WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2012 XP900 Build

Reaction score
Nothing like starting over again....:rolleyes:

Did my graphic kit and seats today and ordered my cage from Nick at UTV INC.

$(KGrHqR,!pIE9c2BDUPOBP,qPkyO-w~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!r!E88gTl4g8BP,qPwG)Q!~~60_58.JPG

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Looks good already.

Reaction score
Put the wheels on today and that's about it until my cage and front bumper is done in four weeks....:grumble:

$(KGrHqF,!n8E9eWqp,1WBP,9gHOyT!~~60_58.JPG

Reaction score
Had to go with a different center cap.

$(KGrHqFHJDME9!QEysBTBPbd)LOlRw~~60_58.JPG

Not my car but this is the cage I'm going with. Also decided to go without bumpers, all the rears I've seen are ugly and from what I'm told the fronts dig.

$(KGrHqVHJFQE88fBbRj,BPbdw9dR9g~~60_58.JPG

Outdrive1

Reaction score
That cage with the radius is pretty cool looking. What color are you thinking, and are you doing a metal roof?

Reaction score
That cage with the radius is pretty cool looking. What color are you thinking, and are you doing a metal roof?

Red with the flat black roof. They're five weeks out so I guess things are good in the UTV business.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Red with the flat black roof. They're five weeks out so I guess things are good in the UTV business.

No shit. 5 weeks is a pretty long back order. They're probably busy, and there aren't as many guys left in the business.

dschifan

Reaction score

gonna save you some money, those other guys are overpriced beyond belief!!! give dg offroad a call, same radius cage with roof and everything powdercoated for way cheaper than utv inc quoted me. you will not be dissapointed.

Attachments

• Photo156.jpg
    Photo156.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 376
  • 100MEDIA95IMAG0432.jpg
    100MEDIA95IMAG0432.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 386
  • Photo157.jpg
    Photo157.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 375
  • Photo161.jpg
    Photo161.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 376

Reaction score
gonna save you some money, those other guys are overpriced beyond belief!!! give dg offroad a call, same radius cage with roof and everything powdercoated for way cheaper than utv inc quoted me. you will not be dissapointed.

Quoted price and price I'll pay are two different things....:D

Been doing business with Nick for years and he has always been very good to me. I try my best to be loyal even if it cost me a few bucks more once in a while.

BTW nice ride! What size Bighorn's are those?

dschifan

Reaction score
Quoted price and price I'll pay are two different things....:D

Been doing business with Nick for years and he has always been very good to me. I try my best to be loyal even if it cost me a few bucks more once in a while.

BTW nice ride! What size Bighorn's are those?

LOL i hear ya on the quoted price i know they come down off the asking. thanks man got alot into it already, just put on the makin trax springs and is a night and day difference in the ride with using stock shocks. those are not bighorns they are the knock off bighorn tires called duro powergrips. they are 26" and look better imho than bighorns and the best price is a set shipped to my door are around $350 !!! rocky mountain atv carries them and they are awesome. your ride is looking good man, another money pit LOL

Reaction score
LOL i hear ya on the quoted price i know they come down off the asking. thanks man got alot into it already, just put on the makin trax springs and is a night and day difference in the ride with using stock shocks. those are not bighorns they are the knock off bighorn tires called duro powergrips. they are 26" and look better imho than bighorns and the best price is a set shipped to my door are around $350 !!! rocky mountain atv carries them and they are awesome. your ride is looking good man, another money pit LOL

I hear you on the money pit... :grumble:

I think I'm going to get those tires once mine get a little worn, they seem like a great value and I like the looks. I also did a little research on the springs you have and think I'll pick up a set of those too, should be done after that.....lol

dschifan

Reaction score
I hear you on the money pit... :grumble:

I think I'm going to get those tires once mine get a little worn, they seem like a great value and I like the looks. I also did a little research on the springs you have and think I'll pick up a set of those too, should be done after that.....lol

they really are and 6ply just like big horns. LOL you always think you will be done, i'm well over 20k in mine and just put on my lightbar. the springs though are one of the best 400 bucks i have spend for what you get our of them. you can run a way lower compression and it smoothes the ride so much, my wife said she can drink a cup of coffee going down a rutted road LOL. Handles the whoops wayyyy better as well.

Reaction score
Still waiting for cage and thought I was done for now but I guess not. Picked up a rear diff plate, steering wheel and ordered some springs yesterday, that should be it.....:D

$(KGrHqZ,!o4E9c)ePfMkBPc)4C6m7!~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!qME88f7YdJFBPc)4PYdDg~~60_58.JPG

dschifan

Reaction score
Still waiting for cage and thought I was done for now but I guess not. Picked up a rear diff plate, steering wheel and ordered some springs yesterday, that should be it.....:D

$(KGrHqZ,!o4E9c)ePfMkBPc)4C6m7!~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!qME88f7YdJFBPc)4PYdDg~~60_58.JPG

LOL famous last words. you got the makin trax springs? think i got mine dialed in finally for where i like the compression. run zero preload with them, your ride height will be atleast a full inch higher over the stock with zero pre load, they are awesome.

Reaction score
LOL you got the makin trax springs?

Yep got them coming, I think it'll be a nice upgrade for the money...:thumbsup

I may have to hit you up if I have any questions when I install them.

