WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alpine SPR M70

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I was recently planning on using the JL MX770 however when tied up in Steamboat this weekend, the person tied up to my right (34 Advantage Party Cat) and to my left (Hallett 290) were both running these Alpine speakers. They were the both of the best sound systems I have heard in a boat. Super clear, clean and crisp.

What I find odd is that I find the exact same speakers online for sale between $150 and $299 a pair however when I read the descriptions, they are all exactly the same. I am going to assume that different sellers are just selling them for different prices? Amazon had them ranging from the same price range as well.
Untitled.jpg

Also, both boats were running the same head unit which is pretty much obsolete from what I can find however I am sure if I look hard enough, I can find one. My other question is this - The head unit shouldn't matter all that much as I'd imagine I can tune it as best as I want from the amps?
h500CDA118M-f-1.jpeg

Any advice or opinions is greatly appreciated.

Reaper1

Reaction score
I would make sure that the seller is an authorized dealer and they can honor the factory warranty. Be careful on Ebay, some of that equipment may be refurbished and not brand new.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with the Alpine amp and sub, and JL speakers I put in my boat. I bought the cheaper stuff from Amazon and another vendor.. It all seems legit, and not refurb stuff.

Sonic electronics, Woofers etc. and Crutchfield had the highest prices.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I would make sure that the seller is an authorized dealer and they can honor the factory warranty. Be careful on Ebay, some of that equipment may be refurbished and not brand new.

Yeah, not that they need to be truthful, but I am going to ask the sellers if they are new or refurb.

I had a similar experience with the Alpine amp and sub, and JL speakers I put in my boat. I bought the cheaper stuff from Amazon and another vendor.. It all seems legit, and not refurb stuff.

Sonic electronics, Woofers etc. and Crutchfield had the highest prices.

This is good to hear. For $150, if they suck or are refurb or whatever, I'll just throw them in the truck :thumbsup

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Just in case anyone reading this was wondering, both sellers on Amazon and two on eBay both stated items were brand new, not refurbished and sealed in original packaging. Will be ordering a few sets on Amazon this week.