20k, damn.

NicPaus

Reaction score
RANGER RZR XP? 4 900
$17,999* RANGER RZR XP? 4 900 Liquid Silver LE
$19,499* RANGER RZR? 4 800 RG Edition
$14,499* RANGER RZR? 4 800 EPS RG LE
$15,799*

Showing prices when I clicked on it. Amazed how many are still selling with this economy. You can get a very nice boat for that much $$$. Bet there not selling many for cash only finance.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
20k, damn.

There is no doubt they have created there own market with a 4 seat decent hp factory ready hot rod but these things are getting crazy...lol

I think I'm keeping the kawi for awhile and working on motor enhancements next year.

Figure 20K plus out the door and another 4-5K to make is nice. I'm out to rich for the amount of riding I do.

Meaney77

Reaction score
RANGER RZR XP? 4 900
$17,999* RANGER RZR XP? 4 900 Liquid Silver LE
$19,499* RANGER RZR? 4 800 RG Edition
$14,499* RANGER RZR? 4 800 EPS RG LE
$15,799*

Showing prices when I clicked on it. Amazed how many are still selling with this economy. You can get a very nice boat for that much $$$. Bet there not selling many for cash only finance.

You can get a nice off road car like Baja which also as a plate and can be driven around town for the same price....I just dont get it.

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
RANGER RZR XP™ 4 900

STARTING AT $17,999 US MSRP

RiverRacerX

RRX Dude
Reaction score
Ya, 20K is a little steep. You could almost have 2 RZR-s for that price.

I'll keep my Rhino. It's paid for. :party:

phuggit

Reaction score
"I'll keep my Rhino. It's paid for."

Same delima I'm in. As dated as our Ranger is, it still fits our need.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
The way I figured it was 10-12K cash is a decent chunk for a toy and thats what I'm into my teryx.

If I upgraded and put 12K down on a 20K Rzr 4 that means I have to finance 8K over say 3 years. Thats a monthly payment of roughly $250 for a toy I used 5x last year.

When I explained the math to my wife she understood why I'm ok with the kawi....lol

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be married to the Rhino for a while longer. Might start shopping for that Rotax motor. LOL!!!

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
"I'll keep my Rhino. It's paid for."

Same delima I'm in. As dated as our Ranger is, it still fits our need.

F that go get the Kawi four seater and we'll build you a decent looking cage. The Raiders Short Bus has to go!!!!!:D:D:D

Chris

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be married to the Rhino for a while longer. Might start shopping for that Rotax motor. LOL!!!

That would be cool but its a spensive swap unless you can find a deal on the motor.

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
You can get a nice off road car like Baja which also as a plate and can be driven around town for the same price....I just dont get it.

Last year we were at KOH with a $100k long travel buggy that couldn't make it through half the washes or over the rocks that the Rhino's were doing with ease:skull Something to be said about 4x4. I think for $20k it is a pretty good all around vehicle. +65mph open desert speed, 4x4 locked rock crawling, warranty(although POPO ain't known for best customer support), off the shelf replacement parts, financing, and they fit in most toyhaulers/trailers.

I took a serious look at what $20k will really buy in this market before buying the XP, and to really get into a decent desert car with similar performance and reliability, you need $30k CASH and you still don't get 4 wheel drive or a warranty. Sure you can go buy a 25+ year old baja that was built by who knows who and driven who knows how hard but the nice ones are hard to come by and really arent that cheap, especially if you break something.

I'm just saying........:skull

Chris

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
20k? ... wow ... i guess i'm not getting one anytime soon. i'll keep the rhino until the end of next season and then upgrade to something else :thumbsup

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score

Look at you and Brandin....all a bunch of pussies now that you've had kids:skull

RiverRacerX

RRX Dude
Reaction score
Ha, it isn't that. If my kids weren't in private school I might be able to afford a new toy. But those damn kids are 'spensive! :p

I am lucky to have a Rhino, some bikes and a boat (and a job) in this economy.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Look at you and Brandin....all a bunch of pussies now that you've had kids:skull

If I had the dual Mock paychecks and the Mock house payment I would be all in:D:champagne::cool:

I'm just a broke dick trying to keep up with the jones's while not going into debt. I can't wait to ride in yours:D:eek:

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
If I had the dual Mock paychecks and the Mock house payment I would be all in:D:champagne::cool:

I'm just a broke dick trying to keep up with the jones's while not going into debt. I can't wait to ride in yours:D:eek:

Carrie said "$20K......F that!!!" she's keeping the Jeep for me and stealling the XP for herself!!!:grumble:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Carrie said "$20K......F that!!!" she's keeping the Jeep for me and stealling the XP for herself!!!:grumble:

Jeeps are cool again....Gotta have both so we can do some baby rock crawling.

