WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Candy or Boat Bling ???

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Looking for a good spray to wipe the boat down at the end of the day. Its new gelcoat, just want to keep it looking that way. RD likes PBC, it appears to be about 10 bucks more a gallon than BB. Any thoughts ???

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I been using Boat Bling at the boat launch, good stuff . Haven't tried the Boat Candy.
For a nice detail spray I like to use Adams- detail spray
www.adamspolishes.com/

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
I have used both. I personally think Hot sauce works better. Seems on pb candy it leaves a sheen and you have to go back again with the microfiber. Hot sauce one wipe and you're done.

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
I use and love boat bling products. I have friends that use boat bling. I think both are a quality product.

Hot Sauce is the best spot remover IMO. You know how fast the boat can dry out at the river, and Hot Sauce still just takes the spots right off. (even works well on the shower door).

I will say this, I do not believe there is a "miracle" product. For any of these products to work, keeping a good coat of wax on your boat is the first step.

Singleton

Reaction score
Use both. Hot Sauce for a quick clean after the day on the lake and Boat Candy after the weekend. IMO boat work great on hard water spots, but BC requires a second wipe down to remove the sheen if you spray it on heavy. I also start the year with a full detail and use Leverage every 3rd or 4th trip.

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Only product I have used is Boat Bling, thats what I recommend. Patrick is a member here, a fellow boater, so I have always used his products......

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
On a side note when I run out of hot sauce and I'm nowhere around a dealer I have used the meguires spray detail bottle and it also works pretty damn good. A big bottle at walmart usually around 5 or 6 bucks. Works really well.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I like hot sauce, the boat candy leaves a film that you have to go back and wipe it again. They say it's wax that you need to buff off but if I wanted to wax my boat i would have waxed it. Plus Saucedaddy is on here and provides great service like a supply drop off at my office on Friday.

sirbob

Reaction score
On a side note when I run out of hot sauce and I'm nowhere around a dealer I have used the meguires spray detail bottle and it also works pretty damn good. A big bottle at walmart usually around 5 or 6 bucks. Works really well.

I like the Megiures auto spray - I found the boat stuff leaves a oily residue. The marine stuff gets the spots off easier but I think they are really just covering them with the oily film, not really getting them off. The auto stuff is a little harder to use but leaves the boat feeling like it was just waxed.

The oily residue gets smeered and leaves finger prints and marks if you touch it after you wipe it down.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I use

05172C68D68F3ADE74CB4C9725ED03FA.gif

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
Driven! Stuff works great! No oily film, single wipe action, no vinegar after smell...

robby dmax

Reaction score
I also like the Driven for the light spots..works good....the hot sauce is pretty hard to beat..
The driven marine wax is pretty hard to beat..for wax

dschifan

Reaction score
Driven! Stuff works great! No oily film, single wipe action, no vinegar after smell...

X2. Been using this stuff for years love it and a 1/4 price of these other sprays ! Use it on the truck too!

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
I have used both. I personally think Hot sauce works better. Seems on pb candy it leaves a sheen and you have to go back again with the microfiber. Hot sauce one wipe and you're done.

Use both. Hot Sauce for a quick clean after the day on the lake and Boat Candy after the weekend. IMO boat work great on hard water spots, but BC requires a second wipe down to remove the sheen if you spray it on heavy. I also start the year with a full detail and use Leverage every 3rd or 4th trip.

I like hot sauce, the boat candy leaves a film that you have to go back and wipe it again. They say it's wax that you need to buff off but if I wanted to wax my boat i would have waxed it. Plus Saucedaddy is on here and provides great service like a supply drop off at my office on Friday.

We have seen this result in applications where a liberal amount of product is used on the surface of the boat or when the towel becomes saturated with product so that it is no longer absorbed when wiping.

I recommend using a dry microfiber towel and/or less product...that should take care of the hazing during the first wipe.

Our focal point for Speed Gloss is UV protection that comes naturally from the carnauba wax, in addtion to the added UV inhibitors, which are designed to prevent oxidation and gelcoat degradation. Sometimes these proprietary ingredients will produce a "sheen" or "haze" in the conditions I stated above.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me directly via email.

[email protected]

-Tim

IinsureU

aka 'Insman'
Reaction score
The good news is there is lots of good products out there and I go back and forth between many for a host of different applications that include boat, car, home and so on. I don't think i could ever do without Hotsauce, let me be clear on that. i also use Boat Bling, Adam's, Chemical Guys, Leverage and even Ducky's. Oddly enough, Ducky's is the only thing that will work on my swim step. I think at the end of the day, all these products do well in specific applications and also do usually well across the board, just have to try out many and see what works best for your gel, paint, application and so on.