WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

buffer ??

nrbr

Reaction score
I've got a long term boat project that I'm finally ready to drop in the water when weather will permit. I'd like to polish the deck one more time. It's all new gel coat with some paint graphics. My question is how do the pros keep from flinging the polish all over the upholstery and carpet?? Do I have to mask all that off?

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Put it on the pad and smear it around a little.....pop the throttle a couple of times before you go full throttle.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Use a painters drop cloth to cover the whole interrior and just mask the edge.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If it's just polishing you use a foam pad.. Spray water on it (one spray or two). Then five pea sized drops on the pad. Blot the polish around the area to spread it.. Then go over it with a dual action. It makes zero mess.

Image1464946649.677514.jpg

I'll post up videos tomorrow

YZFRider

Reaction score
People tend to use to much compound, if it slings after smearing then you are using to much.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sorry for never following up on the videos.. I polished my caddy and forgot to take them.. That said if you click the front page button and then click tutorials there is an entire video series on how to cut and buff boats

H20Advantage

Reaction score
Sorry for never following up on the videos.. I polished my caddy and forgot to take them.. That said if you click the front page button and then click tutorials there is an entire video series on how to cut and buff boats

Where did the tutorials go? I was looking for the recent one showing the cutting compound with a buffer demo

wzuber

Reaction score
??? maybe detailing industry peeps complained and they took'em down??? IDK...would be nice to have some tho. :(