WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Barstow broke my truck

3.Slow

Reaction score
Well, I broke my truck, but in my defense, the whoop sections out there are no joke. I was staying out at the Slash X this weekend and runnin the truck pretty hard, late Friday night I returned to camp only to find I had lost both my spare tires out on the trail somewhere, headed out Saturday morning on a tire hunt, not more than a mile outside Slash X in a rough section and the truck starts jurking and a loud noise from my rear end, pulled over to check it out. Turns out thats what happens when you break off half of your pinion gear. Left the truck on the trail and continued the tire search, found the tires :D then had to catch a ride all the way back to Eastvale, pick up the dually and trailer, and drive back up to retrieve the truck. If you havent ever tried driving a truck up on a trailer with half a pinion gear, its not fun :( all in all, could have been a lot worse, and if you dont break something every now and then your not drivin hard enough. Ill post pics of the carnage when I pull the gears.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Snap my leg in three places in the whoops about where you're talking about during a Hare & Hound event.

They're no joke lol

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Yah that whoop section is no joke. I messed my front end going to slash x

3.Slow

Reaction score
Finally getting around to fixing the Ranger, scored an 8.8 with 4.10LS from the local junkyard on Black Friday for $200. It came out of an explorer which have spring under, so last night I finally got around to setting up the new spring perches. Hopefully I can get the brake lines set up tonight and be back in the dirt by sat. A few pics of my progress last night

The old 7.5"
IMG_1770.jpg

The new 8.8"
IMG_1768.jpg

Perches welded up
IMG_1769.jpg

Almost ready to roll
IMG_1771.jpg
IMG_1772.jpg