WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Building a new cage for the Rzr Xp

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Would you say the Alba kit is worth the money? Even better question....would you do it again if you were starting over?

Can I answer that next week? For the dunes yes absolutely worth the $1200. For all around desert riding I need to see how this intake deal works out. The uni's alone don't cut it and Alba knows it so they are working on a fix. If they can get the ump setup or similar, to work and flow good numbers and can get the price down to around $1600 or so for the kit and intake then I think they will have a huge hit on their hands. The next closest thing to making this much power is a big bore kit or turbo and those still have the dust issue and cost $3k to $5k. Give me a call and we can talk more specifics and I'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Chris

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Loving the XP so far. The Alba Stage II kit produced very noticable power, Alba dyno showed 80 hp at the wheels on my XP, and it was still very drivable. Started and idled like stock but pinned you in the seat when you pin it. TOns of low end power and bouncing off the rev limiter at 74 to 75mph with ease. Only down side it the filter set-up for dusty desert rides. Even with Uni's and outerwears, still sucked some dirt into the motor, think it it may have been a mistake in the rush to make the New Years trip and a set of non-oiled filters went on. Hurt the rings, Alba is steppig up and taking care of it at no cost since they were the last ones to touch it before the trip. For desert guys there needs to be an air box to protect against super fine silt/dust. UMP has a new set-up for the xp that looks promising, Alba is getting one in this week to test the flow numbers against the stock air box, which is know to leak on the bottom. Hopefully it flows good numbers, protects better than stock and can work in conjunction with the Alba kit. Only it's $500 :(

http://www.sxsperformance.com/Product/454/Unique-Metal-Products-UMP-RZR-XP-Air-Filter.aspx

For Glamis, the K&N's with outerwears seem to be working well, even the turbo guys are not having any issues. So we will see how the UMP set-up works and then I will have to decide if it is worth the $$ and how much HP loss there is. Oh the pride of ownership:grumble:

Chris

I had a problem with my air cleaners under the bed... ate the rings and had to go big bore...

I built this set up and no more dirty air cleaners....

rzr xp 900,king shocks,amr grafics,triplex seats - YouTube

dschifan

Reaction score
Can I answer that next week? For the dunes yes absolutely worth the $1200. For all around desert riding I need to see how this intake deal works out. The uni's alone don't cut it and Alba knows it so they are working on a fix. If they can get the ump setup or similar, to work and flow good numbers and can get the price down to around $1600 or so for the kit and intake then I think they will have a huge hit on their hands. The next closest thing to making this much power is a big bore kit or turbo and those still have the dust issue and cost $3k to $5k. Give me a call and we can talk more specifics and I'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Chris

the alba kit i take it voids the warranty on the car? if you put it back to stock and took it to the dealer would they be able to know? My xp motor is stock as of now and have had zero issues with the airbox in dusty conditions with the stock filter.

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
the alba kit i take it voids the warranty on the car? if you put it back to stock and took it to the dealer would they be able to know? My xp motor is stock as of now and have had zero issues with the airbox in dusty conditions with the stock filter.

Warranty with Polaris is not really an issue with me. Alba is taking care of me. On the stock airbox the issue is the bottom of the airbox warping with heat from exhaust and letting dirt get by. Some are having issues some are not. There are screw closer on 3 sides of the stock box but not the bottom it is only a tab/slot connection, if you use a lot of grease around the lip of the filter when installing it it helps but it's not fail safe. UTV Inc. sells a spacer that helps close the gap. I never liked to stock airbox, more restrictive than I need for water and mud. I am ultimately looking for more airflow than stock and better/more consistent filtering. Hopefully the UMP set-up will do both.

Chris

dschifan

Reaction score
Warranty with Polaris is not really an issue with me. Alba is taking care of me. On the stock airbox the issue is the bottom of the airbox warping with heat from exhaust and letting dirt get by. Some are having issues some are not. There are screw closer on 3 sides of the stock box but not the bottom it is only a tab/slot connection, if you use a lot of grease around the lip of the filter when installing it it helps but it's not fail safe. UTV Inc. sells a spacer that helps close the gap. I never liked to stock airbox, more restrictive than I need for water and mud. I am ultimately looking for more airflow than stock and better/more consistent filtering. Hopefully the UMP set-up will do both.

Chris

i have been real lucky with mine but i do check my air box every trip and use alot of grease and make sure it gets a good seat when put back in. i seen that spacer on utv inc and might get that or check out the ump like you said. your cage looks awesome man great work. let me know if ya wanna make some extra cash i rather have you build me one then use a big vendor:D i would tackle it myself but don't have the room in my garage let alone a bender or a good welder. been thinking about having dg offroad in ontario do my cage, i like the look of their design.

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
Soooo....Mock....whats the prognosis with this?

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
i have been real lucky with mine but i do check my air box every trip and use alot of grease and make sure it gets a good seat when put back in. i seen that spacer on utv inc and might get that or check out the ump like you said. your cage looks awesome man great work. let me know if ya wanna make some extra cash i rather have you build me one then use a big vendor:D i would tackle it myself but don't have the room in my garage let alone a bender or a good welder. been thinking about having dg offroad in ontario do my cage, i like the look of their design.

Sorry bud totally missed your post. Thanks for the kind words about the cage....I asked the wife what she thought about me building a cage for someone else and she said great idea just make sure they have room for you to move in because she would be kicking my a$$ out :) j/k I wish I had time, I'd love to build a few more, I have some ideas to make it better, but my job keeps getting in the way. I've seen dg's stuff, looks well built. Still like the utv inc cage the best, but they aren't cheap.

As for an update, split the cases and double checked everything in the motor just to be safe. So far so good, everything is tight and it looks like the rings to the brunt. Polaris pistons are back ordered at least a month right now so I have a set of CP pistons going in. Should be arriving tomorrow. Ump kit hasn't shown up yet for testing so maybe next week it will be all back together and on the dyno.....damn I'm starting to feel like Dave and his golf cart.....two weeks :)

Chris

dschifan

Reaction score
Sorry bud totally missed your post. Thanks for the kind words about the cage....I asked the wife what she thought about me building a cage for someone else and she said great idea just make sure they have room for you to move in because she would be kicking my a$$ out :) j/k I wish I had time, I'd love to build a few more, I have some ideas to make it better, but my job keeps getting in the way. I've seen dg's stuff, looks well built. Still like the utv inc cage the best, but they aren't cheap.

ya my wife has been a pain in my ass recently to with with my XP LOL. since the last post i did order my dg offroad radius cage. their price is crazy cheap compared to utv and the cage looks very similar. around $700 cheaper with the same accesories including roof and powder coat. So 2,500 bucks later i got me a new cage on the way, twisted stitch bench seat, and new ss108 itp wheels and duro tires on the way. dam toys are gonna kill me and sleeping on the couch all the time sucks:skull. defintely wanna hear about your ride and see when its finished!