WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2012 Mohave County Notice Of Value?

sdpm

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone here that owns a home in Mohave County has already received this notice. Ours shows that our Havasu Home went up in value along with the assessed value. Did yours do the same? The nitice says you can appeal it. Has anyone here done that?

Riverbottom

Reaction score
My cabin in Mohave county went down this year. :D

My property in La Paz county went up like usual.:grumble:

charlyox

Reaction score
I am in Ft. Mohave and it went down.

BigDeck

Reaction score
Are the county tax guys suggesting prices are going up? I have been casually looking for a modest place for a while and I haven't seen an increase in my opinion.

Do you guys that are there full or most of the time think prices are moving up?

richp5

Reaction score
My Bullhead City home dropped another $30K. That's over $160K since I bought in 2007. I'm so upside down it'll take at least 10 years before I'm close to even.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Prices aren't going up, but the "valuation" might.

Valuation starts out quite a bit lower than cash "value". AZ law says that, absent any improvements, the valuation can only go up so many percentage points a year.

So if the property "value" goes way up, like it did before 2008, the "valuation" won't go up as much. But the "valuation" can keep rising until it matches the "value".

If the "valuation" is lower than what the house would sell for, there's nothing to appeal.

It's only when the "valuation" is higher than what it would sell for, or higher than similar "comps", that the valuation can be successfully appealed.

citylife

Reaction score
Well if your house is nice it will go if under $100,000 but nothing is moving and the Canadians are stealing these properties. I for one,:eek: am appealing cause I don't see prices going up anytime soon. I have already lost $160,000

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Mine went up 6% this year. the valuation is still more than double what i paid for it. I might see if I can get it lowered I don't think I could get that if i tried.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Last appraisal on my place was $245,000, 3 years ago. Since then it's probably dropped to around $175,000. Does that mean I lost $70,000? Not hardly. I only paid $40,000 in 1988, and dumped about another $40,000 into remodel, addition and upgrades. I figure I'm $95,000 ahead.

The assessor has it valued at $148,000 this year and it's increased about 3-5% each year. But it's still below what I could sell it for.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
The sun is down so RD's drinkin'.........you're safe until he sobers up, Bobo on the other hand, ain't drinkin...........

Guess I should post that I am pissed about this, have already appealed and sent off letters to senators and supervisor Johnson, will it do any good, who knows but I feel much better!!!!!!!!!
NSF

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score
Hmm, mine seems about right for the current value, but I bought about two years ago. If it's way off you guys might have a good reason to fight it.