WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dad's Boating Pix circa 1969 Back to Lake Powell

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
5 families with gear for a week of camping on the Escalante' River approx 80 miles up lake from Wahweap. Boats ranged from 18' to the BIG boats at 20'.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is some good stuff right there!! I've always kinda wanted to do an overnighter out on the water.. But then I remember I ahte camping.

RD

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
That is some good stuff right there!! I've always kinda wanted to do an overnighter out on the water.. But then I remember I ahte camping.

RD

Does being in the boat when the sun comes up count?

Sent from my Commodore 64.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
That 68 cab over is sweet.....

cool pics

It was VERY sweet as an upgrade to the one shown in the '68 Powell thread. This one was deluxe, 3/4 ton, 327, Turbo (I dunno maybe a 400) trans, A/C, P/S &P/B's. Pops disconnected the center A/C vent, put a long flex line on it and we ran it through the camper boot up the overhead bed. Thats where all of the 'cool' kids rode back in the day. Seat belts.....blah!

CC

fmo24

Reaction score
My brothers and I had many a battle uP in the cabover. It usually lasted till someone came crashing down.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Those are awesome pics of Powell. Been there only once but what a trip, spent a couple of days on the Escalante exploring the Indian ruins and cool little splinter canyons. Almost lost my Malibu to some four or five foot rollers where the river dumps into main channel !!!!!

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I had to come look at these threads after what Carl said in The Lounge...

So am I seeing the one picture correctly, the Oldsmobile is pulling the boat? That is awesome...

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I had to come look at these threads after what Carl said in The Lounge...

So am I seeing the one picture correctly, the Oldsmobile is pulling the boat? That is awesome...

1966 Olds 98 towing a 19' SabreCraft. Funny part is Bob had so much beer for a week up lake that the boat wouldn't get on plane coming out of Wahweep. Had to stop and move all the beer forward to get on plane.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I love those old pics. been meaning to scan all my grandparents lake pics for years, just never gotton around too it :(