WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Back on machining my billet SuperJet cases.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
attachment.php

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
That's rad!! Is it gonna take all 61x stuff or something else?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
That's rad!! Is it gonna take all 61x stuff or something else?

Yes sir. I have built these since 07 or 08. The majority of them are in freestyle boats and some in B1's.

Takes most of the factory hardware for the 61x 62t. Crank area is built larger for +10-12mm and + 16 mm stroke cranks and also a raised deck for longer rods used for the + 16mm crank.

Brings the 701 engine to 1200ccs and 200HP.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
That's badass. I wish my superjet was worth putting something like that into.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I saw a shop putting together a banshee with a billet engine. Cases, head, covers, rods, the whole 9. Almost convinced them to give me the motor when the client vanished for about 3 years.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
That's some bad ass shit there Brian! :thumbsup:D

Stock they are like 70ish HP? This adds another 130!?!?

Fuck man...that must be sick to ride!

What is your own personal Ski?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I saw a shop putting together a banshee with a billet engine. Cases, head, covers, rods, the whole 9. Almost convinced them to give me the motor when the client vanished for about 3 years.

I build a billet case for a Banshee as well. :) ;) I did that one in '04. I even did a hybrid with two Honda 250R based cylinders on it.

There was only other person I know doing it. So you might have been looking at my parts. :)

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Thanks!!

Stock is around 70 HP at 701cc. Modified stock cylinder probably 85ish with 800-900cc.

Aftermarket cylinder you can get to 1050ish cc at around 160HP. But the cases don't last, which makes the cranks not last, and factory cases sure won't contain a rod explosion.

Billet makes everything better. :)

I have a 96 B1, I am hardly good enough to kid myself that I could ride one of the standups with that kind of power.

Brian

That's some bad ass shit there Brian! :thumbsup:D

Stock they are like 70ish HP? This adds another 130!?!?

Fuck man...that must be sick to ride!

What is your own personal Ski?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Stock is around 70 HP at 701cc. Modified stock cylinder probably 85ish with 800-900cc.

Aftermarket cylinder you can get to 1050ish cc at around 160HP. But the cases don't last, which makes the cranks not last, and factory cases sure won't contain a rod explosion.

Billet makes everything better. :)

I have a 96 B1, I am hardly good enough to kid myself that I could ride one of the standups with that kind of power.

Brian
Are you the one who built them for Racers Edge?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
It's all starting to make sense. I've looked at your work and the style and obviously subject matter made me wonder if it was you who did them. I am good friends with Keith Mattoon.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
It's all starting to make sense. I've looked at your work and the style and obviously subject matter made me wonder if it was you who did them. I am good friends with Keith Mattoon.

Nice, yep that is me.

Mattoon is the only other guy I know that has done billet cases for the Banshee. I have talked to him once, right before he moved. Is he still doing them. Trick really how he did multiple add on cylinders for the Banshee.

Up until 2012 or 14 I was the only one doing billet cases for the superjet.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I'm going to bet that you know quit a few people that I do. The ATV drag deal is a pretty small group of dummies!

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
That's badass. I wish my superjet was worth putting something like that into.

I do have billet closed and Lexan flywheel covers. :)

Have you ever noticed my sig line?

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I'm going to bet that you know quit a few people that I do. The ATV drag deal is a pretty small group of dummies!

Yes sir.

Their name and their shop name escapes me at the moment, but a super cool family of drag racers that had a shop in Utah trailered a bunch of peeps at the Banshee drags using that hybrid twin set of cases I did around 2005 or 2006.

Brian

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Dennis Packard with his kids Jed and Jayce?

Kim Muchmore and his family (Randy and Rayce) from K&T are from UT also. Could have been them with a twin Liger which was CR500 based as I recall. That's a long time ago now. I'm still mildly involved, but have decided that boating is much more my thing!

KBR Kyle Baldwin Racing is from UT also and would have been around in that time period, but they were mostly 4 stroke early 450 guys.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I edited above ^

Louis Swan- twister
Erik Friend- White knuckle
Dan Hull- A&S
Calvin Pollett- RIP
Cameron Sawyer- redline racing
Slip Shot Racing- Mark Gardiner, Jade Merritt , Clay Gardiner, Buck Merritt
Charlie Ohton- PS

On and on...... Was a good time back in those times.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Kim Muchmore for sure. K&T is the shop sir. Cool people, super cool family too!!!

That motor was built on the cases I made. I heard it was crazy fast.

Dennis Packard with his kids Jed and Jayce?

Kim Muchmore and his family (Randy and Rayce) from K&T are from UT also. Could have been them with a twin Liger which was CR500 based as I recall. That's a long time ago now. I'm still mildly involved, but have decided that boating is much more my thing!

KBR Kyle Baldwin Racing is from UT also and would have been around in that time period, but they were mostly 4 stroke early 450 guys.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Eric worked there for a time.

I edited above ^

Louis Swan- twister
Erik Friend- White knuckle
Dan Hull- A&S
Calvin Pollett- RIP
Cameron Sawyer- redline racing
Slip Shot Racing- Mark Gardiner, Jade Merritt , Clay Gardiner, Buck Merritt
Charlie Ohton- PS

On and on...... Was a good time back in those times.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
LOL..... crazy how small the world is!

