WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So, who all voted FOR the tobbacco tax ?

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
:hmm I mean come on now,........did you REALLY think it was gonna go to help all "the po lil children" of California ? WRONG.....................for those of you not old enough to have voted in 1998 here's what it was all about.
Fat ass Rob Reiner ( AKA meathead ) drafted this as a "child friendly" proposistion to launch himself & his "buddies" into the Calif. governors mansion. SUPPOSEDLY it was gonna go to help "the states neediest children" to a better life LMAO 8x Turns out it was REALLY what I thought and KNEW it was gonna be, a CROCK OF BULLSHIT :swear perpetrated by the collective stupidity of the average voting public, ( IMO these would be a lot the same ones that voted hussein obamma into office ) voting to increase taxes on ANYTHING that did not have a direct affect on their own lives.

Turns out that there is now 2 1/2 BILLION dollars "left over" sitting in a account in Sacramento that nobody can figure out how to spend to save all "the 'po lil childrens" in California. Here's what SOME of the money went for:

San Diego County got "grants" to make available BELLY DANCING classes for pregnant women :eek: GIVE ME A PHUKIN BREAK !!!

Santa Clara County got "grants" to do a "study" to get a Buddhist perspective on buliding a "spritual foundation" for young children :eek:
are you shitting me ?

San Francisco County used their share of the "grant money" to send "po lil childrens" on field trips to the Monterey bay aquarium & the jelly belly factory ?? W T F ? :swear

Keep in mind that this was SUPPOSED to be a "dedicated" fund for prenatal thru pre school " 'po lil chidrens" fund. Not quite sure how much a child ranging in age from prenatal to pre school would comprehend WTF a "buddhist perspective" is/would be, but evidently the kids are really smart in Santa Clara county :confused:

Rob Reiner, BTW, ultimately HAD to resign after him & his "advisory" committee tried to pay some pr firm $676,000 for an impact study or some such BS deal on how to "spend" all this money :hmm you know, " administrative" cost CAN be rather high :rolleyes:

Anyways, just thought you should know :D And PLEASE, when the next barrage of ballot initiatives comes up in the name of " all the 'po lil childrens" of California think BEFORE you vote :rolleyes: It COULD be YOUR beer, wine, ding dongs, whatever :skull

And yes, I do smoke, and I buy my smokes at the indian smokeshop in Earp, $20 a carton :thumbsup

wUTwZAT

Reaction score
I don't really care as long as I don't have to pick the tobacco or have to smell someones cigarettes! You can give me some of the cash for when I did have to breath in some second hand smoke. About $1,000,000.00 is cool :swear :skull

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I hope your not just now figuring out the Cali ballot proposition process is fucking corrupt? ;)

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I didn't vote for the tax as I am a firm believer that unless you are the one being taxed, you shouldn't get to vote about it. For example, I don't think people who rent should be able to vote for a property tax increase.

However, I drive by some sort of school that was paid for with the money. It's called "Rob Reiner Early Childhood Development Center" or something like that. If that makes you smokers feel any better. :D

I also had a health teacher at MSJC (who totally sucked btw) who's day job in the health industry was paid for with money from the tax.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
When I vote...anything that increases taxes I vote down. Wasn't me :)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't smoke, but we all have the inalienable right to pursue happiness; therefore, I never vote to hinder/tax anyone's pursuit of happiness! Now smoking in restaurants, affects my pursuit, so I vote against that. But taxing a freedom is dead wrong!:swear

Skankersore

Man Eater
Reaction score
So quit. That way you can save yourself AND fuck the needy children over :D