WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Article: Nordic Acquires Hallett

l84theriv

Reaction score
Great write up RD! So does anyone no the story of how Hallett got its name out of Barron Fiberglass???

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Great write up RD! So does anyone no the story of how Hallett got its name out of Barron Fiberglass???

Here ya go :)
Baron Boats built fiberglass versions of Hallett Boats back in the late 50s
Rich Hallett was a master wood boat maker/builder and he first arranged for Nick Barron to do this in exchange for a ?free? fiberglass hull for so many Hallett designs Baron Boats made (it is rumored that it was one ?free? fiberglass hull for every seven boats built)

That made sense as Nick served a far bigger customer base. He made up to 500 boats per year since starting his business in 1957.

A few years into the royalty agreement (early 60s)
Nick bought the name Hallett from the Hallett family. While for a short time, all Baron Boats made to Hallett designs recognized that with a plaque that said ?Hallett by Barron Boat Works? ? or words to that effect. That wording and the distinction was dropped. For most of the time, however, Nick Barron was the owner/mover/shaker behind what is now called Hallett Boats.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Am I the only one that sees this whenever RD posts a link like this. Literally every one of the "can be seen here" links shows up with this 2007 nonsense.
fdbed00ce50cb20f80c5be8782429cc6.jpg

l84theriv

Reaction score
Here ya go :)
Baron Boats built fiberglass versions of Hallett Boats back in the late 50s
Rich Hallett was a master wood boat maker/builder and he first arranged for Nick Barron to do this in exchange for a ?free? fiberglass hull for so many Hallett designs Baron Boats made (it is rumored that it was one ?free? fiberglass hull for every seven boats built)

That made sense as Nick served a far bigger customer base. He made up to 500 boats per year since starting his business in 1957.

A few years into the royalty agreement (early 60s)
Nick bought the name Hallett from the Hallett family. While for a short time, all Baron Boats made to Hallett designs recognized that with a plaque that said ?Hallett by Barron Boat Works? ? or words to that effect. That wording and the distinction was dropped. For most of the time, however, Nick Barron was the owner/mover/shaker behind what is now called Hallett Boats.

Thank you sir!

l84theriv

Reaction score
To add to this thread My father has worked for Coca-cola for over 40 years and we all know they have had a deep connection with McDonalds from day one. Word has it Nick got his start in the fiberglass biz building those round red and yellow fiberglass tables that we sat at as kids eating our cheese burgers and fries. Myth or not....I dont know.

guest hs

Reaction score
I think there is a little left out of the story here how Nick ended up with the Hallett name from what I have been told from Richard Hallett Jr.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Hallett by Barron Boats is what the stiching read.

Also yes to making fiberglass tables and umbrellas for McD's.

Blownbillybob

Reaction score
Vector mold has always been at Hallett that'll be going to Nordic as well

I jus called Hallett on Monday to try and get some info on my 1988 vector I jus purchased and he said they haven't made one in 15 + or - yrs and the records for those builds are long gone????

That sucks. U would think they would keep records for those builds being the hull that they are!!!!
😡😡😡😡😡😡

I've shown my boat to Harlan Orrin already and he has helped with some info on the boats but jus wanted some solid info on mine??

Dodgers88

Reaction score
Not used to seeing the 400-T I rigged outside of Hallett boats, glad to see the rest of the boat getting finished and look forward to possibly testing with the boys at Nordic early next week

funkcity

Reaction score
I wonder what the real selling price was. ( 300k+-ish on the forums ?) Considering that the cost of a new Hallett is not trivial, the numbers bandied about here are very low.
For the family to cash-out after saying they wouldn't upon Nick's death it had to be a considerable amount.
And yes it's a perfect time for Hallett's own discussion forum. Truly a shock from a company that seemed to weather the recession better than most of the custom builders.