WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

21RC V-Drive Makeover

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
That picture on the water looks bad ass, but it looks COLD! Did you buy a Tahoe to leave out there?

It was a little chilly that early in the morning. I'm probably not gonna leave the Tahoe out there. I'm gonna use it to go back in forth to Parker though so I don't put so many miles on my 15'

Andy01

Reaction score
It was a little chilly that early in the morning. I'm probably not gonna leave the Tahoe out there. I'm gonna use it to go back in forth to Parker though so I don't put so many miles on my 15'

I like it, do a LS swap and then let me know when your bored with it. :D :thumbup:

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
New 540 TT power
Image1462550015.837311.jpg
Image1462550032.172090.jpg

lenmann

Reaction score
What is the crank driven thingy on the lower left side of the motor? And the aluminum tank above it?

Beautiful boat, motor and build thread btw. I use it for inspiration (often)...

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
What is the crank driven thingy on the lower left side of the motor? And the aluminum tank above it?

Beautiful boat, motor and build thread btw. I use it for inspiration (often)...

Power steering pump

FrznJim

Reaction score

Marc,

For the 540 did you start with a new block? Is the race aero setup from your old motor? Or did you have another set so you still have your old motor in the Schiada? I'm interested to see your hp/torque numbers as I was considering doing something similar with my purple boat. Lastly, what is a good budget number to build a 540 TT?

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Marc,

For the 540 did you start with a new block? Is the race aero setup from your old motor? Or did you have another set so you still have your old motor in the Schiada? I'm interested to see your hp/torque numbers as I was considering doing something similar with my purple boat. Lastly, what is a good budget number to build a 540 TT?

This is a brand new long block from Teague. Best of the best as far as parts are concerned. Merlin block, Sonny Bryant crank, cp Pistons, Carrillo rods, Jesel belt drive, AFR heads with T&D shaft rockers. I'm swapping over all my race aero/gentry turbo stuff onto this long block. It wasn't cheap I can tell you that! Lol. This setup made close to 200hp more than my last. I sold my old long block to a friend in Parker for his Schiada.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
This is a brand new long block from Teague. Best of the best as far as parts are concerned. Merlin block, Sonny Bryant crank, cp Pistons, Carrillo rods, Jesel belt drive, AFR heads with T&D shaft rockers. I'm swapping over all my race aero/gentry turbo stuff onto this long block. It wasn't cheap I can tell you that! Lol. This setup made close to 200hp more than my last. I sold my old long block to a friend in Parker for his Schiada.

Any reason you chose Merlin over Dart, not that one is better than the other, just curious.

That's a damn fine piece. [emoji106]

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Any reason you chose Merlin over Dart, not that one is better than the other, just curious.

That's a damn fine piece. [emoji106]

Because that's what Teague sells! Lol. I would've used either a Dart or Merlin block.

Fuzzbutt

Reaction score
This is by far an incredible boat. Thanks for sharing your story. Beautiful and fast.

The attention to detail is beyond top notch

oldschool

Reaction score
Motor looks great, congrats. I noticed that you're running water in the exhaust manifolds and turbo exhaust housings separately. Did they not match up together?

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Motor looks great, congrats. I noticed that you're running water in the exhaust manifolds and turbo exhaust housings separately. Did they not match up together?

Not sure what picture your referring to? Everything is plumbed the way it should be.

oldschool

Reaction score
Not sure what picture your referring to? Everything is plumbed the way it should be.

It looks like the water runs in and out of your exhaust manifolds seperate from the turbo housings. On my Race Aero exhaust the water runs in and then out the turbo exhaust housing. they mate together and the water passages are o ringed. I think I might be getting some water leakage the way mine is set up. If you have any other pictures of the exhaust and turbo housing plumbing it would be appreciated. I wasn't suggesting yours was incorrect.

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
The water that comes out of the top of the gentry exhaust housing and loops to the tailpipes. Do you have a pic of yours so I can see what's different?

oldschool

Reaction score
DSC04437.JPG This is the only one I could find. Water comes out of water pump into exhaust manifold then up and out the exhaust housing into block then out the motor into the tailpipes.

Deangang

v-drive row member
Reaction score
How many lbs of boost are you feeding her ?

Darren

Deangang

v-drive row member
Reaction score
That should peel the wig back when you tickle the throttle :thumbsup can't wait to hear it .

FrznJim

Reaction score
Great ride with Marc tonight with his new power. Major torque and acceleration. Makes my purple boat look like a slug...Thanks for the ride.

BUSTI

Reaction score
Great ride with Marc tonight with his new power. Major torque and acceleration. Makes my purple boat look like a slug...Thanks for the ride.

Pictures or it didn't happen. :)

tony

Reaction score
Great looking ride! I can't wait until my shits done!!

BUSTI

Reaction score
Well I guess it happened. Looks good. I'm sure it pulls hard. Will there now be a gear change needed?

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Well I guess it happened. Looks good. I'm sure it pulls hard. Will there now be a gear change needed?

I'm leaving the 45's in it for now. It's really fun to drive right now. Just gonna play with some props

BUSTI

Reaction score
I'm leaving the 45's in it for now. It's really fun to drive right now. Just gonna play with some props

So what RPM does it stop making power at? Does it now spin more RPM?

Backlash

Reaction score
Looks beautiful! Congratulations on the new power! If you can see through the tears of joy, wave at the peeps at Castle Rock for me! :D

28skater

Reaction score
Lookin good how about a video of you parking and pulling out of Foxes mine has no steering at idle :grumble:

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Lookin good how about a video of you parking and pulling out of Foxes mine has no steering at idle :grumble:

None of them will have steering at idle with external rudder. You might as well have a jet boat! [emoji6]