WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cole Trickle's Teryx Re Build

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
As many know I picked up a used 08 Teryx from Tobys buddy.

It was one of those deals that you just have to jump on. Honestly the day before I bought it I had no idea I was in the market.....lol

The car is beyond clean and I almost felt bad when I smashed a rock for the first time a couple weeks ago while out at Johnson Valley for King of The Hammers and scratched some of the powdercoating.;):D:skull

Needless to say its mine now:smackbum:

Attachments

• DSC_1887.jpg
    DSC_1887.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,559
  • ssss2009-sunday_0005.jpg
    ssss2009-sunday_0005.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 502
  • ssss2009-sunday_0006.jpg
    ssss2009-sunday_0006.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 878
  • ssss2009-sunday_0009.jpg
    ssss2009-sunday_0009.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 516

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
The car came pretty much loaded.....

Mafia +6 suspension with front shock tower
Radflow resovior shocks with dual rate springs
PRP Seats
PRP Belts
ITP Beadlocks

Procircuit Dual Exhaust
AFE Intake
Dynatec CDI
Cluth Work

I purchased a 10" LED light bar from UTV Inc to mount on the front bumper before the first trip and I have to say for the price it works good.

One day after I hit the lottery I would love to mount a 40" LED bar up top.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Alright....First round of needed things

After driving the car up at KOH I can say that I was amazed by the Suspension.

The car ran O.K. But sputtered and popped a decent amount and kind of hard sarted in the AM. (It was butt ass cold)

We ran out on the dry lake bed and I saw 54 mph on the speedo. Car ran ok and pulled on some Rhinos but I thought it should have felt a little better considering the mods.

I started to investigate these things on the varous forums and DASA racing came to the front of the pack. I called up Dan at DASA and spoke to him about my mods and a dyno tune (Other local shops didn't want to deal with the troublesome AFE intake) He said no probl;em they have a work around for that and to bring it by.

I dropped the car off earlier in the week and they just called and said it was now dialed.

I talked to the guy that did the tune and he was very informative on the phone.

They modified the carbs so the slides now work with the AFE. (AFE intake is known to disrupt the air flow and cause vacume issues.

He said he car was really lean when he started so he had to mess with the jetting and screw settings.

When I dropped it off teh car made 43 hp to the wheels

When they got done it is now making 52 hp to the wheels with a much safer tune.:D:bowdown:;)

Needless to say I am beyond stoked. They also tested the extra 08 dynatek CDI that I got with the Teryx and said its good to go. (I didn't want to sell it w/o being sure)

Not a bad way to spend $150;)

I will also be grabbing some plenum rings and the new clutch cap that is supposed to add 4-6 mph on the top end (think overdrive)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Next weekend Chris (sigepmock)is going to help me build a cage extension so i can install my sons twisted stitch booster.
aefe20f4-335e-4111.jpg
aefe20f4-336a-78c4.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
What tires are you running?

GET SOME

Reaction score
Nice gains on the dyno. Wanna race my mini van of a rhino... Haha

pronstar

Reaction score
He said he car was really lean when he started so he had to mess with the jetting and screw settings.

When I dropped it off teh car made 43 hp to the wheels

When they got done it is now making 52 hp to the wheels with a much safer tune.:D:bowdown:;)

Needless to say I am beyond stoked. They also tested the extra 08 dynatek CDI that I got with the Teryx and said its good to go. (I didn't want to sell it w/o being sure)

Not a bad way to spend $150;)

I'm really surprised more people don't have someone throw their SxS on a dyno and get a proper tune. It's the best value-for-dollar you can spend on these things, IMHO.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I'm really surprised more people don't have someone throw their SxS on a dyno and get a proper tune. It's the best value-for-dollar you can spend on these things, IMHO.

Does 52 to the wheels sound right or is Dasa'a Dyno optomistic compared to say thye pro shops?

pronstar

Reaction score
Does 52 to the wheels sound right or is Dasa'a Dyno optomistic compared to say thye pro shops?

I'm not too familiar with the Teryx's, or what they put down on the dyno, but that's a pretty impressive number if accurate.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Well my Rhino put down 32 to the wheels. So if yours doesn't whoop my ass than I'd say something ain't right. :D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Splain to me how a dyno tune and cage mod is a rebuild? :p

That thing doesnt need anything except a good driver :D

Lets just say its missing a few things to be dialed. I need a couple zeus tab deals and about 100 missing push pins. The awesom billet gas fill was never hooked up so adding gas is a royal pain.

Stereo will be added this off season.

Were racing over the whoops now...;)

speeddmn

Reaction score

I hate to be a spoil sport but there ain't no way you are making 52 hp to the wheels unless there has been some motor work done. TMW here is Mesa does a ton of these and with intake and programmer and dual exhaust they call it there 40hp kit. Look it up on line at tmwoffroad.com
they still run hard at 40hp. it will beat most rhinos for sure. just not mine. :D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I hate to be a spoil sport but there ain't no way you are making 52 hp to the wheels unless there has been some motor work done. TMW here is Mesa does a ton of these and with intake and programmer and dual exhaust they call it there 40hp kit. Look it up on line at tmwoffroad.com
they still run hard at 40hp. it will beat most rhinos for sure. just not mine. :D

Well he'll for sure beat me right now. I went to take my rhino for a night ride last night and I didn't make it a block from the house. Sputtered all the way home. Gotta take the carb apart today. I think the float is stuck.

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Well he'll for sure beat me right now. I went to take my rhino for a night ride last night and I didn't make it a block from the house. Sputtered all the way home. Gotta take the carb apart today. I think the float is stuck.

