WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cole Trickle's Teryx Re Build

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
You fuckers ruined my thread...lol.
Honestly i think JBS whoops us all if his kawi is done in time

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Did you actually think this thread wouldn't get crapped in?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Brandin, did you get the push pins you needed for the Teryx?

I have a bunch that were from my Rhino when I switched over to billet. If they are the same size and would work, let me know.
Rick if you got them i can use em....:)

JBS

Reaction score
I'm the dark horse in this race:D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Time for the od clurch cap.....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1298850506793.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1298850506793.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 204
  • uploadfromtaptalk1298850541959.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1298850541959.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 207

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
CT thank you for the info on the dyno session.
I am starting to think that getting it on the rollers and doing the tune up is worth the effort on these little motors. I don't know if I will haul it all the way down south, but there is a shop in Reno that has the stuff to do it now.
Maybe I will work in a session with them for my Teryx.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
One thing about Rhino vs. Teryx power...the torque number, and how it makes that torque, is the most important thing.

You want a a broad, flat curve, and you get that more with a large V-twin than you do from a smaller single-cylinder. Plus the additional cylinder/displacement gives you a lot more untapped potential.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Dasa od cap installed

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1298857001077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1298857001077.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 194

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Gracias.....why not come down and trade for some beers and bbq?

I'm going to be in Scottsdale for a little spring training. Hell, I even get to watch Vic's Angels play on Sunday against the Diamond Backs. :D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Wow its alot faster tham before....i thought i blew up the clutch but the kawi likes to be all bolted up before you drive it. It seems the shifter tower flexes and it is inbetween gates if unatached.

Left a nice patch on the driveway when i stabbed it. Vic and todd are in trouble...lol

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Brandin, did you get the push pins you needed for the Teryx?

I have a bunch that were from my Rhino when I switched over to billet. If they are the same size and would work, let me know.

That would be my Rhino now Rick. :D Where did you get the billet ones. I lost a couple. :rolleyes:

speeddmn

Reaction score
Vic and todd are in trouble...lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hahaha I may have to drive out for the day just to put the smack down on that Teryx. LOL When I stab the throttle on my Rhino the front wheels come 2 feet off the ground!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Hahaha I may have to drive out for the day just to put the smack down on that Teryx. LOL When I stab the throttle on my Rhino the front wheels come 2 feet off the ground![/QUOTE]

I'll feed you if you show...i don't want you to go home hungry and leave humiliated from getting a beating...haha:D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
You have a great sense of humor Trickle :thumbsup

I hope you can keep it while you're looking at my spare from 1/4 mile away :D

You have no chance with that snow mobile...lol all i have to do is throw out some miller pints and some hydraulic parts and you will forget we're even racing...lol

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Its supposed to be cold that weekend. My kitty loves cold weather ya know :D

I hope you have a full boat when i pull up beside you...lol

Will that 90hp be enough when your hauling all that weight...shall see:D

GET SOME

Reaction score
I hope you have a full boat when i pull up beside you...lol

Will that 90hp be enough when your hauling all that weight...shall see:D

You will beat him once.. After that it will be a twin turbo kitty..

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I'm taking all the seats (including mine) and the spare out that weekend :D

Your too lazy for that...lol

Either way it won't matter...get used to this view...haha

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1298951742627.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1298951742627.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 202

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Unless his Rex can hit 76, he won't be beating me anytime soon :D

But if you're right, turbo time & 100+ is the next step :cool:

This isnt the texas mile i race from one point to another....were setting up 500ft drag course:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Hahaha I may have to drive out for the day just to put the smack down on that Teryx. LOL When I stab the throttle on my Rhino the front wheels come 2 feet off the ground![/QUOTE]

Are you shitting me? HOw much beer has to be in the cooler hanging off the back for that to happen?

Unless his Rex can hit 76, he won't be beating me anytime soon :D

But if you're right, turbo time & 100+ is the next step :cool:

Pretty sure Jeff's Teryx runs right around there somewhere. .

RD

speeddmn

Reaction score
[

Are you shitting me? HOw much beer has to be in the cooler hanging off the back for that to happen?

RD[/QUOTE]

No cooler at all. Just because your slow ass Teryx won't do it don't be a hater!!!:bowdown:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
[

RD

No cooler at all. Just because your slow ass Teryx won't do it don't be a hater!!!:bowdown:[/QUOTE]

You can have all the mods in the world, without suspension you're still gonna get left in the dust.. LOL

RD

speeddmn

Reaction score
Rd you keep telling yourself that. LOL I don't need no stinking long travel..Why don't you make a trip out to phoenix some weekend and I will take you on some real 4x4 trails. Your long travel won't help you none on those.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Your all getting waxed.....lol

840 kit with a 40 shot should be wrapped up next tuesday. There expecting 110-115 to the wheels and a top speed of 100 once the clutching is dialed:skull;):champagne:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Rd you keep telling yourself that. LOL I don't need no stinking long travel..Why don't you make a trip out to phoenix some weekend and I will take you on some real 4x4 trails. Your long travel won't help you none on those.

Coming from the guy that was skeered to go with Adam and Chris to the Desert bar? :D I believe you and group turned around?

RD

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Your all getting waxed.....lol

840 kit with a 40 shot should be wrapped up next tuesday. There expecting 110-115 to the wheels and a top speed of 100 once the clutching is dialed:skull;):champagne:

All I gotta say is that thing better hand my Rhino its ass or else you ain't gonna hear the end of it. Maybe you should let me drive it so we can see what it can really do. :skull

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
All I gotta say is that thing better hand my Rhino its ass or else you ain't gonna hear the end of it. Maybe you should let me drive it so we can see what it can really do. :skull

It runs good....:)

Honestly I think your rhino will be right there on the top end. These use a different clutch set up and most people are not seeing more than 63-65 with my mods.

I only saw around 55 mph going up the hill to my house before the od cap and thats supposed to add another 5-7 mph. I imagine I will see 60 mph gps and 63+ on the dash.

It also sits lower so that stuf we beat the shit of our skid plates on would really suck...lol

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
It runs good....:)

Honestly I think your rhino will be right there on the top end. These use a different clutch set up and most people are not seeing more than 63-65 with my mods.

I only saw around 55 mph going up the hill to my house before the od cap and thats supposed to add another 5-7 mph. I imagine I will see 60 mph gps and 63+ on the dash.

It also sits lower so that stuf we beat the shit of our skid plates on would really suck...lol

I talked to the guys at LSR about my issues with my rear shocks being too long. Well apparently there is a jam nut on the top mount that extended it about half an inch. So I removed it per their instructions and now I don't need the limit straps anymore. Feels like I added a lot more travel to the back. I didn't bottom out the rear at all this weekend.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I talked to the guys at LSR about my issues with my rear shocks being too long. Well apparently there is a jam nut on the top mount that extended it about half an inch. So I removed it per their instructions and now I don't need the limit straps anymore. Feels like I added a lot more travel to the back. I didn't bottom out the rear at all this weekend.

nice....right when you get it dialed your gonna add a bunch of weight to the rear and mess it up:D

GET SOME

Reaction score

Please explain more..... I think this may be my problem ripping the rear cv boots..

Last edited:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Please explain more.....

Too much to type. remind me next weekend and I'll tell you about it. It was an issue with the Bilstein shocks being too long. I was able to shorten the length on them to get rid of the cv bind issue I have. All good now.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
nice....right when you get it dialed your gonna add a bunch of weight to the rear and mess it up:D

Luckily theres no adjustments on these things or else I'd be constantly dicking with them. Greg at LSR told me to just get some 400lb spring for the rear and I'll be good once I go to a 4 seater. Its no long travel but I have to admit it works pretty good for what it is.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
400lb holy shit, you carrying a load of bricks?

I have 250's in the back, 200's in the front.

I'm wondering how heavy my snowmobile really is now :D

Your shock angles probably aren't the same as a Rhino. I have 300's on there now. The more angle in them the heavy the spring you need. Or something like that. LOL!!!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I can't ever change my springs because there powder coated a top secret pretty nasa orange...lol:D:eek::smackbum:

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
Holy $hit I forgot how long winded you faulkers are.....I have a few things I need to clear up ....

1) Artic Cats are for FAGS...:skull:D
2) My jeep does 75mph all day....
3) Djunkie....when you change the spring rates you have to change the valving in the shocks....a 400lb spring pushes back way harder than a 300lb spring so rebound needs to be adjusted as a minimum....
4) We really need to get Lindsey to drive Brandin Tyrex...she was the one that spanked him in the Rhino last time:smackbum:

Ok that's all I got....not very good either...I'm out of pratice....:grumble:

Chris

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
PS Brandin you get some pics of the cage modifications? I'm going by Kevins to pick up the Pipemaster tools, notcher, and clamps just in case.

Chris

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Holy $hit I forgot how long winded you faulkers are.....I have a few things I need to clear up ....

3) Djunkie....when you change the spring rates you have to change the valving in the shocks....a 400lb spring pushes back way harder than a 300lb spring so rebound needs to be adjusted as a minimum....
4) We really need to get Lindsey to drive Brandin Tyrex...she was the one that spanked him in the Rhino last time:smackbum:

Chris

I asked Greg at LSR about that. I was gonna send him the shocks to have it done. He told me no need with the Bilsteins. He said change the springs and run it. Its his kit so I'll go with what he says and see what happens.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
PS Brandin you get some pics of the cage modifications? I'm going by Kevins to pick up the Pipemaster tools, notcher, and clamps just in case.

Chris

I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do with the main hoops.

I will email you some scanned pics becuse im not fancy with photoshop.

I don't think it will be that tough and if we can get the bends right I think it will look good.

grab the clamps I might need a tire rack...lol:D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Chris

The KMS sheave and jetting was probably installed incorrectly by a bunch of drunks...lol

Lindsay only beat me because I was hauling all the beer and there was a rock under my gas pedal:D

speeddmn

Reaction score
Coming from the guy that was skeered to go with Adam and Chris to the Desert bar? :D I believe you and group turned around?

RD

Ha! I had 2 little kids in my back seat and neither one was mine, and one of our group was overheating. It didnt have anything to do with not being able to go..

speeddmn

Reaction score
Maybe we better do a 1 mile race cause mine tops out at 71 on the gps. whoohooo