WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2018 Jeep Wrangler has arrived..

Singleton

Reaction score
Need to see one in person before I judge.
However, I don?t see my JKUR going anywhere.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
In that top pic, that thing sure looks to be IFS...I certainly hope not.

Edit: Nevermind, found another spy photo that clearly shows the front diff. Carry on.

2Driver

Reaction score
Im looking for a new JKU. Still think Ill pick up a left over 2017. Not sure

What exactly are the real functional differences or improvements?

I could care less about a new grill or badging or Blah blah

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Looks good! Love how they threw a bit of TJ styling back into it.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Im looking for a new JKU. Still think Ill pick up a left over 2017. Not sure

What exactly are the real functional differences or improvements?

I could care less about a new grill or badging or Blah blah

The new one will have a 2.0L turbo 4, a 3.0L diesel on unlimited and pickup variants and the carry over v6. I really have my eye on the pickup. Towing capacity is supposed to be 6500 lbs and you still get all the normal wrangler goodies with the addition of a truck bed. Visually a wrangler never changes much. The new one will have an easier to lower windshield and probably slicker electronics and finishes and the 8 speed automatic. All for a modest increase in MSRP I am sure...

DaBank

Reaction score
2018 Jeep Rubicon for $9k off Msrp at Dennis Dillon Jeep. Lowest I have seen.

zhandfull

Reaction score
2018 Jeep Rubicon for $9k off Msrp at Dennis Dillon Jeep. Lowest I have seen.
I was looking at new jeeps a month ago. Ontario Jeep must of had forty or fifty 2017's in stock. For being so close to end of model year I didn't get the impression that they were willing to deal at all and no factory incentives. Keep thinking the Jeep fade will end but like everything else these days they just keep getting more expensive. Resale is pretty good on them too., can't even afford a used one.

Not a fan of the turn signal in the fenders on the 2018 models.

DaBank

Reaction score
I was looking at new jeeps a month ago. Ontario Jeep must of had forty or fifty 2017's in stock. For being so close to end of model year I didn't get the impression that they were willing to deal at all and no factory incentives. Keep thinking the Jeep fade will end but like everything else these days they just keep getting more expensive. Resale is pretty good on them too., can't even afford a used one.

Not a fan of the turn signal in the fenders on the 2018 models.
Last week Ontario and Huntington beach quoted me $5800 off on a new 2017 Rubicon, I figured as soon as the 2018 hits the lot the price will drop a lot. I just checked with DD because they are always lower than dealers in California and they are selling 2018s that are in transport for $7k to $9k off, they told me they have 70 that will be delivered in the next 30 days and want to sale them all before they hit there lot.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
They're still making the JK models - overlapping production - not sure when the JK's will stop being produced but I think they're coming out with one or more special models to commemorate the end of the JK.

DaBank

Reaction score
They're still making the JK models - overlapping production - not sure when the JK's will stop being produced but I think they're coming out with one or more special models to commemorate the end of the JK.
Yes these 2018's are still the JK version. I wanted to get the last of the Jks (2017) to get a big discount...... but the sales have be so low and the new JL being release late they are now selling them as 2018'S but dealers with 2017's are asking more than the 2018's. If to many 2018 old model JKs hit the lots with all these 2017 JKs still on the lot what type of discounts are they going to offer? I want a new base Rubicon with a low $40k Msrp for $29k