• Welcome to River Dave's Place

Can Am X3 RS Max

Discussion in 'Custom Offroad Builds' started by River Lynchmob, Oct 18, 2017.

1. River Lynchmob

River Lynchmob What can I do to u for u?

The thing is a beast. Way faster than it needs to be and ate up everything i threw at it. I was really cautious at first, just wanted to get used to the car and figure out its capabilities for a bit.

The 1st night out we did a pretty technical trail from River Island to the Desert Bar road. Somehow I bent a mid radius arm on that run. The next morning I called Assault Industries and ordered a complete set of radius arms for the back. They showed up the next day and had it back running by mid afternoon. I took it out a bit that day...prob 30 or so miles to get used to it. Went out that night with the wife and ran up Osbourne Wash to Shea Rd and ran back along Shea Rd back toward Bradley Chevy and then back to the house. We ran along Shea about 60 or so MPH at times and I never hit anything that made me feel uncomfortable at all. I would come up on holes and back way off and hit them and barley feel it. As I got more comfortable I increased the speed and would literally float over holes. My wife's first words after we stopped after running a pretty used up section..."holy shit this thing is smooth, there is no way we could have gone that fast in the RZR".

It worked flawless the rest of the weekend. My almost 3 year old loved it...it's his new race car. The 15 month old liked it but i need to figure out how to keep him from sliding down in his seat.

BasilHayden, Joe mama and catman like this.
  2. River Lynchmob

You can't even compare the two cars unless you had long travel and Kings on a RZR. On the trails the car does not drive as big as it is and when you are running down some of the more torn up trails the extra wheel base is awesome. We headed out to the Desert Bar by 10 on Friday and when we got out there there was literally 50 to 100 people out there so it was nice riding.

Thank you, it worked great and yes there is a ton of room in these cars.

BasilHayden and catman like this.
  3. Ballsdeep

Ballsdeep Well-Known Member

Can you add a crotch strap? They also have these, you can get them without tabs works like a booster and you use your belts.
    I have 3 kids 5,3, and 18 months- its always a PIA figuring out car seats.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHILDS-OFF...m460b8ec97b:m:mXgz_f9K_OcRU3-qq_Kdnwg&vxp=mtr

4. Wizard 29

Wizard 29 Well-Known Member

Couldn’t agree with you more about the Max, best car I have ever owned or driven. I haven’t found one draw back yet.

For your 15 month old, we just ratchet strap our daughters car seat in which seems to have worked the best. She’s 3 but prefers it over the jump seats.

River Lynchmob likes this.
  5. dezertrider

dezertrider Well-Known Member

So how was driving it easy last weekend?

6. Ballsdeep

Ballsdeep Well-Known Member

We did the same and it works perfect

7. Joe mama

Joe mama Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update!
    Sounds like you made the right decision. I would love to pull the trigger on one. Yours looks so cool and sounds like it performs just as cool.

8. River Lynchmob

I have 5 point harnesses. The booster seat I had was a bit too tall to hook in the crotch strap. I need to adjust the length and I think it will be good to go.

9. River Lynchmob

It was bad ass...put about 110 miles on it with just one issue really.

10. catman

catman Well-Known Member

Lynch,
    Did you get the wrap done yet ? Would love to see some pics.Thanks

11. River Lynchmob

It's in now...dont know when it will be done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk