AZ GOP Rep Trent Franks is resigning?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Rep. Trent Franks to resign after discussing surrogacy with female staffers

By RACHAEL BADE, KYLE CHENEY and ELENA SCHNEIDER

12/07/2017 05:02 PM EST

Updated 12/07/2017 06:50 PM EST

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Rep. Trent Franks announced that he would resign from office as of Jan. 31, 2018, after discussing surrogacy issues with female staffers.

"I have recently learned that the Ethics Committee is reviewing an inquiry regarding my discussion of surrogacy with two previous female subordinates, making each feel uncomfortable," he said in a statement. "I deeply regret that my discussion of this option and process in the workplace caused distress.
The Arizona Republican’s announcement shocked Capitol Hill. Franks has been a vocal social conservative since being elected to Congress in 2002, and has authored numerous anti-abortion legislation. He is married with twins.

Franks is the third lawmaker to announce plans to resign this week as the furor over sexual harassment sweeps Capitol Hill. He will be the first Republican to vacate his post amid the growing scandal.

Rep. John Conyers, a Democrat from Michigan, resigned Tuesday after 52 years in office following reports that he paid off a former staffer alleging he sexually harassed her. Sen. Al Franken announced on Thursday he would resign in the coming weeks following allegations he groped or forcibly kissed seven women.

Before coming to Washington, the 60-year-old former business owner served one term in the Arizona House of Representatives in the mid-1980s. He also ran the Family Research Institute and worked as the director of the Arizona Governor’s Office for Children.

The surprise resignation will prompt a special election in Franks' red-tinted 8th District in the western suburbs of Phoenix, which President Donald Trump carried by 21 points in 2016.

Several names have already been floated by local Republican operatives as potential special election candidates, including former Gov. Jan Brewer, Maricopa County Supervisor Clint Hickman, Peoria Mayor Cathy Carlat, state Sen. Debbie Lesko and state Sen. Kimberly Yee.

Franks had already drawn a Democratic opponent, Hiral Tipirneni, who raised more than $165,000 during the third quarter of 2017 — more than the incumbent.

“It’s a safe Republican district on paper, but what type of Republican that emerges here – is it more of a pro-business establishment type or is it a deep red Freedom Caucus person, is still yet to be determined,” said Chip Scutari, a Republican consultant based in Arizona.

I don't buy this story...

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Yes he is resigning.
He was discussing surrogacy with female staffers, lol.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yes he is resigning.
He was discussing surrogacy with female staffers, lol.
I wonder if the trumpkins over on the Al Franken lynching thread will make it over to this thread and say the same things...:D

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I literally lmfao at you guys that think Trump and Moore did not do what they are accused of, let alone the ends you’ll go to defend them.

fmo24

Reaction score
Was he asking them to be the surrogate?

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if the trumpkins over on the Al Franken lynching thread will make it over to this thread and say the same things...:D
This guy is a evangelical Christian, maybe he thought surrogacy was not improper under the circumstances.
:p:D

500bbc

Reaction score

You mean like he's a turd that said something inappropriate but doesn't deserve to be forced out of office, although he never should have been in office in the first place because he's a turd licking lackey that was fraudulently put in office and only votes the way he's told.

Is that want you mean?:p

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Hahahahaha.................look who are coming out from under their rocks!!! :confused:

Fry his ass too. And you morons say he isn't getting anything done?

Go slinkies, go........................

fish under rock .gif

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Hahahahaha.................look who are coming out from under their rocks!!! :confused:

Fry his ass too. And you morons say he isn't getting anything done?

Go slinkies, go........................

View attachment 606566
I’ve been traveling all week or else I’d be giving you shit all day long. ;)

Enen

Reaction score
Dr. Hiral Tipernini and my wife are friends. Didn't know she was a Democrat. :D

Last edited:

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder what method Franks proposed to the women for inserting the sperm?
:p

jet496

Reaction score
Personally, I hope every single politician gets prosecuted for any crimes they committed. I don't give a fuck if it's Trump, his staff or whoever the tards are going after just as long as Hillary, Obama & their croonies get their day in court too. God knows they're all guilty of some serious-ass crimes.

Drain the swamp completely.

pack3tZer0

Reaction score
Here is your BFF talking about getting ribs n pussy!

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
For someone that post constantly on how badly Republicans talk about women you have a funny way of making an ass out of yourself.

Why, are you condoning his behavior because he’s a Republican?
I call them what they are, this wouldn’t get discussed here by you hypocrites unless it’s a Dem doing something dirty.

pack3tZer0

Reaction score
Why, are you condoning his behavior because he’s a Republican?
I call them what they are, this wouldn’t get discussed here by you hypocrites unless it’s a Dem doing something dirty.
From that post, looks like you put the price on sex for a woman.
Here is one of your kind,
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41391640
and,
Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) is currently on trial facing federal corruption charges, which started in 2012 over allegations that he and another man were having sex with underage prostitutes.

