again we look forward to seeing him return.

So.... we will bow out of this thread hopefully without to much flack and soon post our build which should start at the end of this week.

Questions, PM Kevin or call my cell (951) 219-5016

I read about 50% of it,skim the rest. And remember 0% the next day

newmexico

Reaction score
I Read this whole thread!!! We are all too bored if we have time to read about a boat that is in bad shape, stripped to hell, and worried about someone copying it. I am to blame too, cant believe a junked up boat brought so much attention!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Funny, general why I post much less here these days. Some threads seem to me like a bad soap opera which generally occur during mid morning/afternoon. How ironic...

Fortunately, working at Cheetah for a while I have developed relatively thick skin to ignorant people or dumb posts. Others obviously have not.

For those who are unaware, Fiber Composites is reputable glass shop out of Hemet who builds for many top manufactures, including Carrera. The only involvement we have is sub contracting out our glass work to them.

As far as sniffing around, If I want information I will "sniff" for myself. Us being brought into this was a joke (as admitted by the post author) I'll spell it out for you. It's not a secret we have licensed the use of the Carrera molds, Aftershock molds and purchased many others including Cole, Omegas, Canyons, Southwind and a few others. We are currently always looking, they know it, we know it, thats where the poke at us came in. Again it was a joke toward us. I laughed because we have no interest in that boat.

We wish Wes well and hope to see him back in the industry soon, its a sad state of affairs for all of us, so again we look forward to seeing him return.

So.... we will bow out of this thread hopefully without to much flack and soon post our build which should start at the end of this week.

Questions, PM Kevin or call my cell (951) 219-5016

So you had no involvment in the thread? I would be pretty upset if one of my vendors drug me into something that I had not invovlment in that would reflect negatively on my company. :thumbsdown

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So who's trying to put who's panties in a wad now? LOL

I don't think anyone is upset.. Wes, Carrera, or Fiber composites.. So why stir up?

RD

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
I'm gonna move this over to the wake boat section, seems a little......slow.... over there :D

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
So who's trying to put who's panties in a wad now? LOL

I don't think anyone is upset.. Wes, Carrera, or Fiber composites.. So why stir up?

RD

I go commando so no wads here.:D

Just replying to a boating topic on a post I found interesting. Isnt that part of a discussion?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I'm gonna move this over to the wake boat section, seems a little......slow.... over there :D

Who you calling slow......some of the rollbar boats do well into the 40's...thats faster than 90% of the jets out there (unless they are being sold on E-bay).

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Who you calling slow......some of the rollbar boats do well into the 40's...thats faster than 90% of the jets out there (unless they are being sold on E-bay).
Ebay jet boats RULE
action-smiley-035.gif

:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I go commando so no wads here.:D

Just replying to a boating topic on a post I found interesting. Isnt that part of a discussion?

Depends on the reply.. LOL

For example I'm repying to your reply right now, and I could say look forward to seeing you at the river Billdo..

Or I could say, you're a pole smoker..

Neither one are on topic, both could be considered a "reply" one is done to create drama, and the other isn't.

Neither of which are on topic, much like the "Well if one of my vendors" post.. LOL

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on the reply.. LOL

For example I'm repying to your reply right now, and I could say look forward to seeing you at the river Billdo..

Or I could say, you're a pole smoker..

Neither one are on topic, both could be considered a "reply" one is done to create drama, and the other isn't.

Neither of which are on topic, much like the "Well if one of my vendors" post.. LOL

RD

Put the BL Lime down. ;) If you dont want on topic posts made....just say so...or delete the thread or lock it and put it in gray water (oops wrong board). Board nazi :skull

rivergames

Reaction score
I don't see any problems with this situation.

When Carrera picks the boat up and creates their own version of the hull and makes mass amounts of budget boats for everyone to buy, it helps their business grow...Hell if I had the money, I'd order one up...

Reaction score
So you had no involvment in the thread? I would be pretty upset if one of my vendors drug me into something that I had not invovlment in that would reflect negatively on my company. :thumbsdown

I asked if the hull was available and wes turned it to a splashy I'm gonna get you thread. So I decided to screw with him. The truth is if the boat was so beautiful and ran bitchen there would be someone who would find a way to use some of its it good qualities in their boat or this bare hull possible "plug" wouldn't be sitting there collecting dust in a parking lot. Or maybe someone would rush to pay a royalty and use the mold.

Oh ya I for got the H in Mechico
ESE

Reaction score
and I still didn't get the answer to my question will I be able to use that angle if Trident used it in their boat. Or is that IP also.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I asked if the hull was available and wes turned it to a splashy I'm gonna get you thread. So I decided to screw with him. The truth is if the boat was so beautiful and ran bitchen there would be someone who would find a way to use some of its it good qualities in their boat or this bare hull possible "plug" wouldn't be sitting there collecting dust in a parking lot. Or maybe someone would rush to pay a royalty and use the mold.

ESE

Well at least you're good for controversy.. LOL

The hull was the fastest deck out there (arguably one of the fastest boats out there in general) HP to HP.. I rode in one I/O one, but it was on a smooth day and we weren't in any hurry so I couldn't say how it performed outside of that scope. The #'s Wes was putting up though were incredible.. 107 with a 710 ilmore? That's insane.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
and I still didn't get the answer to my question will I be able to use that angle if Trident used it in their boat. Or is that IP also.

It isn't an angle, it's a reverse hydro design dealio.. 2 points up front, and a pad in the back.. So you can use whatever angle you want, i just don't think you can use that design as it's patented?

RD

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score

ESE

At the risk of pointing out the obvious....you are kind of acting like an :bang:

BadBlown572

A/B Team Liaison
Reaction score
FiberComposites definitely is one of the good guys in the industry. :) I think he is just on here to have some fun. Not in here to make any enemies. I am not going to disclose who FiberComposites is, but he is still building boats and is staying afloat in these hard times. If I ever have any questions about Lamination or Gel Coat, I often call him and look for his expertise. He definitely knows his stuff. :thumbsup

Oh and FiberComposites.... Fuck off. :D

newmexico

Reaction score

ESE

I kind of agree. Percentage wise, how many DCB's or Howards for that matter do you see laying around as bad as this boat is? If it was that good, a good person would have taken possesion of it before it got this bad.

Reaction score
At the risk of pointing out the obvious....you are kind of acting like an :bang:

Don't mean to sound like that I said I was goofing, and I think its funny that wes would take so serious. And I wouldn't do something with a friends name without their permision or knowledge.

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
FiberComposites definitely is one of the good guys in the industry. :) I think he is just on here to have some fun. Not in here to make any enemies. I am not going to disclose who FiberComposites is, but he is still building boats and is staying afloat in these hard times. If I ever have any questions about Lamination or Gel Coat, I often call him and look for his expertise. He definitely knows his stuff. :thumbsup

Oh and FiberComposites.... Fuck off. :D

Please forward his GPS coordinates to Wes please. I imagine a 50 foot radius would suffice:D

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

Does this include a well set up Jet ? :D