Lake Piru water level

TBulger

Reaction score
Would like to test a boat, anyone know the water level. Thanks Tom

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score

If the boat is not yet in ur possession id go down to Elsinore for the speed zone.

if u have it with you id prob go to pyramid instead of piru right now. Its prob the same drive time wise cause its more direct. Just a thought.

hallett21

Reaction score
Assuming your in the Ventura county area. I would just go to pyramid. 35mph speed limit but right now I doubt the sheriffs are out patrolling but they do come out 30mins prior to lake closure to chase everyone off the lake.

tony

Reaction score
When do you think your taking her out Tom? Would love to take some pictures of her in the water..

tony

Reaction score
I just want to see this bad boy start up and make some noise!!

tony

Reaction score
I been with Lee at castaic in outdrive 1 24 going in the upper 80s with the old pro charged 572 with no prob?

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
All those lakes are 35mph..

Its been a few yrs since ive been on piru but it never had a speed limit. Castaic has the gestapo at the ramp and on the water. Pyramid u have the best chance of being out of sight out of mind on the back side of the finger that separates the main body from the channel that feeds the launch. Ull have better luck on pyramid gettin some good passes for that area imo.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Piru speed limit hasn't ever really been enforced. Castaic has been since the HTM incident 1-11-01

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Even Pyramid ?

Pyramid technically has a speed limit....I don't even remember ever hardly seeing the popo out on the water...I never had a problem out there. Always seemed unpatrolled to me.

hallett21

Reaction score
Skied it (pyramid) with some buddies in December and the only time the sherif boat came out was to kick us off the lake because it was closing time

Like others have said pyramid is a little more low key and you can kind of stay out of sight. Castaic is a closer drive but I've never been on either lake with a boat that had a chance of being too loud.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Its been a few yrs since ive been on piru but it never had a speed limit. Castaic has the gestapo at the ramp and on the water. Pyramid u have the best chance of being out of sight out of mind on the back side of the finger that separates the main body from the channel that feeds the launch. Ull have better luck on pyramid gettin some good passes for that area imo.

Lieu absolutely has a speed limit.. I watched whipped565 get kicked off that lake. :D

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
<---- been yelled at for going to fast at Piru. Not booted though.

Hammer

Reaction score
Pyramid technically has a speed limit....I don't even remember ever hardly seeing the popo out on the water...I never had a problem out there. Always seemed unpatrolled to me.

Same here.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I imagine all of our lakes will be low because we havent had any rain

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
35 MPH limit for one. I'd wager they'd mess with him just because of the decibel level starting it up at the ramp .
I haven't heard of very many people being hassled for noise, everything else yes. Personally I have never had one issue at Castaic. keep the beers low and don't be an ass. shouldn't have any issues.

I been with Lee at castaic in outdrive 1 24 going in the upper 80s with the old pro charged 572 with no prob?
I don't know when this was but in the last few years cameras have been installed in Elizabeth Canyon and other areas. I believe they can now just sit in lifeguard building by the west ramp and watch in comfort.

Groper

Reaction score
Even Pyramid ?

Yes, I found that the best area to haul the mail is on the west side of the Island by the Dam. There is a Ranger Post on the east side of the Lake by the HWY where a Ranger might see you, but I have never been bothered by the Park Ranger. Just don't do WOT laps around the Lake and you'll be ok.
I went by Pyramid a few weeks ago and it appeared that the water level was up, I saw one boat on the Lake. :D