Yes, K&T is still very much alive! They are huge in the SxS game. Erik sold white knuckle, worked for Dasa for awhile and now owns a shop in Havasu. I have not been on RDP for long but it's amazing of its power and connections! I will make it back to Havasu next year (have not been since 2004) and hope to connect with a few from here and you are one! Probably not everyday that someone throws out Racers Edge in a random thread! Carry on!

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
LOL..... crazy how small the world is!

Yes, K&T is still very much alive! They are huge in the SxS game. Erik sold white knuckle, worked for Dasa for awhile and now owns a shop in Havasu. I have not been on RDP for long but it's amazing of its power and connections! I will make it back to Havasu next year (have not been since 2004) and hope to connect with a few from here and you are one! Probably not everyday that someone throws out Racers Edge in a random thread! Carry on!

Redacted and reprimanded in the side of his neck, twice. :) I don't believe I brought them up, you did. :)

Yes sir, this site reaches pretty far. Good group of peeps.

I am glad K&T are doing good, I have not talked to them in some time, but they were good peeps.

I hope Erik is doing well also, I haven't seen or heard from him since '12.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA.......... Pretty fucked up industry isn't it!

Not a fucked up industry, just fucked up people. I wish we were still in the wild west. I would have taken care of him proper like. :)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Final boring on the mains today. Has been a nervewrackin day to say the least.

Could jack EVERYTHING up on the last operation.

Brian

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Fuck, racers edge and fuck, dasa and fuck, that cocksucker dan in the side of his neck, twice. :) I don't believe I brought them up, you did. :)

Yes sir, this site reaches pretty far. Good group of peeps.

I am glad K&T are doing good, I have not talked to them in some time, but they were good peeps.

I hope Erik is doing well also, I haven't seen or heard from him since '12.

Dasa is a pretty well respected business in the UTV world Brian.

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Dasa is a pretty well respected business in the UTV world Brian.

RD

:thumbsdown:thumbsdown

Considering Ive known the man for 30 + years and ran and managed his CNC shop for the last 8 of those 30+, I think I am well fucking qualified to make that statement. :)

Fuck him with a sharp stick.

With all due respect, this is one of those cases where you have no idea what you are talking about. You only know what you have been told. :)

Brian

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Considering Ive known the man for 30 + years and ran and managed his CNC shop for 7 of those 30+, I think I am well fucking qualified to make that statement. :)

this is one of those cases where you have no idea what you are talking about. You only know what you have been told.

Brian

[emoji15]

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Considering Ive known the man for 30 + years and ran and managed his CNC shop for 7 of those 30+, I think I am well fucking qualified to make that statement. :)

this is one of those cases where you have no idea what you are talking about. You only know what you have been told.

Brian

Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Considering Ive known the man for 30 + years and ran and managed his CNC shop for the last 8 of those 30+, I think I am well fucking qualified to make that statement. :)

With all due respect, this is one of those cases where you have no idea what you are talking about. You only know what you have been told. :)

Brian

and what would that be?

SLT Kota

Reaction score
Could jack EVERYTHING up on the last operation.

Brian

Got any jacked up ones you want to sell? :D

A billet SJ case is my kind of art, it would make a nice centerpiece in my dining room :champagne:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Got any jacked up ones you want to sell? :D

A billet SJ case is my kind of ART, it would make a nice centerpiece :champagne:

Of course. I have been making them since 2007. Sadly I have a few.

I made some changes and this run and I scrapped two in the process.

SLT Kota

Reaction score
Of course. I have been making them since 2007. Sadly I have a few.

I made some changes and this run and I scrapped two in the process.

How much? To be honest I have zero use for one other than garage art but still would love to have one for a conversation piece. Seems like a good way to piss off a future girlfriend too :D

My 650 former race ski is enough to scare me, I couldn't imagine a 1200!

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
How much? To be honest I have zero use for one other than garage art but still would love to have one for a conversation piece. Seems like a good way to piss off a future girlfriend too :D

My 650 former race ski is enough to scare me, I couldn't imagine a 1200!

Me either. Id have to ride it in a Blaster, I don't have the skills to ride even a modest standup. :)

When I was a bachelor, I had my whole top end for my alloy INDY 547 in the living room in my house assembled on a table. Heads, valve covers, tunnel ram, dual dominators, upswept headers.

It was pretty awesome. I still miss that house. :)

I would have to think about selling a scrap set of cases. I use them for R&D and they are worth more than scrap to me.

I appreciate the interest, I'll have to consider your offer.

Brian

SLT Kota

Reaction score
No worries, I'd asked because it sounded like you were literally throwing them in the scrap pile.

As I said before, beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
No worries, I'd asked because it sounded like you were literally throwing them in the scrap pile.

As I said before, beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

I feel like it sometimes. Frustrating sometimes.

Thanks for the kind words.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Anodize is supposed to be ready in an hour, stay tuned.

I always get anxious and apprehensive with this part.

Brian