WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Marine propulsion - What's your pleasure

Marine propulsion - What's your pleasure

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
I'm a Jet boater at heart, I think they are the most fun to drive.. And in shallow water they can't be beat, brown water? No problem.. I think Wackers are the top performers, they just turn on a dime and take up so little space (and haul ass). I have a V-drive because it makes for a good family ski boat.. Too many variables........ All depends on where you boat and what you like to do...

You blasphemous bastard!!!!:grumble::grumble::grumble::blah::blah::blah:

:D

75 Spectra V-Drive

Gas dock greg fueler
Reaction score
V-drives have it boys :D

A Casale HD v-drive will take HUGE HP all day long, no rebuilds, no screwing around, no busted gears. They accellerate harder, turn better, and run better in the rough. You I/O guys with any power can keep rebuilding those Bravos, Teagues, and IMCOs every year. :D

As for the jetboaters.... :lmao:point

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Exactly:D:D:thumbsup:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think it should be said that someone put a link to this poll on the PB v-drive section.. LOL Hence the skewed #'s a bit.. ;)

I know we got a v-drive following, especially with regard to the Schiada / Spectra deal but c'mon.. LOL Most popular drive? not by a long shot in my mind.

RD

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
I think it should be said that someone put a link to this poll on the PB v-drive section.. LOL Hence the skewed #'s a bit.. ;)

I know we got a v-drive following, especially with regard to the Schiada / Spectra deal but c'mon.. LOL Most popular drive? not by a long shot in my mind.

RD

Foul! Poor form!:D

rivergames

Reaction score

RD

What kind of basterd would do that :rolleyes::skull

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

RD

I am not ready to accept the suck boat as the favorite. So I guess the link (even though the results are skewed) makes me feel better. :D j/k

Some truth RD...you have a bunch of jet boaters here. :)

And if you were to build a drive you would have 1/2 dozen customers. Something to make with all those beer cans. :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
i'm wondering if someone posted a link to some jet board?

I cant' hardly believe that there are more jetboaters on this site then anything else?

RD

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
This thread still going, lol.... :p Still looks like V-drives are leading?

Whatsa matter Dave, don't want to change it to River Daves Jetboat place? LMAO :D

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
This thread still going, lol.... :p Still looks like V-drives are leading?

Whatsa matter Dave, don't want to change it to River Daves Jetboat place? LMAO :D

Look at you all steering with the throttle and shit.:D

jetboatmatt

Reaction score
Well I
Thave had a 18 foot jetboat for 13 years it was alot of fun and treated us pretty good.

But!!!! It sucked a ton of gas and had no room in it.
If you wanted to go fast at wide open it spun 6100 RPM
it sounded great! but it felt like it was going to explode everytime!
Still alot of fun for the river!!!!!!

The IO is so much nicer!!!!! I have the 496 Mag and it runs at 4900 RPM all day long. Its a little slower then the jet but its 5 feet longer.
Its just nice to go long distance and not worry about a break down.
But!!!! There is more to keep up on, like the full service 500 to 600 bucks every year until i learn to do it myself.

Like guys have said before its what type of boating you do.

I will some day own a 21 foot V-drive schida, have always loved the look and you have to love the sound of a 468 chevy with a twin turbo going down river.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
I vote for the old school v-drive.I,ve only had two boats but both are Schiadas (66 flat and now an 81 22 whaler,probably the rarest Schiada v-drive out there).Hard to say why but they are kind of like having an old muscle car.The only bummer is they dont back up too good,haha.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
6498.jpg
i didn't vote, no airboat option?:D

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I dropped two new I/O in my Bayliner last year.:champagne:

Reaction score
:eek::fingers::D Digging deep eh?

Its all he's got. The present ocmerrill isn't producing like the old. Perhaps walking by ole blown up drive in the garage is wearing on him.

Sent from the little black thing in my pocket.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Its all he's got. The present ocmerrill isn't producing like the old. Perhaps walking by ole blown up drive in the garage is wearing on him.

Sent from the little black thing in my pocket.

My fuel pump.....is working fine. :D:D