WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Congratulations to Chicago on its 600th homicide of the year

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
http://www.projectrepublictoday.com...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Liberal run Chicago is making headlines again, and not in the way they would like to be.

A man killed Tuesday has marked the metropolis’s 600th homicide this year while he was amongst 5 people shot in a 7-hour span of gun violence on the South and West sides. 7 hours long span!

3 men had been shot, one of them fatally, while someone opened fire from a light-colored automobile shortly after four p.m. in the 500 block of South Lockwood inside the Westside Austin community. A 25-yr-old man was shot a couple of times within the head and reported lifeless on the scene less than an hour later, Chicago Police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office said. His name has not been released, pending notification of his own family. A 32-yr-old man was shot in the groin and buttocks, and a 28-year-old guy suffered a graze wound to the head. both of their situations have been stabilized at Stroger hospital.

The fatality marked Chicago’s 600th murder of 2017, along with shootings, attacks and different types of incidents, in keeping with statistics maintained by way of the Chicago sun-times. The metropolis ended last 12 months with 781 homicides and hit the 600 mark on Oct. 17, 2016.

On the end of October, the town saw 2,445 shootings in overall for 2017, down from 3,000 thru the identical date last year, according to Chicago Police department statistics. There had been 228 shooting incidents last month.

The majority of shootings occur in the city’s most impoverished neighborhoods, where violent gangs spray bullets to solve petty disputes, former gang members said.

“People are arguing on Facebook over the color of some girl’s hair, real simple things…and they carry guns and when they finally catch each other, that’s how it be,” Derrick House, a 51-year-old former gang member-turned activist, said. “When they see the person they looking for, they don’t care who else is out there, old people and kids, they just start shooting.”

The majority of victims are African-American men, with nearly 50 percent in their teens and twenties.

With the current murder rate the highest it’s been in 17 years, President Trump announced a program in June to deploy federal agents to combat the violence.

“Crime and killings in Chicago have reached such epidemic proportions that I am sending in Federal help,” Trump tweeted

Singleton

Reaction score
Just proves gun laws don’t help. One of the strictest gun law states.
What pisses me off; this gets no news or attention (even on Chicago news). Born in IL, and hope someone figures out a way to reduce this.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Just proves gun laws don’t help. One of the strictest gun law states.
What pisses me off; this gets no news or attention (even on Chicago news). Born in IL, and hope someone figures out a way to reduce this.

We need common sense gun reform the tards shout!!! Gimme background checks!

500bbc

Reaction score
http://www.projectrepublictoday.com...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Liberal run Chicago is making headlines again, and not in the way they would like to be.

A man killed Tuesday has marked the metropolis’s 600th homicide this year while he was amongst 5 people shot in a 7-hour span of gun violence on the South and West sides. 7 hours long span!

3 men had been shot, one of them fatally, while someone opened fire from a light-colored automobile shortly after four p.m. in the 500 block of South Lockwood inside the Westside Austin community. A 25-yr-old man was shot a couple of times within the head and reported lifeless on the scene less than an hour later, Chicago Police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office said. His name has not been released, pending notification of his own family. A 32-yr-old man was shot in the groin and buttocks, and a 28-year-old guy suffered a graze wound to the head. both of their situations have been stabilized at Stroger hospital.

The fatality marked Chicago’s 600th murder of 2017, along with shootings, attacks and different types of incidents, in keeping with statistics maintained by way of the Chicago sun-times. The metropolis ended last 12 months with 781 homicides and hit the 600 mark on Oct. 17, 2016.

On the end of October, the town saw 2,445 shootings in overall for 2017, down from 3,000 thru the identical date last year, according to Chicago Police department statistics. There had been 228 shooting incidents last month.

The majority of shootings occur in the city’s most impoverished neighborhoods, where violent gangs spray bullets to solve petty disputes, former gang members said.

“People are arguing on Facebook over the color of some girl’s hair, real simple things…and they carry guns and when they finally catch each other, that’s how it be,” Derrick House, a 51-year-old former gang member-turned activist, said. “When they see the person they looking for, they don’t care who else is out there, old people and kids, they just start shooting.”

