WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2015 Ultra

Xring01

Reaction score
Wow, I bet a bidding war gets created on this one.

Alot of guys with the resources to finish that boat, and potentially make a buck or two.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What brand Hull is that?

Doesn’t look like an Ultra to me.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
They have one basically the exact same at that Cactus RV in Havasu.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
These ever been rigged with OBs? If so, how did they handle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Isn’t the force 29 the mold the Carrera 290 was built from?

If so, Rocky had a 290 with twin 300x’s.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Yes same bottom. From what rocky told me way better with OB
Lifts the nose better. I emailed him a bunch before i bought the other 29 molds. He was a huge help.
29 forces always ran pretty flat , I feel the verados will be even better hanging off the back.

My boat river.jpg

force2.jpg

94333_Rocky_new_boat_running-med.jpg

sirbob

Reaction score
I kind of wish Rusty would quit calling every mold he has an Ultra. I always thought the Ultras had really nice lines and a certain look - with these force and barracudas etc the look of the Ultra is being lost.

He is only doing it because the Ultra brand is stronger - but unfortunately he is devaluing that brand - he would be better off coming up with a new name for this collection of hull molds that he wants to continue to build.

dribble

Reaction score
I kind of wish Rusty would quit calling every mold he has an Ultra. I always thought the Ultras had really nice lines and a certain look - with these force and barracudas etc the look of the Ultra is being lost.

He is only doing it because the Ultra brand is stronger - but unfortunately he is devaluing that brand - he would be better off coming up with a new name for this collection of hull molds that he wants to continue to build.

He owns the name, he owns the molds. When John West let the name go, he knew this could happen.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

I’m sorry but i don’t think it’s the different hulls devaluing the Ultra name, i think it’s just Rusty in general devaluing the name.... just my 0.02$

sirbob

Reaction score
He owns the name, he owns the molds. When John West let the name go, he knew this could happen.

I understand - I know he has the rights to do as he pleases - assuming he is meeting his obligation to fulfill his end of the agreement that was made. With that said - it has been intimated that he may or may not have been fully compliant in that regard. Assuming he is however, he can do what he likes with the intellectual property.

I’m sorry but i don’t think it’s the different hulls devaluing the Ultra name, i think it’s just Rusty in general devaluing the name.... just my 0.02$

I can't argue with that either - nobody will mistake the recent customer service short falls we have all heard about with the way John ran his show back in the day...

All that said - maybe to just be more blunt... I think the other hulls are ugly, the force looks old and outdated and the barracuda is way to busy for my liking.

As an Ultra owner and somebody who built a couple of boats with John when he had the business - I can only say the very first thing that brought me to the brand was what the boats looked like. From there, I researched and decided to buy / build 2 Ultras. If I was trolling the web today and came across pictures of force hull or a barracuda hull, I would keep looking. Neither of those boats peek my interest - which is why I don't own one of them today.

I hope not to offend any owners of the other boats, its just that they don't suit my tastes. And there are lots of other boats that would fall into that category also - its not just those (force/barracuda) brands.

Hence my comment - "I kind of wish Rusty would quit calling every mold he has an Ultra. I always thought the Ultras had really nice lines and a certain look - with these force and barracudas etc the look of the Ultra is being lost."

I never said he does not have the right to do what he wants with the name and I for sure never vouched for his customer service.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score

While Rusty owns the name, he does not own the hulls outright. I only see an issue, if Ultra starts adding different hulls that don’t look similar in nature and names them a Shadow / Stealth. I like the 28 Shadow Deck, but don’t like the engine hatch. My wife like to sun on the hatch and the 28 hatch does not allow for that.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
While Rusty owns the name, he does not own the hulls outright. I only see an issue, if Ultra starts adding different hulls that don’t look similar in nature and names them a Shadow / Stealth. I like the 28 Shadow Deck, but don’t like the engine hatch. My wife like to sun on the hatch and the 28 hatch does not allow for that.

Ive known Rusty for years, he is an engine builder. The boat business is much different. Some harsh comments and they are fully warranted as the last of run of customers have had a hard time.
As a previous employee of the El Cajon Days.......ULTRA is sold. Its not the same company nor will it ever be.

John West isnt drawing gel designs and doing TV marketing, Jaimie and Martin are not doing amazing gel coat, Mike and his team are not rigging 3-4 boats per week. The interior shop is not next door. Those days are gone.
Jamie is DCB, Martin is a teacher, John is an engineer.

From the short amount of time I spend at ULTRA LHC every single walk in customer has asked for a 28 deckboat.
They want a transom walk way, full beam swimstep and wind protection
28 Barracuda

I am a huge Ultra fan, shit i own the 21 stealth mold but you cant compare it to the good ole days. Shit changed for better or worse.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Since y’all are saying Ultra has the Force molds, does that mean they could have built this Force that is labeled as a 2014 32 Force?

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Ive known Rusty for years, he is an engine builder. The boat business is much different. Some harsh comments and they are fully warranted as the last of run of customers have had a hard time.
As a previous employee of the El Cajon Days.......ULTRA is sold. Its not the same company nor will it ever be.

John West isnt drawing gel designs and doing TV marketing, Jaimie and Martin are not doing amazing gel coat, Mike and his team are not rigging 3-4 boats per week. The interior shop is not next door. Those days are gone.
Jamie is DCB, Martin is a teacher, John is an engineer.

From the short amount of time I spend at ULTRA LHC every single walk in customer has asked for a 28 deckboat.
They want a transom walk way, full beam swimstep and wind protection
28 Barracuda

I am a huge Ultra fan, shit i own the 21 stealth mold but you cant compare it to the good ole days. Shit changed for better or worse.

I never compared Ultra today to Ultra under JW ownership. All I said is adding more models to the lineup under the Shadow and Steath names that don’t have the same lines IMO is not the best decision.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I would assume these Hull's are being labeled Ultra because that's the mfg's license he is producing under. He could call them something else, but they would still be HIN'd as an Ultra.

RD

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
SOB!! I was high bid and got tied up at work. Lost by $25 bucks!!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
What did it end up going for?
I bid 13k even this morning, and had lined my day up to be able to watch for snipers. The reserve was not met but I was willing to pay more, so I waited in attack mode. About 3 hours before auction ended I get an email that the reserve had been lowered to 13k, and I was high bid..... FKN sweet!!! Well, shit falls apart at work and I'm doing the scramble drill dealing with shit and next thing I know it's about an hour after auction ends. Go look, and the thing was only bid on one additional time for 13,025.... SOB!

Goodtime$

Reaction score
I never compared Ultra today to Ultra under JW ownership. All I said is adding more models to the lineup under the Shadow and Steath names that don’t have the same lines IMO is not the best decision.

100% agree the stealth lines are unique. A 28 deck still has to be a model in your lineup if your building in Lake Havasu city.

26 and 27 shadows should be built more. Hopefully they kick up the volume

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Yes that mold is out there. How does that boat run with the Konrad drives?

I think that was boat 3 of 3.

According to the owner, they are bravo XR drives. The boats been sitting for at least a year maybe more but he said he used it a few times last year. I don’t think I’ve seen it move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I still wish I would have bought my buddies 28 Ultra V-bottom, super cool boat. A member on here picked it up.