I got all the stuff in my garage waiting to go on my dads xj. Now we just need to find one for sean.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That would be cool but its a spensive swap unless you can find a deal on the motor.

Probably could do it for around $5k I figured. I got time. It still runs like a champ so I'll just keep my eye open for a wrecked donor quad. And I can do the install myself so no biggy. Still cheaper than a $20k XP4 plus who knows how much more for me to add all the BS I know I'll have to have.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Bingo. Broke dick is an understatement right now.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Bingo. Broke dick is an understatement right now.

I can't complain I have a job and my family has everything we need and then some.

The flooring and new appliances cost me a fair chunk this year so I need to like what I have for a while. shit I would be happy with a running SXS.

I should have kept my rhino as it never let me down and needed to be towed...haha

I have been saving for an AR for a long time and i need to buy it soon before I go another route like always;):skull

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
I can't complain I have a job and my family has everything we need and then some.

The flooring and new appliances cost me a fair chunk this year so I need to like what I have for a while. shit I would be happy with a running SXS.

I should have kept my rhino as it never let me down and needed to be towed...haha

I have been saving for an AR for a long time and i need to buy it soon before I go another route like always;):skull

What happened to the Kawi? Done broke?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

After this truck motor is running I think I'm done for a while too. Boat could use some work but honestly it'll be fine for a couple more years the way it is. Rhino is running perfect so all I need is to make the mods to get the kid in it. So I think I'm done with projects for a while after this stuff is done.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
What happened to the Kawi? Done broke?

Still runs/revs but not under a load....

Could be 1 of 1,000,000 things

Some people think fuel some people thing electrical?

I have a spare CDI so first thing will be to swap that out and then check out wires and spark plugs.

After that clean the carb

After that check vaccume lines and fuel pump.

after that....Go back in the house and drink heavy...lol

Ivan Dan

Reaction score

I have a spare CDI so first thing will be to swap that out and then check out wires and spark plugs.

I would rather invert your list....:drnkfr

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score

want to buy a rhino? :p:cool:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Same thing happened to my Rhino last year. Started it and warmed it up. As soon as I left the garage it started crapping out. Idled fine though. Took the carb apart and cleaned it out and problem solved. Kinda strange.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my Rhino last year. Started it and warmed it up. As soon as I left the garage it started crapping out. Idled fine though. Took the carb apart and cleaned it out and problem solved. Kinda strange.

I personally think its a dirty carb or a fuel pump issue.

Easy enough to clean the carbs

My neighbor who used to work for yamaha in the R&D dept thinks its electrical because it wouldn't run without gas and rev up. I think it would rev up if it was getting a little gas but crap out if half of the jets were blocked.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I personally think its a dirty carb or a fuel pump issue.

Easy enough to clean the carbs

My neighbor who used to work for yamaha in the R&D dept thinks its electrical because it wouldn't run without gas and rev up. I think it would rev up if it was getting a little gas but crap out if half of the jets were blocked.

I'm with you. I'm thinking dirty carbs. Although if its easy to switch out the ignition and you have a spare one might as well just try that first to eliminate that.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
$20K - to start - puts you into "real vehicle"territory...I've seen dual-sport Tatum Black Widows with Acura V6's under $30K.

Not as versatile as a SxS, so I guess I don't really have a point :rolleyes: :p

Joe mama

Reaction score
I think if other manufacturers see polaris getting 20k out of these they are all jumping on this money tree. Still can't believe Kawi didn't step up on the power. Maybe they will mid year, sell for less and capture some of these buyers.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Planning on swapping a stock cage onto my 4,moving it at a stupid price most likely. Tim at SDR can morph my cage/doors onto one of these and I'll be sitting pretty. Waiting till next fall though, only 253 miles on my 4 and only 2 trips planned with my son on the way.

After seeing the 2 seater XP's stay on the ass's of a lot of V6 and LS1 cars in our group through the dunes for double or triple the price, I'm a believer in the 900 and rear trailing arms.