Are you still running stock jetting? When I had my Rhino, I went with a 155 main (I had airbox mods) and a 45 pilot (made for easier starts) and it seemed to run stronger. Got the advice off the Rhino forums. I have a good article on jetting the Rhino if you want it.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Are you still running stock jetting? When I had my Rhino, I went with a 155 main (I had airbox mods) and a 45 pilot (made for easier starts) and it seemed to run stronger. Got the advice off the Rhino forums. I have a good article on jetting the Rhino if you want it.

No this thing has been tweaked on Rick. It's acting like a stuck float. It's been sitting since thanksgiving so I'm sure it's gotta be in the carb.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

That's impressive mine bhino was just shy of 40 when I had all the work done.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Nevermind. All good now. :D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That's impressive mine bhino was just shy of 40 when I had all the work done.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm curious to see how mine runs compared to yours. The pro shop told me they're mild pump gas 686 builds make around 45hp to the wheels. That's probably the route I'll go when mine gives up the ghost.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
What are the rzr s's, 85?

Sent somewhere from my Droid

Just got back...wow big difference

I dont know how there dyno compares to others but here is the info i got.

Stock teryx. 36hp
Mine. 51hp
Pump gas 840 65-70
Rzr 900 65
Full tilt big bore rhino 55

I asked about the ac 1000 and they havent dynoed one.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Get your ass to the bbq and we can line them up. If you no show i will call it a win;):)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Just got back...wow big difference

I dont know how there dyno compares to others but here is the info i got.

Stock teryx. 36hp
Mine. 51hp
Pump gas 840 65-70
Rzr 900 65
Full tilt big bore rhino 55

I asked about the ac 1000 and they havent dynoed one.

Hmm. Well I don't know whose dyno is more accurate but as long as they give it the right tune I guess it doesnt really matter.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Get your ass to the bbq and we can line them up. If you no show i will call it a win;):)

I'll be there. You better hope you whoop my ass seeing as your nearly putting down 20 more hp.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Hmm. Well I don't know whose dyno is more accurate but as long as they give it the right tune I guess it doesnt really matter.
I have never been a number chaser and let's face it these arent 600hp drag cars..lol

All i know is its now alot quicker than it was. 10 hp gain to the wheels was well worth the $$$.

Now i need to install the od cap for the extra mph.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Mine will wheelie. And cruises 65. Are you sure you really want to put yourself in that situation? :p just saying :D

Lmfao.....keep dreaming about the pulling tires deal. No douby yours will run alot faster up top. The question is can you keep up with your 3k pound suv?;):)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
aefe5330-49a8-0845.jpg

Red before and blue is after...it now starts 10x easier

JBS

Reaction score
Lots of bench racing:D

I will wait for all of you at the top:p

Well assuming i get it back from LTI:bowdown:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Bring you Teryx's but don't forget a case of oil and a tow strap.

Sent from the mother f____ing Droid.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The sad truth about a dyno is, they can be set to say anything, which is why you can never compare different dyno's readings. But they are a great tuning tool.

At any rate, good to put a face to the name. Don't be a stranger.

Brian

Sent from a computer

I have never been a number chaser and let's face it these arent 600hp drag cars..lol

All i know is its now alot quicker than it was. 10 hp gain to the wheels was well worth the $$$.

Now i need to install the od cap for the extra mph.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
The sad truth about a dyno is, they can be set to say anything, which is why you can never compare different dyno's readings. But they are a great tuning tool.

Brian

Sent from a computer

Like wise....keep your eye out for a 840 kit that fell off the back of a truck for me. Then i can show these guys something...haha

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Just took a short 1 hour ride. (started raining on me) Rhinos running great. For a slow pig anyways. LOL.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Brian

Sent from a computer

Did he try to offer them $20 and a 12er for the work they did? :D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
If you guys want, I can take a BBQ and have some hot dogs waiting for you whenever you get there. Maybe even have some brisket ready and waiting :D

This reminds me, I gotta put my tow strap back in my Rhino to tow your broke ass kitty back to camp. :D

JBS

Reaction score
If you guys want, I can take a BBQ and have some hot dogs waiting for you whenever you get there. Maybe even have some brisket ready and waiting :D

LMAO :D

I can take your warm beer with me and have it Ice cold when you get up there:D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
LMAO :D

I can take your warm beer with me and have it Ice cold when you get up there:D

Vic will still be latching doors or putting on his head phones when we enjoy that first cold beer...haha

speeddmn

Reaction score
Stock Teryx makes 32 hp to the wheels. With an intake and programmer and dual exhaust it makes 40. There just ain't no way to get 20 hp from exhaust and an intake and a cdi. My Rhino was dyno'd on Weller racings dyno and it matches all the numbers that the mfg's say there stuff makes so it has to be accurate. I did a stock bore with a little porting and a cam with +1 valves and a carb and it made 46.5 hp to the wheels. Then I took it to Glamis where I put the beat down on stock Razors and Teryxes that were piped and such so I think that the numbers are pretty accurate. I just love bench racing. LOL

speeddmn

Reaction score

If you fuckers hadn't changed the date this year from last year I would be there, but nobody can leave well enough alone. So I'm gonna sit my ass at home and pout!!!:grumble::grumble::grumble:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Ima get the kitty tuned so I can see you even smaller in my rear view mirror :D

Sent somewhere from my Droid

Well oh ya, I just put nitrous on my rhino with 4-50lb. bottles in the bed. Gonna squeeze the piss out of it. :D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
In fact, I think we need to set up some drags and see whats what and who's who :D

Cash money anyone?? $500 to enter??

Well you are kinda bringing a gun to a knife fight. He with the most money is gonna win this race. In other words I'll be dead last. If I could afford a faster machine I'd have one. I'll still race you though. :D

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Brandin, did you get the push pins you needed for the Teryx?

I have a bunch that were from my Rhino when I switched over to billet. If they are the same size and would work, let me know.