WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bimini cleaning suggestions

moneyfurnothin

Reaction score
At 120 degrees, I decided I'd use the Bimini last weekend. It's primarily white and is filthy. How do you clean them? I don't see a way to take the material off with out cutting the stitching. Is there a mobile detailer that can open it up and clean it on the rails? If so, how much and when can you do it. Boat stored in havasu.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
At 120 degrees, I decided I'd use the Bimini last weekend. It's primarily white and is filthy. How do you clean them? I don't see a way to take the material off with out cutting the stitching. Is there a mobile detailer that can open it up and clean it on the rails? If so, how much and when can you do it. Boat stored in havasu.

Unless your brackets are welded on you should be able to take the actual frame apart. Not an easy task but not impossible. Then just slide it off

renodaytona

Reaction score
Like t&y said it should slide off, I just did mine. Just toss it in the washing machine and hang dry, it's kind if a pain but totally worth it.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Another possibility is to remove whole thing from boat and pressure wash. Just take and soak it, then use spray bottle with soap to get all soapy then pressure wash. Worst case it's a wast of an hour but cheap.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Unless your brackets are welded on you should be able to take the actual frame apart. Not an easy task but not impossible. Then just slide it off

X2 just did mine. Raise it and strap down one side. On the other side there are screws you can remove. Mine wasn't easy because they were lock tited. Slide the Bimini off one side. Run it through the laundry a couple times. Make sure when installing you clean the dirty pole ends!!! Re lock tite

Mine looked brand new when I did it. 9 year old Bimini. IMG_4933.jpg IMG_4935.jpg IMG_4932.jpg

wzuber

Reaction score
always a good idea to apply a nice coat of scotch gard to the exterior to help prevent staining etc. between washes. You can do the same with your canvas boat covers too.

HavaToon

Reaction score
always a good idea to apply a nice coat of scotch gard to the exterior to help prevent staining etc. between washes. You can do the same with your canvas boat covers too.

This works wonders and is recommended by sunbrella IMG_4732.jpg