Just got this in today also.
$(KGrHqVHJCEE9EGdKqp)BPc2WEw7C!~~60_58.JPG

dschifan

Reaction score
Yep got them coming, I think it'll be a nice upgrade for the money...:thumbsup

I may have to hit you up if I have any questions when I install them.

Just got this in today also.
$(KGrHqVHJCEE9EGdKqp)BPc2WEw7C!~~60_58.JPG

i was going to get those seals to, but my airbox has been tight just using grease and making sure it seats properly. Its like a toss up if you get one that has a gapped air box. Awesome man definitely hit me up if you need, been playing with them to get them dialed, going out saturday afternoon to barstow to run it and fine tune some more over bigger whoops.:skull

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
looking real good. cant wait to see it finished.

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
Nice ride Mark:thumbsup
Those UTV inc doors are by far the best on the market. You'd be hard pressed to find something better than the xp for the money. Looks like I might have to turbo my 09 Rzr just to keep up with everybody:grumble:

Reaction score
looking real good. cant wait to see it finished.

Thanks man.

Nice ride Mark:thumbsup
Those UTV inc doors are by far the best on the market. You'd be hard pressed to find something better than the xp for the money. Looks like I might have to turbo my 09 Rzr just to keep up with everybody:grumble:

Thanks bro. All it took was a short ride in Steve's and I was sold.
My cage and a few other parts should be in next week and I can finish it up.

dschifan

Thanks for the heads up on those Duro tires. The difference in the ride on pavement is 100% better than the ITP tires it came with and I know they will kick ass in the dirt. They look great and I still can't get over the "shipped to my door" price.....:thumbsup

$(KGrHqVHJBUE9qEDN0gTBPflgIII8g~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJFUE91+DtcnRBPfl,8rFuQ~~60_58.JPG

dschifan

Reaction score
Thanks man.

Thanks bro. All it took was a short ride in Steve's and I was sold.
My cage and a few other parts should be in next week and I can finish it up.

dschifan

Thanks for the heads up on those Duro tires. The difference in the ride on pavement is 100% better than the ITP tires it came with and I know they will kick ass in the dirt. They look great and I still can't get over the "shipped to my door" price.....:thumbsup

$(KGrHqVHJBUE9qEDN0gTBPflgIII8g~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJFUE91+DtcnRBPfl,8rFuQ~~60_58.JPG

you got it man no problem, love to save people money the price is crazy cheap. they are just like bighorns and ya they ride way better than those stock itps. mine are holding up so well and i ride hard dirt. do you have a lightbar planned in the future?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
you got it man no problem, love to save people money the price is crazy cheap. they are just like bighorns and ya they ride way better than those stock itps. mine are holding up so well and i ride hard dirt. do you have a lightbar planned in the future?

How light are those tires?

Have you tried them in the sand?

I have had really good luck with my maxxis cerros but there spend/heavy and suck in the sand.

dschifan

Reaction score

Have you tried them in the sand?

I have had really good luck with my maxxis cerros but there spend/heavy and suck in the sand.

i am not totally sure on how light they are, i don't run to much sand and when i do i'm running 14psi and they do very well. i know guys that run the bighorns in glamis aired down and they do well and this tread is exactly like the bighorn.

Reaction score
do you have a lightbar planned in the future?

I have a 12" Vision X I was going to put on my Teryx that I may end up using.

Nick at UTV INC said the Duro's are lighter than the Bighorn's. He said he had a couple of friends running them and they are very happy with the performance.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Looks bad ass....one of my favorites. The white are a little over done

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Sweet. Wish I had the money for one. Someday hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone paid for with Union money. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jesus.. Keeping up with the joneses is getting expensive around here! Lol

Looks great mark! Make sure to wait for me every so often on the trail!

RD <----- thought your teryx was pretty nice.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Jesus.. Keeping up with the joneses is getting expensive around here! Lol

Looks great mark! Make sure to wait for me every so often on the trail!

x2... the teryx was ...xp looks great..

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Really sharp and clean. At the same time I think it will not show every scratch when you get it on the trails. Congrats.

SJP

Reaction score
Sweet. Wish I had the money for one. Someday hopefully.

I'm sure if you really wanted one you would have one...;)

The Teryx was bad ass, just time for a change.

I hope the XP is as good to me as that thing was.

x2... the teryx was ...xp looks great..

Really sharp and clean. At the same time I think it will not show every scratch when you get it on the trails. Congrats.

SJP

Thanks all.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I'm sure if you really wanted one you would have one...;)

The Teryx was bad ass, just time for a change.

I hope the XP is as good to me as that thing was.

Thanks all.

Seriously, I want one. And there isn't one in sight at all. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Did you sell your Trex? Thats is a sweet XP build for sure. :thumbsup

Reaction score
Since I was unable to attend Desert Storm this year I bought myself a billet T-handle and shift knob today. Thought it would cheer me up, it didn't......:grumble:

$(KGrHqJHJEsE919+-UJuBPmdOdqZlg~~60_58.JPG

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
The only thing this is missing a is a few pics of the better half wiping it down like she does your boat... :champagne:

Reaction score
The only thing this is missing a is a few pics of the better half wiping it down like she does your boat... :champagne:

Yes the good old days, before the I do's.....:champagne:

Let's just say things have changed a little since then.....:D

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
HAHA,,,yep give it a few more years and you will know what I am dealing with now...They are only 50% of the population but they control 100% of the pussy so we do what we gotta do to keep gettin it but it gets harder and harder as the years pile on :rolleyes: