Current Bid: $405
Backorder By: Dec. 18, 2010 8:00 PM
Type: Pre-Release
Your Bid: $0
Bid History: 28 bids

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Davidson, Darrin 2068 McCulloch BLVD Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403 US Domain Name: HOTBOAT.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact : Davidson, Darrin [email protected] 2068 McCulloch BLVD Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403 US Phone: 928.855.4560 Record expires on 13-Nov-2010 Record created on 16-Apr-2008 Database last updated on 25-Nov-2010

If someone really wanted it, you'd be better off just calling this guy. He has 90days to re-register the name. He could just give/sell it directly to you.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe ***** can buy it then link it to RDSUX.com and that will link it to RC :D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Davidson, Darrin 2068 McCulloch BLVD Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403 US Domain Name: HOTBOAT.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact : Davidson, Darrin [email protected] 2068 McCulloch BLVD Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403 US Phone: 928.855.4560 Record expires on 13-Nov-2010 Record created on 16-Apr-2008 Database last updated on 25-Nov-2010

If someone really wanted it, you'd be better off just calling this guy. He has 90days to re-register the name. He could just give/sell it directly to you.

Darrin Davidson is the brother of Chris Davidson who owns Performance Boats. I'm not sure if Darrin is still alive. He was pretty sick from what I heard. :(

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Darrin Davidson is the brother of Chris Davidson who owns Performance Boats. I'm not sure if Darrin is still alive. He was pretty sick from what I heard. :(

That blows. :(

I would deal directly with network solutions then if you cant get ahold of anyone directly.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I already placed a call to see what it would take to get this done.

They are going to call me back in 2 days.

I have a # in my head.. If it's past that #, then oh well. If it's less than I might do it.

RD

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score

I may be off base, but I think the site would have been listed as an asset (income from advertising sales)when Hot boat filed BK. In that case it would be auctioned off by a company assigned by the trustee. I would think the only way to get it would be through a bid process. Again I may be wrong but that is my understanding of how it would work.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I already placed a call to see what it would take to get this done.

They are going to call me back in 2 days.

I have a # in my head.. If it's past that #, then oh well. If it's less than I might do it.

RD

Good luck Dave!

Just a thought, but...

Might wanna make sure that name is not trademarked or something like that? Would suck to get it, then find out you couldnt use it.

The auction thing makes sense too, but why wouldnt network solutions do it? :headscratch:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Good luck Dave!

Just a thought, but...

Might wanna make sure that name is not trademarked or something like that? Would suck to get it, then find out you couldnt use it.

The auction thing makes sense too, but why wouldnt network solutions do it? :headscratch:

I'm going to talk to them about that when they get back to me with a price.

RD

C-2

Reaction score
Namejet is Network Solutions.

This post drove the price up for sure.

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Good point.. It'll be taken care of

RD

:thumbsup

You know, what would be funny is instead of replacing with ****, you can make it insert something else....like...Wimpy Kiddy Baby Whiners or ?? :D

C-2

Reaction score
Hey, wasn't the original site hotboat.net :thumbsup

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
So who else is bidding on it, it has to be someone from here? I've been bidding on it since November 15th and when I was outbid today I decided to go to the forums with it.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
So who else is bidding on it, it has to be someone from here? I've been bidding on it since November 15th and when I was outbid today I decided to go to the forums with it.

Jah-ordy ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
Wish you FOCKERS would back off, I had it for a low low price before some
dickwad started bidding on it mid Nov.:swear

:joke:D:D

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
Wish you FOCKERS would back off, I had it for a low low price before some
dickwad started bidding on it mid Nov.:swear

:joke:D:D

Too funny! I knew I was bidding against someone from the boards.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I'm curious as to what everyone elses plans are for this domain?

Is anyone actually planning on trying to revive that domain as a boating forum / boating website?

I know some people want to buy it just for the irony / novelty of the situation.. ;) At some point though what's that worth (less than a grand I'd expect)

It's worth about 1500 to me as a potential threat to what my website.. but no more then that.

I think if someone did revive it their would be an initial spike in #'s, but content is what keeps people coming back.. and that's a lot of work (something I have been neglecting lately point in fact)..

I'm not sure what it's worth to Chris Davidson, but with that large of an investment to protect, probably at least 3 - 5K just to shelf the fuckin thing and make sure it stays dead..

RD

Reaction score

Is anyone actually planning on trying to revive that domain as a boating forum / boating website?

RD

An adult website would make more since, then a boating website.

It already had a ton of adult traffic in south western USA.:eek:

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score

RD

I plan to sell lots of magazine subscriptions then bone out with the cash and not deliver the goods, I hear its been done before, sounds profitable :skull

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I plan to sell lots of magazine subscriptions then bone out with the cash and not deliver the goods, I hear its been done before, sounds profitable :skull

The stories I've heard are a lot worse then that..