The majority of victims are African-American men, with nearly 50 percent in their teens and twenties.

With the current murder rate the highest it’s been in 17 years, President Trump announced a program in June to deploy federal agents to combat the violence.

“Crime and killings in Chicago have reached such epidemic proportions that I am sending in Federal help,” Trump tweeted

You know what this post makes you don't you?

Yeah just a white sumpremist RACIST!!!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Justfishing

Reaction score

Hullbilly

Reaction score
So because it doesn't make the top 10 it must not bother you that 600 have died. What about the fear many good people live in.

I would also argue that being 18th is misleading. You have the majority of Chicago that has a low murder rate but a section of Chicago has a very high murder rate.

I grew up in northern Il, worked in Chitown and Rockford....The best thing that could happen to the state is those two cities mysteriously are wiped off the map. Most of IL is pretty damn conservative, but liberal cesspools like these cities are the reason this state is circling the drain. No matter how big the paycheck, I’d never ever consider living in that state ever again.
http://www.mystateline.com/news/fbi...ockford-5th-worst-for-violent-crime/363821560

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
"Mass shootings" are nowhere near the top 100 in killing people, yet they seem to take all the headlines...

530RL

Reaction score
So is there a point in there somewhere? Or do you just like to look at a situation from the boxscore?

Sure,

The point is that you don't give a flying fuck about the 600 people killed in Chicago, you just like to bring it up and comment on it because it happens in a city with an administration that has political beliefs contrary to yours.

How is that for the truth?

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Mmmmmm delicious....
even-order-up-a-hot-pretzel.jpg

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Sure,

The point is that you don't give a flying fuck about the 600 people killed in Chicago, you just like to bring it up and comment on it because it happens in a city with an administration that has political beliefs contrary to yours.

That might be your view from your tower, but nothing would make me happier than to have the feds clean up that mess.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Sure,

Though I'm not personally involved or know anyone specifically, I do care. These are not all thugs. A good portion are innocent citizens caught in crossfire or randomly targeted. A young man this summer was shot because of wearing an article of clothing color on the wrong side of the street. Another kid was shot because his little brother had gotten sideways with a gang member.

I care because I really like the city of Chicago and have friends there.

I care because this nation deserves better and that local government you mention ain't doing what they could to stop the slaughter. Fuck their politics, fix their city. It's as simple as that.....

You Don are the cynical hater that doesn't care about anyone but yourself. It becomes more evident by the post. You'd do well to quit trying to assume you know what others think, especially when it appears you draw on your own beliefs and project your mental mess into the mix.......:rolleyes:

530RL

Reaction score
That might be your view from your tower, but nothing would make me happier than to have the feds clean up that mess.

Me too. Unfortunately, the leading cause of these violent deaths in the top 20 cities is the drug business and history showed during prohibition that this is not the fault of the local government as they can not stop it. They are actually trying while the haters like Flex blame the hard working police and local government as if they could waive a magic wand.

And we all know the Fed's view and the Trumpkins view on the drug business, and we all know how well that has been working for decades. So it is going to keep on happening and the Trumpkins will keep blaming liberals and local governments as opposed to blaming the real problem all the while the deaths pile up.

Same as it ever was........

Last edited:

Andy B.

Reaction score
Just ask Marion Berry how well he did, give me a break don't blame drugs blame the people and laws that protect criminal so the cops can't do their job!! Thank the liberal dems for taking the power away and protecting the innocent thugs!!! Oh my son is a good kid the cops just racist, blow your smoke up someone else's ass i'm not buying it! Pretzel that! LOL!

Same thing ohshit head did with ice and border control agents he wouldn't let them do their job according to the law!!! Whatever...........

grumpy88

Reaction score
Me too. Unfortunately, the leading cause of these violent deaths in the top 20 cities is the drug business and history showed during prohibition that this is not the fault of the local government as they can not stop it. They are actually trying while the haters like Flex blame the hard working police and local government as if they could waive a magic wand.

And we all know the Fed's view and the Trumpkins view on the drug business, and we all know how well that has been working for decades. So it is going to keep on happening and the Trumpkins will keep blaming liberals and local governments as opposed to blaming the real problem all the while the deaths pile up.

