WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best Wax For Gel Coat??

Brushskinz

Reaction score
I have a 97 Hallett Vector... Shines good but has some minor scratches. What should I use? I don't want to do a color sand due to its age....

oldschool

Reaction score
untitled.jpg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I have a 97 Hallett Vector... Shines good but has some minor scratches. What should I use? I don't want to do a color sand due to its age....

A 97,that's not that old:grumble: :D

Do you know the history of the boat or if it's been color sanded in the past?
If there's nothing major some 3000 grit on the worst spots and a good compound buffing should have that thing looking damn near new.
That's one of the great aspects of gelcoat.I've seen 20-30 year old boats roll in looking chalky and dull and roll out shining like a new penny.The stuff is sprayed pretty thick,you should have room to sand and buff minor scratches away.

shueman

Reaction score
Buff it shiny then Zymol...100% carnuba...

Brushskinz

Reaction score
A 97,that's not that old:grumble: :D

Do you know the history of the boat or if it's been color sanded in the past?
If there's nothing major some 3000 grit on the worst spots and a good compound buffing should have that thing looking damn near new.
That's one of the great aspects of gelcoat.I've seen 20-30 year old boats roll in looking chalky and dull and roll out shining like a new penny.The stuff is sprayed pretty thick,you should have room to sand and buff minor scratches away.

I don't.... I might try the carnuba...