WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP's Insurance Hookup

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
We'll be checking this section daily to answer any questions regarding policies. We've already helped several members get discounted rates on their boats, homes, cars, etc. If you'd like us to look over your current policies to make sure you're properly insured, we'd be happy to do so at no charge.

Please don't hesitate to use this section to ask any questions you might have regarding the insuring of boats, PWC's, offroad toys, rv's, auto, home, life, etc. If I don't know the answer, I'll find it for you:)

We insure every type of boat from "mild to wild"

Turbo's, exposed motors, CAT's, flatbottoms, K-Boats, 140+....no problem!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
OK Diva,have a question.

A friend in Colorado has a toyhauler that was damaged by a hail storm,bad.

His insurance co. wants to total it and write him a check for 11k,he's thinking about taking it,buying back the hauler,fixing it himself and moving on with life.
His questions are if or how it can be insured with a salvage title,and how would it effect the insurance (seperate policy) of the toys inside if something were to happen(crash,stolen,etc.)His twins just turned one and the guy is not in a position to buy a new or used hauler,money's tight.

Any advise would help,thanks.

Wozencraft

Reaction score
OK Diva,have a question.

A friend in Colorado has a toyhauler that was damaged by a hail storm,bad.

His insurance co. wants to total it and write him a check for 11k,he's thinking about taking it,buying back the hauler,fixing it himself and moving on with life.
His questions are if or how it can be insured with a salvage title,and how would it effect the insurance (seperate policy) of the toys inside if something were to happen(crash,stolen,etc.)His twins just turned one and the guy is not in a position to buy a new or used hauler,money's tight.

Any advise would help,thanks.
Hello, Devin here. I wanted to answer your questions as this issue has been brought up before at my agency.

In the past some insurance carriers wouldn't insure anything with a salvaged title. These days they have relaxed a bit, generally speaking. I can't say what specific insurance carrier guidelines are as I just don't know. With Farmers Insurance, who we represent, we would insure the trailer with the salvaged title, no problem. However, in the event of a claim the claims adjuster may find out that it has a salvaged title, by you or DMV. If so, they may opt to lower the payout as the market value of salvaged title trailers (and vehicles for that matter) would be less than those with clean titles.

Just a note that this discussion is aimed at the property coverage and not liability. I believe all liability losses would be handled equally regardless the type of title.

I hope this helps.

Devin Wozencraft
www.wozencraftinsurance.com

Cdog

Reaction score
Stacy, Please give my dad a call about his 76 Schiada 21ft. RC. Allstate wouldn't cover the boat due to age.

Bruce 714-322-9831.

Thanks,

Corey

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Stacy, Please give my dad a call about his 76 Schiada 21ft. RC. Allstate wouldn't cover the boat due to age.

Bruce 714-322-9831.

Thanks,

Corey

Will call him now:)

Ms.Havasu

Mr.Havasu's Main Squeeze!
Reaction score
Hi Stacy;

Can your company insure in Arizona?
If so I'd like to get a quote on our 3 vehicles, RV, Home owners, & renters policy.
Give me a call when you have some time,
Michele

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Hi Stacy;

Can your company insure in Arizona?
If so I'd like to get a quote on our 3 vehicles, RV, Home owners, & renters policy.
Give me a call when you have some time,
Michele

Absolutely Michelle. I'll give you a call:)

westair

Reaction score
Need to get a quote pretty soon, my policy now is with Progressive, haven't heard to many good things about them. renews on 10-1
24 ft. Cheetah Stiletto 496 mag 2005
Kawasaki jet skis 1200 2004 - 2

thanks,
Derek 760 801-8848

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Need to get a quote pretty soon, my policy now is with Progressive, haven't heard to many good things about them. renews on 10-1
24 ft. Cheetah Stiletto 496 mag 2005
Kawasaki jet skis 1200 2004 - 2

thanks

There's a little more to it then that.. Driving record etc.. Did you give her a contact #? or PM her one? If so she'll call you in the AM.

RD

westair

Reaction score
There's a little more to it then that.. Driving record etc.. Did you give her a contact #? or PM her one? If so she'll call you in the AM.

RD

Driving record?:(:D ..... I guess I was thinking she would PM me a list of things she needs but your right better if shes calls .... Derek 760 801-8848

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Driving record?:(:D ..... I guess I was thinking she would PM me a list of things she needs but your right better if shes calls .... Derek 760 801-8848

Great speaking with you Derek. I look forward to working with you on your current policies.

just called and left a message,

ralph 56234 7986

I left you a message Ralph. Hope to hear from you soon:)

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Pm sent.

Sent from somewhere in the middle of nowhere...

FlatNv

Reaction score
Can you insure in Nevada? If so give me a call, Thanks.
Scott 702-232-8469

h2o225

Reaction score
stacy have 1997 crownline 225br with a 502, two 1995 seadoos1 SPs other gtx
stan 951-990-1113

Last edited:

gem427

Reaction score
Can you write reasonable policies on Daytona style hulls in Texas?

gem427

Reaction score
19ft. Daytona or similar hull at around 75 to 80 MPH. I'm 56 years old with good driving record.

:D

gem427

Reaction score
Unfortunately we don't have a program for that boat in TX.

Yeah, I really figured as much. It's really a shame that those of us that want insurance can't seem to get any. It's hard to believe no one wants any of the business, especially from older mature people that are extremely careful in their boating activities.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah, I really figured as much. It's really a shame that those of us that want insurance can't seem to get any. It's hard to believe no one wants any of the business, especially from older mature people that are extremely careful in their boating activities.

She could insure the boat in just about any other state. They just don't have a program for TX.

RD

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Stacy I just referred you a customer with a flattie. :)