WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Camp trailer build

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
So my dad and I have been building up our jeeps and doing some camping along the way.

We have noticed that it takes a lot of stuff to keep the family comfortable and our packing options include jam it,ram it and get it in no matter what.

So I started looking for trailers and came upon this one for a good deal. This thing is built out of 2x2 box tubing and already has an offroad hitch set up.

I negotiated a bunch of camping supplies as part of the deal and it turns out we got a bunch of cool stuff...lol

Brand new:
6 person Coleman tent
Mr heater buddy
Coleman stove
Queen fold out cot
Coleman ice chest
Ports potti
Zodi instant hot shower
Queen air mattress
Texsport deluxe shower shelter
water jugs
Air pumps
Axe
Shovel
Broom
Etc..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374705221308.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374705221308.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 90
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374705235078.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374705235078.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 94
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374705249513.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374705249513.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 94

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I'm currently in the design phase of the build.

I know I want a roof top tent with an annex for the kid/dog to sleep in. (something similar to what is pictured below)

I know I want to add a a battery and a table to cook/prepare food on.

Attachments

• 418590_10151376881238294_120579634_n.jpg
    418590_10151376881238294_120579634_n.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: TPC

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Nice set up. Looks like a lot of family fun is in your future.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Nice score on the trailer! Those top tents are pretty cool as long as they are solid...

We are trying to decide on a trailer to carry tent and gear vs. a small teardrop trailer the JKU can tow vs. a P/U pop up for the truck and flat tow the JKU vs. all the other options.....:(

LomitaBob

Reaction score
Nice score on the trailer! Those top tents are pretty cool as long as they are solid...

We are trying to decide on a trailer to carry tent and gear vs. a small teardrop trailer the JKU can tow vs. a P/U pop up for the truck and flat tow the JKU vs. all the other options.....:(

the wife and I have been having the same discussion.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

There dosent seem to be a perfect option that fits withing my needs and budget.

I know I don't want to spend all day setting up and packing up camp

I know my jeep dosent have enough roof for all the stuff I need

I know my jeep won't tow over say 3,000 lbs

I know I don't have enough $$$ for a motorhome and car hauler trailer

I don't want a camper on my wifes daily driver

This seems like a good happy medium that will keep the kid happy and comfortable.

If I had an extra diesel lying around and some $$$ I would probably do a nice cab over camper and a trailer to tow the jeep.

D

Deleted Account

My ARB tent should show up this Friday. I can take A LOT of gear once mine gets all fabbed up.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
We picked up a 10 X 10 tent at Costco two weeks ago. A lil pricey but boy does this thing set up quickly! Poles are knee jointed and attached so all you do is stake the four corners and pull up the center! Add the rain fly to the snap buckles at the corners and Viola! done :D

Ps, I didn't think you had to worry about a budget ;)

After 17 years or so of Cubscouts and Boyscouts, you learn to pack lightly and repurpose things to keep the volume down....We are looking for a Smokin' deal on an ARB refrig though....:rolleyes

Fortunately the wife's daily driver is a convertible Corvette so the truck is the spare...

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We picked up a 10 X 10 tent at Costco two weeks ago. A lil pricey but boy does this thing set up quickly! Poles are knee jointed and attached so all you do is stake the four corners and pull up the center! Add the rain fly to the snap buckles at the corners and Viola! done :D

Ps, I didn't think you had to worry about a budget ;)

After 17 years or so of Cubscouts and Boyscouts, you learn to pack lightly and repurpose things to keep the volume down....We are looking for a Smokin' deal on an ARB refrig though....:rolleyes

Fortunately the wife's daily driver is a convertible Corvette so the truck is the spare...

Look at you going all fancy...lol

Next thing you know you will serve dinner on paper plates vs eating straight from the pan:D:eek::cool:

How did the jeep do on gold mtn?

Where's the pics with the new gear?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
"Going all fancy" ----Hello Pot :p

No paper plates or cups - all re-usable so we don't harm the environment...Always leave a campsite cleaner than you found it :thumbsup

Gold Mtn was great except in one spot that was really dug up from F/Fest and the rain didnt help traction on the rocks. It gave everyone a hard time but we all made it.

Had to send all the toys back to the powdercoater - we picked the wrong color (or the coater did :rolleyes). It is all test fitted and ready to go when it gets back next week. Bob promised to bring his nutsetter over and help...did he mean you or the tool? :D

ROZ

Reaction score
Speaking of Costc... MissB invited a friend who came out to martinez last thanksgiving with a JK and had a lifted camping trailer similar to what you have there Brandon. He bought it from Costco. The covered top on folded to create a flat deck on top of the trailer for a 10 by 10 tent. It was pretty sick. It had plenty of storage.

You guys might know him. He goes by viking ginger on one of the day Jk or Jeep forums

It was a cool setup.

sheeeit

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Speaking of Costc... MissB invited a friend who came out to martinez last thanksgiving with a JK and had a lifted camping trailer similar to what you have there Brandon. He bought it from Costco. The covered top on folded to create a flat deck on top of the trailer for a 10 by 10 tent. It was pretty sick. It had plenty of storage.

You guys might know him. He goes by viking ginger on one of the day Jk or Jeep forums

It was a cool setup.

sheeeit
This one?

http://www.costco.com/Lifetime®-Camping-Tent-Trailer.product.11752397.html

D

Deleted Account

It was a cool setup.

sheeeit

MissB is always bringing strange Jeepers along, LOL!:D:D:D

ROZ

Reaction score

I remembered it appear different but I could be wrong. Instead of the sides folding up, the sides folded in flat on top . that's where he put stuff like firewood and such. I don't believe it was a lower floor either. I believe after the two halves on folded from the center of the trailer it created a platform that went all the way across.

I'll look at his Facebook page to see what I can find

sheeeit

ROZ

Reaction score
MissB is always bringing strange Jeepers along, LOL!:D:D:D

Like bringing home stray pets, dude! Lol

Last weekend we were driving paradise and wife and scouters wife from martinez to meers point at 2am and B sees a kid walking back from the bar with no flashlight. She made us give him a ride to where we were turning off the main dirt road! Lol

Her heart is in the right place..lol

River karma :D

sheeeit

D

Deleted Account

Like bringing home stray pets, dude! Lol

Last weekend we were driving paradise and wife and scouters wife from martinez to meers point at 2am and B sees a kid walking back from the bar with no flashlight. She made us give him a ride to where we were turning off the main dirt road! Lol

Her heart is in the right place..lol

River karma :D

Good things happen, when your driving the Lower River Suburban, LOL.:D:D:D

ROZ

Reaction score
Here it is, but I think it has larger tires now...

vamydera.jpg
age6uhe6.jpg

sheeeit