Same as it ever was........
You are crazy !! There called sanctuary cities not nations . Lapd does not enforce basic laws because mayors and gov are afraid of losing votes , not American citizen life's. It's going on in every major city .

Andy B.

Reaction score
Just ask Marion Berry how well he did, give me a break don't blame drugs blame the people and laws that protect criminal so the cops can't do their job!! Thank the liberal dems for taking the power away and protecting the innocent thugs!!! Oh my son is a good kid the cops just racist, blow your smoke up someone else's ass i'm not buying it! Pretzel that! LOL!

Same thing ohshit head did with ice and border control agents he wouldn't let them do their job according to the law!!! Whatever...........

Lets just add to the Marion Berry, the morons in DC want to give this idiot a statue(convicted felon) yet tear down confederates statutes WTF talk about hypocritical!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Lets just add to the Marion Berry, the morons in DC want to give this idiot a statue(convicted felon) yet tear down confederates statutes WTF talk about hypocritical!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watch out, Oracle Don will get on ya about that Confederate talk.....It's anti patriotic to see the Civil War in any context but what he saw from his high horse on the march to the sea.:eek:o_O

530RL

Reaction score

That's a fair point. As Flexy points out, the US doesn't exactly have the best record when it comes to whom to give out a statue.

Fact is, I got to get the turbos back on my sand car so I can go to the dunes so no time for this right now, but over the holiday I will bake you a whole box of pretzels on this topic that will make you either 1) like Flexy and the other Trumpkins throw your hands up and blame anyone who does not think Trump is the greatest thing ever, or 2) you will see how the pretzel is actually a result of a a combination of horrible US federal and state policies that are all decided in a vacuum without regard to how when "twisted" together actually result in horrible outcomes such as Chicago.

Hell, even Racey might agree with me........

Andy B.

Reaction score
That's a fair point. As Flexy points out, the US doesn't exactly have the best record when it comes to whom to give out a statue.

Fact is, I got to get the turbos back on my sand car so I can go to the dunes so no time for this right now, but over the holiday I will bake you a whole box of pretzels on this topic that will make you either 1) like Flexy and the other Trumpkins throw your hands up and blame anyone who does not think Trump is the greatest thing ever, or 2) you will see how the pretzel is actually a result of a a combination of horrible US federal and state policies that are all decided in a vacuum without regard to how when "twisted" together actually result in horrible outcomes such as Chicago.

Slow down Tex I don't think trumps the greatest thing ever but if he gets 30% of his agenda I agree with done then we are heading in the right direction IMO..

Enjoy your weekend and be safe!

530RL

Reaction score
Slow down Tex I don't think trumps the greatest thing ever but if he gets 30% of his agenda I agree with done then we are heading in the right direction IMO..

Enjoy your weekend and be safe!

Nice, now you are insulting me and my intelligence by calling me Tex........ :mad::mad::mad:

Andy B.

Reaction score
Nice, now you are insulting me and my intelligence by calling me Tex........ :mad::mad::mad:

I call everyone Tex i just like saying it reminds me of old westerns for some reason.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score

Let’s see some pics of the sand car when you get a chance.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sure,

So, would you say that your level of care about elephants is greater than or less than his care about the Chicago dead?

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
You won’t find that ever with me!
But at the same time I’m not stupid to listen to what Trump says either!

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
You won’t find that ever with me!
But at the same time I’m not stupid to listen to what Trump says either!

HA HA HA

I hope your computer is well grounded , because I don't want you to be electrocuted by your tears flooding your keyboard .

TRUMP IS THE POTUS ! HA HA HA

You are so closed minded that you REFUSE to HEAR OTHER OPINIONS , even those of the POTUS !

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
HA HA HA

I hope your computer is well grounded , because I don't want you to be electrocuted by your tears flooding your keyboard .

TRUMP IS THE POTUS ! HA HA HA

You are so closed minded that you REFUSE to HEAR OTHER OPINIONS , even those of the POTUS !
No, I’m not stupid enough to drink that orange piss that you’re drunk on!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Sure,

Looks like every city above them are run the same way, not a republican run city on the list