Last edited:

dschifan

Reaction score
Planning on swapping a stock cage onto my 4,moving it at a stupid price most likely. Tim at SDR can morph my cage/doors onto one of these and I'll be sitting pretty. Waiting till next fall though, only 253 miles on my 4 and only 2 trips planned with my son on the way.

After seeing the 2 seater XP's stay on the ass's of a lot of V6 and LS1 cars in our group through the dunes for double or triple the price, I'm a believer in the 900 and rear trailing arms.

exactly my thoughts as to why i bought my xp. the power is awesome and 4wd is so fun to crawl up some crazy shit with. i hang right with my buddy's 50k rail in the dunes and go places he can't and is way easier to transport and with a 5 year warranty and one tank of gas lasts all day. i am seriously debating on selling my 2 seater for the new 4 but gonna wait and see how they do.

RiverRacerX

RRX Dude
Reaction score
RZR4 XP = $19500

My car= Hyundai Elantra $18045

2011-Hyundai-Plans-New-Elantra-Coupe-Revamped-Azera-1.jpg

I think if I add long travel to the elantra it will wheel pretty good. And it has AC and more HP. Whadyathink?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
RZR4 XP = $19500

I think if I add long travel to the elantra it will wheel pretty good. And it has AC and more HP. Whadyathink?

I think you would look less gay rolling to work in an XP:D:skull

RiverRacerX

RRX Dude
Reaction score
Ok, I have been working in the garage all night and decided that my Elantra with long travel is still a better deal than the RZR4 XP.

Hey Mock. I'm gonna kick your ass this year in the dirt. You better watch yourself! :skull

Attachments

• longtravel_hyundai.jpg
    longtravel_hyundai.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 464

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Ok, I have been working in the garage all night and decided that my Elantra with long travel is still a better deal than the RZR4 XP.

Hey Mock. I'm gonna kick your ass this year in the dirt. You better watch yourself! :skull

Nice!!! I like the LT Eeeee!!

Meaney77

Reaction score
Last year we were at KOH with a $100k long travel buggy that couldn't make it through half the washes or over the rocks that the Rhino's were doing with ease:skull Something to be said about 4x4. I think for $20k it is a pretty good all around vehicle. +65mph open desert speed, 4x4 locked rock crawling, warranty(although POPO ain't known for best customer support), off the shelf replacement parts, financing, and they fit in most toyhaulers/trailers.

I took a serious look at what $20k will really buy in this market before buying the XP, and to really get into a decent desert car with similar performance and reliability, you need $30k CASH and you still don't get 4 wheel drive or a warranty. Sure you can go buy a 25+ year old baja that was built by who knows who and driven who knows how hard but the nice ones are hard to come by and really arent that cheap, especially if you break something.

I'm just saying........:skull

Chris

I guess we agree to disagree...! Many of those $100K rails are built to look good going fast in the sand and not always practicallity...I have friends that have beautiful 100K rails also and its always funny to see them in the dirt. They are more concerned with scrathing the paint and the rock chips in their aluminum A arms.

My wife and I went back and forth on a side x side or an off road car with a plate and for us the car was a great investment. We have had some great trouble free trips in the desert and in Mammoth and have not been in a situation that I couldnt go further because we didnt have 4x4- maybe we arent as Extreme or maybe its the driving, i dont know but we are happy with our toy.

Meaney77

Reaction score
RZR4 XP = $19500

Very similar to the boats we all drive..... fortunetly I bought mine used but new it was over $100K.....thats a really nice Porsche or sports car... I guess you cant put a price on the fun and the memmories.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I guess we agree to disagree...! Many of those $100K rails are built to look good going fast in the sand and not always practicallity...I have friends that have beautiful 100K rails also and its always funny to see them in the dirt. They are more concerned with scrathing the paint and the rock chips in their aluminum A arms.

My wife and I went back and forth on a side x side or an off road car with a plate and for us the car was a great investment. We have had some great trouble free trips in the desert and in Mammoth and have not been in a situation that I couldnt go further because we didnt have 4x4- maybe we arent as Extreme or maybe its the driving, i dont know but we are happy with our toy.

A car will never be a sxs and a sxs will never be a car.

The rail he is talking about was a moster dual sport with 35" tires

It had a whipple charged LSX (800+hp) andf a mendi sequential. Were easily talking a 150K+ build.

Where we were at in Johnson valley for king of the hammers you need 4x4 due to the rocks and ledges we were climbing up.

99% of the time I would much rather have that car. That day I was happy I was in my teryx...lol

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score

Looks great, how does it handle the whoops?