WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boy Do I Need Help

BDOG

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for reviews of the American Offshore 28' deck boat and not finding a whole lot. What kind of quality do they produce ? Has it delaminated or other quality issues? I found one for sale and not real familiar with them , so just trying to get a feel where they stand and what problems are built into the boat , thinner than normal glass , stress cracks, etc.
After I drove 500 miles to look at a boat (other brand) ,only to find the deck was wood covered with carpet, I am reading more and more before I buy the next boat. I have already had the floor delaminate in one boat. Can you mentally guess this builder ?
As not to bash this builder, you may reply to my email [email protected] so we don't drag anyone through the mud.
Thanks in advance

relaxalot

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for reviews of the American Offshore 28' deck boat and not finding a whole lot. What kind of quality do they produce ? Has it delaminated or other quality issues? I found one for sale and not real familiar with them , so just trying to get a feel where they stand and what problems are built into the boat , thinner than normal glass , stress cracks, etc.
After I drove 500 miles to look at a boat (other brand) ,only to find the deck was wood covered with carpet, I am reading more and more before I buy the next boat. I have already had the floor delaminate in one boat. Can you mentally guess this builder ?
As not to bash this builder, you may reply to my email [email protected] so we don't drag anyone through the mud.
Thanks in advance
buy a Howard!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Thanks in advance

American offshore is good boat... not the best.middle of the road build.. the cheetah fast cat is bottom line,... 1/3 the cost of the others...so they hold the best value... the floors are plywood as is most all the pontoons....

if you do have problems with the deck on the fast cats... it's and easy fix that can be done your self...

the cheetah wild cat has a fiberglass inner liner as does the American ooffshore...

although the cheetah wild cat has the best 26' bottom and performs the best power to power of all 26'rs...it is built to be affordable...

about 50 grand cheeper than it's compeditors...

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Go to maxed out marine. Dave just gave a review on the one the have for sale. Seems to be a pretty nice boat.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The American Offshore is built surprisingly well. The hull was very rigid, and had very little flex (which plagues a lot of the deck boats out there). As Steve said It isn't the top of the line end all be all, but it's got a lot of great hardware in it, and I think there's a lot of value in the boat for the price.

RD

Goodtime$

Reaction score
It all depends on the years. The original American Offshore boats were built in Texas and extremely light with marginal build standards. All white gel coat.

The new American Offshore Boats since 2009 have been built in Southern California to our standards which is much higher.
2600AO, 2800 Deck (Conquest style) , 2900 Deck have been built here. No 3100 or 3700 Cats have been built yet.

They did purchase the 28 Raptor Cat tools from Rocky and have plans to build a hull soon. Hope that helps.

If it is white- texas
If newer then 2009 with full gel coat- california