And I'm not condoning his behavior. Here you go again.. He was looking for someone the carry his child and has a lot of money. Child bearing isn't easy, if he is in the position to pay someone well, why not? You already have him guilty, like you did Roy Moore, and now look.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
IMG_0697.JPG
and,
Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) is currently on trial facing federal corruption charges, which started in 2012 over allegations that he and another man were having sex with underage prostitutes.

And I'm not condoning his behavior. Here you go again.. He was looking for someone the carry his child and has a lot of money. Child bearing isn't easy, if he is in the position to pay someone well, why not? You already have him guilty, like you did Roy Moore, and now look.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
and,

and,

Dude, you obviously are what I said above...a fucking hypocrite that only sees it bad if a Dem is caught.

pack3tZer0

Reaction score
Dude, you obviously are what I said above...a fucking hypocrite that only sees it bad if a Dem is caught.
I've said the entire time if Roy Moore is guilty, he should drop out of the race. Allegations are just that, allegations. Since you appear to have the education of a 3rd grader, here is the definition.
Definition of allegation
1 : the act of alleging something
2 : a positive assertion especially of misconduct
  • Some former colleagues have made serious allegations against him.
; specifically : a statement by a party to a legal action of what the party undertakes to prove
3 : an assertion unsupported and by implication regarded as unsupportable

However, since the root word of allegation is allege, I'll give you that one,
Definition of allege
alleged; alleging
transitive verb
1 : to assert without proof or before proving
  • a report alleging that the company deliberately overcharged its customers
  • She is alleged to have stolen more than $50,000 over the course of several years.
2 : to bring forward as a reason or excuse
3 archaic : to adduce or bring forward as a source or autho

You ignore allegations when it comes to dems, however when allegations are proven to be false, you still keep going at it. You are unable to have a conversation and continue to deflect with childish behavior. Does riverdaves have a timeout for ol' stains?

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
And I'm not condoning his behavior. Here you go again.. He was looking for someone the carry his child and has a lot of money. Child bearing isn't easy, if he is in the position to pay someone well, why not?

It does appear that SS simply can not see the difference between discussing and offering a female a legitimate surrogate business arrangement and paying whores for grunge fucking.....it's all the same to him....

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I've said the entire time if Roy Moore is guilty, he should drop out of the race. Allegations are just that, allegations. Since you appear to have the education of a 3rd grader, here is the definition.
Definition of allegation
1 : the act of alleging something
2 : a positive assertion especially of misconduct
  • Some former colleagues have made serious allegations against him.
; specifically : a statement by a party to a legal action of what the party undertakes to prove
3 : an assertion unsupported and by implication regarded as unsupportable

However, since the root word of allegation is allege, I'll give you that one,
Definition of allege
alleged; alleging
transitive verb
1 : to assert without proof or before proving
  • a report alleging that the company deliberately overcharged its customers
  • She is alleged to have stolen more than $50,000 over the course of several years.
2 : to bring forward as a reason or excuse
3 archaic : to adduce or bring forward as a source or autho

You ignore allegations when it comes to dems, however when allegations are proven to be false, you still keep going at it. You are unable to have a conversation and continue to deflect with childish behavior. Does riverdaves have a timeout for ol' stains?
This thread is about Trent Franks, try to keep up Fife!

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
It does appear that SS simply can not see the difference between discussing and offering a female a legitimate surrogate business arrangement and paying whores for grunge fucking.....it's all the same to him....
Here comes the Trumpkin spin.
:rolleyes

pack3tZer0

Reaction score
This thread is about Trent Franks, try to keep up Fife!
When someone uses references to counterpoint your statements, you deflect again. Had fun, I'll just add you to the ignore list seeing that you're just a troll.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Ha 5k to "carry" his baby. I'll have to remember that one.

Well ya see if we go through the clinic I won't be able to pay you. But if we do it the old fashioned way then I can give the money I would have paid them to you. Whadya say? I'll give you the money after birth post dna test of course. Wonder how long it would take before they figured out I've had a vasectomy.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
EC146BBD-816C-4916-A27F-EB39120DA028.png
When someone uses references to counterpoint your statements, you deflect again. Had fun, I'll just add you to the ignore list seeing that you're just a troll.
Revelations are just breaking, chew on this idiot!

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Ha 5k to "carry" his baby. I'll have to remember that one.

Well ya see if we go through the clinic I won't be able to pay you. But if we do it the old fashioned way then I can give the money I would have paid them to you. Whadya say? I'll give you the money after birth post dna test of course. Wonder how long it would take before they figured out I've had a vasectomy.

READ: Rep. Trent Franks statement on leaving Congress
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/politics/trent-franks-leaving-congress-statement/index.html

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
What a cheesy pickup line, I’d resign in disgrace too if that went public. :p

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
You have been here less then a month and your calling inmates that have been here for years a troll. LMAO..:rolleyes:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score