RD

IN AWE

I'm surounded by assholes
Reaction score
This picture was taken around 1979-80. This was the Hotboat at the time. Might have even been Hotboat. I think it was called "Hot Boat and Engine". The van door is open so can't see the whole name. Anybody know for sure? I do remember one of the photographers that worked for them at the time.

13.jpg

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
This picture was taken around 1979-80. This was the Hotboat at the time. Might have even been Hotboat. I think it was called "Hot Boat and Engine". The van door is open so can't see the whole name. Anybody know for sure? I do remember one of the photographers that worked for them at the time.

View attachment 132627

HMMMMM;)

Attachments

• big bird.jpg
    big bird.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 341

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I know some people want to buy it just for the irony / novelty of the situation.. ;) At some point though what's that worth (less than a grand I'd expect)

It's worth about 1500 to me as a potential threat to what my website.. but no more then that.

I think if someone did revive it their would be an initial spike in #'s, but content is what keeps people coming back.. and that's a lot of work (something I have been neglecting lately point in fact)..

I'm not sure what it's worth to Chris Davidson, but with that large of an investment to protect, probably at least 3 - 5K just to shelf the fuckin thing and make sure it stays dead..

RD

It would be a LOT cheaper just to pay the $35 bucks a year and keep it registered to him if he wanted it to stay dead.

Once a name expires, you have 90 days to re-register it. Then, it usually sits in limbo for another 6mos to a year, before it comes up for grabs.

Who ever has the password for this domain registration, must be running this auction, to get a few bucks for it.

I would guess will go for a LOT more than 1500. I would think someone like Eliminator, DCB, ect, ect... would pay big time for that name, just to have it point to their sites.

Jus my 2cents. Not like anyone cares. :D

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
It would be a LOT cheaper just to pay the $35 bucks a year and keep it registered to him if he wanted it to stay dead.

Once a name expires, you have 90 days to re-register it. Then, it usually sits in limbo for another 6mos to a year, before it comes up for grabs.

Who ever has the password for this domain registration, must be running this auction, to get a few bucks for it.

I would guess will go for a LOT more than 1500. I would think someone like Eliminator, DCB, ect, ect... would pay big time for that name, just to have it point to their sites.

This is not true. You can go to http://www.namejet.com/Pages/FAQ.aspx to see how it really works.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This is not true. You can go to http://www.namejet.com/Pages/FAQ.aspx to see how it really works.

I was jus reading that! :p

Seems that it's been totally abandoned after reading all that, doncha think?

What is a domain Backorder? NameJet is a service that allows its users to register expired and deleted domain names. Every day, thousands of domains expire and become available for purchase through the NameJet auction service. Backordering a domain allows you to register expired domains with the registrar of record after the applicable registrar grace period has passed (Pre-Release), or the minute it becomes available after being deleted by the registry (Pending Delete). If the domain name is not currently listed, you can still enter it as a Wishlist Backorder and we will change that Backorder automatically when it comes up on our site.

How does the NameJet bidding process work? Customers must submit a Backorder request and commit to paying at least their Backorder bid amount (this is NOT a proxy bid). If the backorder request was a Wishlist Backorder (a name that was not listed on our website as Pending Delete or Pre-Release) and comes up on our site as either a Pre-Release or a Pending Delete Backorder, you will need to verify that your initial bid meets the listed Minimum Backorder bid amount. If you are the only bidder (and the name is acquired in the case of Pending Delete), you get the domain for the Backorder bid amount you submitted during the Backorder request. If two or more customers backordered the same domain, a private auction is held where only the previous bidders will be allowed to bid, where the highest Backorder amount is the leading bidder or earliest bidder if tied. Once the auction has started, participants will be able to bid with "Proxy Bids" which allows the system to automatically place bids on your behalf up to your desired Max Bid amount. If a bid is submitted any time during the final five minutes, the auction is extended an additional 5 minutes from the time that bid is accepted. The auction will continue to be extended in 5 minute increments until no further bids are received. The auction will close after 5 minutes have lapsed without any new bids.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

It wasn't registered to Chris D. It was registered to his Brother Darrin. They are estranged last I heard and by the way we past the # it was worth to me this morning.. :D

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
It wasn't registered to Chris D. It was registered to his Brother Darrin. They are estranged last I heard and by the way we past the # it was worth to me this morning.. :D

RD

$4??

The problem is even though you buy the domain...you couldnt use the HB logo and the other things as the domain is just a domain there are still copyright issues witht he rest fo the stuff. Just ask Wes, he will set you straight ;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
$4??

The problem is even though you buy the domain...you couldnt use the HB logo and the other things as the domain is just a domain there are still copyright issues witht he rest fo the stuff. Just ask Wes, he will set you straight ;)

I was going to point the domain here, so the trademark logos etc.. are irrelevant.

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I was going to point the domain here, so the trademark logos etc.. are irrelevant.

RD

Gotcha.

btw.. I always though infractions were a joke. :D How many infractions till I am "permanently" banned? :p