WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB F32

Enen

Reaction score
Does this guy actually make money with this marketing tactic?

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Beautiful boat. I believe it’s owned by a gentlemen here in Phx who moved up to a Skater.

It was serviced at Prestige in Havasu, I suspect they would give you the info on who actually has the listing and/or pass your info to owner.

May be worth a call to Maxed Out Marine as well. Even if they don’t have the listing, it’s a small world and they may be able to assist.

-Zack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
That boat runs strong. I have run a few times with the owner. Also there is a member on here that is really good friends with him @krs1979 I believe or something like that.

Andy01

Reaction score
Last time that boat sold the current owner burned a few people and bought it for $185,000. I'm sure it's up there in hours now.

River918

Reaction score
I would never buy a boat from this Rockstar guy. He does have a few boats that are listed exclusively with him, but most of the ones he has listed are hijacked from other brokers. I've see a couple over the years I was interested in, but when I saw he was the only one listing it I moved on. I'm surprised Rockstar Energy hasn't hit him for copyright violations on his logo.

Reaction score
Jay with Rockstar Boats is a MEATHEAD.............He listed my boat without my approval or permission. I'm surprised he's still listing boats.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
How do you burn people and buy a boat for a good price? This boat is always parked under he London bridge at the condos. I have also seen a couple skaters at the same dock.

I have talked to the owner a few times and he’s always been a very nice guy. Stocks and blonds is the boat name.

Last time that boat sold the current owner burned a few people and bought it for $185,000. I'm sure it's up there in hours now.

TVMNick

Reaction score
The 700Sci/NXT F32's are very impressive, I love mine! If you are looking for one that is listed at a more reputable seller check out the Charcoal/Red/Black F32 that Maxed Out Marine has listed on this forum and their website. That boat I can attest to its care and condition, the current owner is an awesome guy and would be more than happy to talk to you about it!

Here is the listing on RDP: http://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru...t-drives-updated-interior-super-sweet.175374/

Enen

Reaction score
Jay with Rockstar Boats is a MEATHEAD.............He listed my boat without my approval or permission. I'm surprised he's still listing boats.

How did you deal with it? Did a normal cease and desist letter work, or did you need to get a lawyer involved? His whole MO doesn't make senes to me.

TVMNick

Reaction score
How did you deal with it? Did a normal cease and desist letter work, or did you need to get a lawyer involved? His whole MO doesn't make senes to me.

From my understanding on the listings he takes from other places, if he can actually get a buyer for a boat he redirects the buyer to the actual listing agent. If the deal goes through then he gets a finders fee or something, that was the only thing ever explained to me that made sense and would explain the MO. I would imagine that would be a pretty frustrating process though for a buyer, being bounced from one person to the next.

I've talked with both Rick at Maxed Out and Preston at Horizon and both were really great, I've never done business with either one and they both treated me like I had been a customer forever. I wouldn't hesitate going with either one of those dealers.

Reaction score
Simple fix, just needed to be aggressive.......
I called Jay at Rockstar and told him if he didn’t remove my boat from his Website immediately I would deal with him personally as soon as I found him.
My boat was removed from his Site within minutes.
I told him he didn’t have permission to do anything with my boat and to never Post it again.
Rockstar Boats is joke, the guy has no Shop or Office and just surfs the Web taking random boats “For Sale” and re-listing them himself.
Just read his Ads, he doesn’t even know proper grammar.
Rick at Maxed Out is a professional, I’ve dealt with him before and I’ll deal with him again. I would highly recommend Maxed Out.

4Waters

Reaction score
I called Jay at Rockstar and told him if he didn’t remove my boat from his Website immediately I would deal with him personally as soon as I found him.
I told him he didn’t have permission to do anything with my boat and to never Post it again.
Rockstar Boats is joke, the guy has no Shop or Office and just surfs the Web taking random boats “For Sale” and re-listing them himself.
Rick at Maxed Out is a professional, I’ve dealt with him before and I’ll deal with him again. I would highly recommend Maxed Out.
So anyways, that's a bad ass boat GLWTS.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
From my understanding on the listings he takes from other places, if he can actually get a buyer for a boat he redirects the buyer to the actual listing agent. If the deal goes through then he gets a finders fee or something, that was the only thing ever explained to me that made sense and would explain the MO. I would imagine that would be a pretty frustrating process though for a buyer, being bounced from one person to the next.

I've talked with both Rick at Maxed Out and Preston at Horizon and both were really great, I've never done business with either one and they both treated me like I had been a customer forever. I wouldn't hesitate going with either one of those dealers.

See and imho, yea i get it they also want to make the sale..., but by these others giving him a “finders fee” they are kinda at fault as well. What they as well as all, should do is accept the potential or actual buyer then once transaction is complete give the purchaser a shirt a free end of season detail and One post purchase fuel fill up, or just the amount that they’d give Jackass Boats as a finders fee. That would take his position in doing it and make him stop I’d imagine

TVMNick

Reaction score
See and imho, yea i get it they also want to make the sale..., but by these others giving him a “finders fee” they are kinda at fault as well. What they as well as all, should do is accept the potential or actual buyer then once transaction is complete give the purchaser a shirt a free end of season detail and One post purchase fuel fill up, or just the amount that they’d give Jackass Boats as a finders fee. That would take his position in doing it and make him stop I’d imagine

Totally agree with you, I think it would be extremely off-putting to a potential buyer to be redirected to the actual listing agent after calling what appears to be the broker for the deal. I can't imagine the number of deals that don't happen period because they call rockstar first and have a poor experience. Just like CanadianNordic28ss said above, I'd be super pissed if my boat was listed on there when I had it listed with an actual broker.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Totally agree with you, I think it would be extremely off-putting to a potential buyer to be redirected to the actual listing agent after calling what appears to be the broker for the deal. I can't imagine the number of deals that don't happen period because they call rockstar first and have a poor experience. Just like CanadianNordic28ss said above, I'd be super pissed if my boat was listed on there when I had it listed with an actual broker.
Again that in my opinion is something that not the owner/seller should deal with but the actual broker should deal with. But if these brokers are then shelling out a “finders fee” to this idiot they are just as responsible for any bad deals of loss of a sale caused by an obviously uneducated idiot that cannot use proper grammar or even spelling in his hacked for sale ads.
May be ruthless but if i had my boat with a broker and found out after the sale he permitted as well gave a finders fee to that idiot I’d most likely slam the guy whom i had paid to broker the deal for me. Just extremely unprofessional, rant off....

Enen

Reaction score

Ricky and Paul at Maxed Out Marine are first class guys.

I've seen this Rockstar guy get called out before for his business tactics. What I don't get is why? I mean, has the practice of stealing other boat listings and placing your phone number and logo on them made him money at one point in time? I don't understand the thought process that would lead someone to repeatedly conduct themselves in a manner that generates so much negative awareness of their brand.

It really makes no sense.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
This Rockstar boat guy was telling people he had the listing on my F32 and I was getting calls from people asking me if the boat was indeed for sale. I called him, Jay, and had a very direct conversation regarding this, he denied it which was BS.